Hondo's Bar

wolvie vs hulk

Lorelei

The Victor?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SIGH... I know this is a setup but good god I must defend my brother nerd's honour.

It's actually adamantium bonded to Wolverine's bones. As to who wins in a final fight? I find it hard to disagree with Millar's take @ the end of OML, it all comes down to the Hulk being strong enough to crush Wolvie's adamantium skull, which i don't think he is. So otherwise it'd be a series of stalemating disabilities.

OK adamantium then. You can't destroy it so how can the Hulk crush it? The Hulk isn't smart enough to suffocate Wolverine either. Like I said all Wolverine as to do is slash the Hulk in any organs. To be honest why even get close-quarters just shoot the Hulk in the head. Doubt his healing factor would stop a bullet to the brain... IIRC Wolverine is sniper-trained.

Either party could snipe, but for that matter anyone in the marvel U could pick up a sniper rifle and take a crack. Defeats the purpose of these annual slugfests though. But yeah, killing the brain is key to any definite victory. By those stakes alone Wolvy has a better chance of perforating Banner's braincasing.

Wow seriously? A bullet? Obviously Hulk isn't just gonna stand there and allow Wolverine to just stab him in the heart. There's gonna be a struggle (one that my last several hours). Adamantium bones or not, Wolverine's not going to outlast the Hulk in an endurance fight. Wolverine would have to get lucky with a freak accident or something. Otherwise, Wolverine get's knocked out and the Hulk throws him into the atmosphere or into the ocean where he has no air and dies. The End. Marvel, call me.

Come to that, how is it noone's made more of Wolverine's greatest weakness™, a large, deep body of water? I'm thinking knocked out or no, healing factor would wake him up before hitting water(not that it'd help). Hulk has the strength but not the mental faculty to actually aim a corpse @ the sun or body of water though. And where does Wolverine sit on the stamina scale? I wanna say stamina would be something replenished as part of a healing factor, but then I always figured using his healing factor used up all his stamina. We need a NZA for this...

Can we be realistic please here guys.

Wow seriously? A bullet? Obviously Hulk isn't just gonna stand there and allow Wolverine to just stab him in the heart. There's gonna be a struggle (one that my last several hours). Adamantium bones or not, Wolverine's not going to outlast the Hulk in an endurance fight. Wolverine would have to get lucky with a freak accident or something. Otherwise, Wolverine get's knocked out and the Hulk throws him into the atmosphere or into the ocean where he has no air and dies. The End. Marvel, call me.

If you ask me, Bullseye would stand a great change. Could throw a dart through Hulk's eye, penetrate his brain. Game over. Any decent sniper could scum the Hulk. He's also really stupid and bulky, all Wolverine has to do is run at him and stab him. It depends on the environment. Don't forget Wolverine killed that guy who is as big as a planet. If he can kill a guy who eats Jupiter like a piece of popcorn I think he can take down some green chump with a temper.

Come to that, how is it noone's made more of Wolverine's greatest weakness™, a large, deep body of water? I'm thinking knocked out or no, healing factor would wake him up before hitting water(not that it'd help). Hulk has the strength but not the mental faculty to actually aim a corpse @ the sun or body of water though. And where does Wolverine sit on the stamina scale? I wanna say stamina would be something replenished as part of a healing factor, but then I always figured using his healing factor used up all his stamina. We need a NZA for this...

Healing factor surely only gives you the ability to heal from wounds quicker. I doubt it affects unconsciousness. Drowning in non-escapable water would leave you stuck there for all eternity maybe. There would be no way for the lungs to empty of water, constantly rendering him into a helpless state. However you could argue that his lung capacity is greater than ours so it would be interesting how that would work. Biology isn't my strongest subject.

Wolverine is getting quite old now and drinks and smokes a lot so he's probably worse off than he once was in whatever year Wolverine:Origin is set in.

Just my £0.02.

Hulk is obviously stronger, but he also heals a lot faster than Wolvie and it's a lot harder to injure him in the first place. Plus all of those attributes can increase to an unknown degree.

Straight up just fighting, a real fight, no other factors involved, I'd give it to Hulk everytime. Wolvie could never go toe to toe for too long, he lasts exactly until Hulk tags or grabs him, then either all that flesh outside of his adamantium gets squished or he gets tossed into orbit. Wolvie's cuts certainly hurt, and he will not go down easy, but that's really just gonna piss Hulk off. Maybe Wolvie's skull can't be cracked, but if you pound the shit out of it long enough the brain inside is eventually just going to be a pool of goo.

It's not even a fair fight when you think about it, it's a scrappy little guy who scratches you with his nails against a living WMD.

We can't cite comics as evidence, Wolvie beat Lobo for Feetal's sake. We must be realistic.

