Hondo's Bar

wolvie vs hulk

Lorelei

The Victor?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, I give up.

That's what most say when they read some of my X-Men story boards. They should just get guys with PhDs in physics and biology to write the comics instead of Whedon or whoever it is now. Guy knows nothing and really doesn't take it seriously.

/cracks knuckles

What kind of mutation is that if his blasts are always active? It's as if his mutation is striving for him to be a total loner?

Mutations are not always benevolent. The official story for a long time was that the concussion he sustained as a child leaping from his parents crashing plane effected the part of his brain that would have given him full control of his optic blasts. Not sure if this is still officially the case.

Surely there would of been issues when his power was first activation. Forgot what age Xavier found him, but surely he would of blasted his eyelids off by then? How would he of slept with his eyes open constantly? Also, if he glances down -- he's blown his leg off. What about when he would try to take a slash? If he wants to aim he's blasted his cock off.

Cyclops is completely immune to his own blasts, from what I understand he emits a low grade psychokinetic energy absorbing field at all times.

Interesting theory of Xavier psychosomatically helping him, but all of the aforementioned was before he did. Also Ruby quartz sunglasses/visors must have taken 1) lots of money and 2) who would of made them. This increases his potential cock-blasting time. Perhaps writers have also thought of this.

Xavier clearly has more money than God. The guy owns a stealth capable Blackbird jet for fucksake. I've always suspected that he worked the stock market. In Ultimate they explained this by tying him to the Hellfire Club. And if it's all in his head, Ruby Quartz doesn't even really have to exist. Xavier could have given him glasses covered in red cellophane.

Cyclops has this big deus ex where he'll suddenly not need his visor for a bit and he'll save the day. Of course, he always eventually has to use the visor again because his name is fucking Cyclops. It's how the character is identified, it's iconic. Marvel isn't going to let anyone dump it for long. No one would call glowy eye dude "Cyclops".

Here's my brilliant solution (disclaimer: if I were ever given a chance to write X-Men, fans would bludgeon me and leave me half buried in a desert anthill).

Cyclops gets full control of his Optic Blasts, making him a permanent badass. Everything's cool for a few issues, then (for some reason involving lives and balances) he has to force the strongest blast he can.

Normally, this is where you would insert the "burnt out, have to use the visor now" bit.

BUT NO! What happens is he blasts away the bit of face between his eyes. I know he can't literally do that, so lets say that the dimensional gateways in his eyes were opened so wide that they swallowed that bit. Kinda like Chamber, just a red bar where his eyes were.

This way, he gets to dump the visor and still fit the name. With the added bonus of looking cool as fuck.

Hondos: The Place To Go For X-Men fanfic

How would they survive without oxygen in that atmosphere? Their healing factor may keep them alive but they'd be zombies floating in space, no way of coming back to earth.

As far as Hulk goes, his healing factor is so badass that he can adaptively mutate to certain situations. He's survived in the vacuum of space before. He does have to breath, but he can hold his breath for a long time. Like, Omniman long. Weeks.

But I don't even see that being an issue. Hulk is going to be actively fighting any backwards momentum. Even at escape velocity, those big ass hands pushing air the other direction are going to slow him down quick.

Wolverine, yeah. I guess if you knocked him into space I don't think you'd really have to worry about him. At least not for a while.

Superman is a faggot that we can't even apply pseudo-physics to. Not even drunk.

Can't argue with that.

So wait. You WRITE X-Men books? Like, for fun? I'd like to read them sometime.

Cosigned! I'd really like to see interpretations of the characters from a more scientific background.

You guys telling me I'm the only one that's attempted at writing X-Men comic books? It's just pseudo-science stuff which ideally I wanted to put more research into but it isn't my major. I wanted a huge emphases on evolution theory and would start my arcs with a group of palaeontologists narrating their study and relating it to current day and showing how insects and fish can mutate, evolve.. and become bigger, or faster.. I only have about 120pages in black and white but need to find the time for the research before I decide how to publish it.

We need to agree: are these blasts powerful enough to send either Wolverine or the Hulk (average weight if possible) beyond the stratosphere and into, say, the exosphere?

Listen, I don't think you can ride one of Cyke's blasts like a rocket to the moon. I think it works like a powerful punch or an extremely overpowered hose. It'll take you off the ground, but not THAT far. I mean, enough to send the Hulk into space? No fucking way. Wolverine would obviously be affected greater than the Hulk, but he wouldn't leave Earth's atmosphere either. Hundreds of feet? Maybe. Yeah, Scott's pretty powerful, but he can't repel the Hulk THAT long. After all he's still just a man and the fact that the guy has to blink every couple seconds would be his greatest weakness. And that's just for starters. Dude'll tire eventually and Hulk would obliterate him.