So the moral is: Wolvie's no Sue Storm, get a few drinks in that cunt and allll you hear is

"Omigod, have I ever told you about the time I took out the hulk?"

YES BITCH, ABOUT A MILLION TIMES! Gawd.

:hulk: , no contest. the only times he could be said to have "won" (which for most, means surviving) would be the classic

r016k1.jpg

...where :wolvy: realized he only had enough strength to penetrate hulk's skin if the hulk was charging him (using his momentum), and that like logan said, Hulk just healed too fast for him to have noticed in earlier fights. the other time, he kinda teleported in & clawed up his neck something fierce while he was Death (dont ask) but you can kinda file that near - though not as bad as - Logan's example with Lobo.

as for stamina: older books said it's limitless, as far as walking/etc but fighting & all that, he will eventually tire, though it could be days. not really gonna matter with the constant concussions & incapacitation, though.

i dont know if Hulk can kill him with his bare hands, but wolvy cant kill him regardless unless we're on some Frank Miller "batman just beat superman!" shit...wolverine's not on his level, he's just a badass for playing at it and being able to walk away.

I don't think there will be any killing either one, but eventually Hulk is gonna crush Wolvie into a ball of putty. Again it won't kill him, but will seriously fu-huck him up. Now if ol' Logan gets the jump on Bruce Banner.....

see, Ennis did that in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe...frank sneaks up on a sleeping bruce, shoots him in the head. maybe i'm thinking of Hulk: The End here, but does that even work? ive not read enough Hulk to say, but i thought any mortal injury, Hulk's taking over and you're fucked. it is that Hulk has to start manifesting before the injury? honestly kinda unclear on this.

see, Ennis did that in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe...frank sneaks up on a sleeping bruce, shoots him in the head. maybe i'm thinking of Hulk: The End here, but does that even work? ive not read enough Hulk to say, but i thought any mortal injury, Hulk's taking over and you're fucked. it is that Hulk has to start manifesting before the injury? honestly kinda unclear on this.

Yes, but in The End he was dying of a heart attack. If Banner is asleep and he dies instantly then the Hulk has no time to react.

Yes, but in The End he was dying of a heart attack. If Banner is asleep and he dies instantly then the Hulk has no time to react.

I'm going to have to take your word on that. I was wondering what qualifies as "instantly" and how fast a cellular change can occur. Like, bullet penetrates skin, by the time it reaches brain maybe the change is already beginning with the subsequent healing factor?

I think I'm in the same boat as NZA, I just haven't read enough actual Hulk books to make a call. I've gotten most of my knowledge from 25 year old copies of Official Handbok of the Marvel Universe, trading cards, word of mouth and comic book store osmosis.

Can we start getting mathematical about this?

Apparently, the Hulk gets stronger the maddder he gets. He also gets bigger. Perhaps if you enraged him beyond physical growth, you could kill him that way?

Yes but how do you do that to something that constantly gets stronger as it enlarges? His entire body basically rebuilds itself every time he gets bigger and adapts.

All Wolvie has to do is calm him down because then he'll turn back into Bruce or some weak Hulk. Show him pictures of his girlfriend. Shoot him in the head. Game over.

If you don't mad him mad then he has no power. It's as simple as that.

All Wolvie has to do is calm him down because then he'll turn back into Bruce or some weak Hulk. Show him pictures of his girlfriend. Shoot him in the head. Game over.

You can't just go "btw guys, wolverine is also act II Batman who already learned the weaknesses to exploit" and then remove that option for banner/hulk.

So...hard...to resist...bait...

I like the idea that you could just throw up a portrait of Banner's girlfriend to essentially de-power Hulk. Little known fact: sobbing and anguish make Hulk even stronger than rage does.

27zygyd.jpg

20zxsm8.jpg

2whpkd1.jpg

:FHD:

Show him pictures of Betty? Come on... he ain't fucking King Kong. Fucking guy gets angry when people are around! He'll just be agitated that 'puny hairy human' is bothering him. Wolverine ain't just a kitten either (despite his first uniform). The Hulk knows that he's a threat and would not let his guard down.

As far as catching Hulk while sleeping as Banner, that's different. Like I mentioned before, Logan would have to get lucky.

...does he, though? i mean, from what you guys are saying here: he fights the hulk, gets knocked into jersey, but has his scent & tracks him to where he sleeps, fight over.

i get that if he has time to hulk out - i.e., falling from a plane, etc - he's fine, not so sure about a claw to the brain. there was a point in recent years when Banner had such control of the power, that he could channel some of the strength/resilience while still human...then again, if we go on continuity, isn't Banner still de-hulk'd right now?

Archived