Two quick points regarding Cyclops, sorry if they were addressed in earlier, TL;DR posts.

1) Whedon's said that Cyclops' control or lack thereof is indeed psychosymatic. Check out volume 2 of his astonishing arc.

2) on the matter of self-damage, it should also be noted by some ridiculous twist that he nor Havoc's abilities have any affect on eachother. This is how Summers never blew his cock off and also how closing his eyes stops it, but these points may tie back to #1.

Oh the Scott Pilgrim fan is disbarraging fanboy jerk-offery. The monopoly man with grillz ain't this rich

Half this thread could be consolidated with the scientific answers to fanboy questions thread. As always, once we establish that :wolvy: loses, NZA loses interest.

None of this should be moved anywhere. This thread is Lorelei.

guys guys

do you think reed richards, armed with boxing gloves made of unstable molecules, could beat werewolf by night, IF THEY FOUGHT ON THE MOON

No. Way.

It was revealed in Tales to Astonish #317 that if Jack Russell ever attained direct contact with a full moon, he would attain the power of Fenris and bring about Ragnorok.

But the thing is, Reed could just stretch his brain until he was smart enough to come up with a way of defeating him.

Hmmm.

irrational fanboy speaks on his agenda without keeping score (ive posted multiple times since page 1), news at 11

really, comic book question/answer stuff can be fun, but panch is the only one acting like he's aware we're being trolled. Logan likely doesn't care, and for you, i just wanted you to know before getting balls-deep into the complexities of ruby-quartz cod pieces that the respective party you're answering doesn't care and will soon be asking you if you think Superman's sense of humor is super as well.

now look what you've made me do. i've spilled chardonnay all over my pristine copy of The Lonely Death of Got-No-Legs Boy. and it was the original printing before they reprinted it with shia fucking leboof on the cover. :arty:

Getting back on topic.. (Where are the mods when you need them?)

Hulk_heal.jpg

Sorry for the image size. Anyway, we can quite clearly see that Hulk has not only regenerated all his muscle and skin and whatever else, but his hair as well.

How is a healing factor smart enough to know how to grow back x amount of hair (and then stop), and in a certain style? This is why I question Hulk's healing factor. It's just an over-hyped auto-hair styler.

Deadpool has survived from being in a liquid state. He has also survived a nuke. He is cursed with everlasting life and is smart enough to know he has it. The guy has the power to write his own books, and knows he's a comic book character. Which is why I think he'd have what it'd take to beat Hulk.Deadpool's healing factor is strong enough that he has previously survived decapitation more than once. DP also has a magic satchel, allowing him to pull whatever weapon he chooses. When it comes to battling, Taskmaster (who can copy anyone's fighting style, thus becoming their equal) was unable to be DP. He was also granted immortality. Also, I forgot the issue.. DP gets his heart ripped out and regenerates another one in 1 second.

1305875-deadpool_ls2_02_pg08_super.jpg

Where the fuck has this guy been? The other guy said that Wolverine could kill the hulk with a claw to an organ or a bullet to the brain. Now you're all Ronnie the Researcher.

So Deadpool/Hulk now? Is that on topic?

I dunno. Deadpool would probably survive, but I don't think he'd win. But I don't know anything outside of the common pool of knowledge about him, I've never read any Deadpool books. I just know of him through other shit. Like Quasar and Matter-Eater Lad.

I would actually LOVE to see that fight! I can see it now... Deadpool would just annoy Hulk to suicide. AND THAT WOULD BE HIS PLAN! I loved that Wolverine: Origins arc were Wade was hired to kill Logan and for like 5 issues chased him around and fought and escaped just cause he wanted Wolvie to stand in a certain spot CAUSE HE WANTED TO DROP A PIANO ON HIS HEAD! AWESOME!

I would actually LOVE to see that fight! I can see it now... Deadpool would just annoy Hulk to suicide. AND THAT WOULD BE HIS PLAN! I loved that Wolverine: Origins arc were Wade was hired to kill Logan and for like 5 issues chased him around and fought and escaped just cause he wanted Wolvie to stand in a certain spot CAUSE HE WANTED TO DROP A PIANO ON HIS HEAD! AWESOME!

Deadpool #4. Was fun as hell.

Archived