Hondo's Bar

wolvie vs hulk

Lorelei

The Victor?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was a good shot...but the suit comes out of his skin or something these days, so he got all helmety in time, from his warning system. he just repulsor-ray'd you 3 buildings over, and you are now quadriplegic.

GAME OVER

Or some other fan-written bull. If it's a gun vs Stark, gun wins, if it's a gun vs Iron Man, Iron Man wins. Unless it's a super gun from planet Horsup, with repulsor-ignoring coatings.

My point is, you can bullshit whatever scenario you want. The Hulk might throw the empire state building and it lands on Logan three states away. At least in the Cap vs Batman thread, we had the implicit assumption it was the two going toe to toe.

i get that, but...again, how do you isolate this? you're saying they only fight when banner = hulk? the whole "finding him asleep" thing is coming up cause we keep saying they fight forever and neither die...you can try taking that off the table, but it's not the same as deus-ex'ing shit with batman, i think. Hulk does revert back to Banner eventually, except in the future with Maestro or whoever.

Lets cover that to get it out of the way.

Wolverine Vs. Hulk. Battle to the death, because fate demanded it or something. Hulk wins.

Lorelei has some good points though, lord knows that Batman has a ton of knowledge on the Hulk, it makes sense that on one of their many teamups Batman would have told his friend Wolverine about the weaknesses of one of his oldest enemies.

Wolverine plays it cool, gets Hulk to trust him like the lummox that he is, then slashes Hulk's taint open and starts digging into his eyes or something.

you could've just said it was run by the Beyonder or somethin'.

Well, sure.

I'm just sayin', that one type of scenario is checked off, as far as I'm concerned anyway. We've been throwing all kinds of variables in since the beginning, this is far from over. :2T:

Now it seems to have become a question of whether or not Wolverine could assassinate the Hulk. To which I say, possibly.

Any ideas as to the limits of Hulk's power? I thought he got tired after a while. How big can he grow?

We also need to decide who's got the better healing factor. I say Wolverine, as it's active all the time. He can also survive having his whole skeleton ripped out by Magneto.

The hulk isn't bulletproof. His flesh regenerates almost instantly when the bullet hits, that's what makes them bounce off of him. He isn't made of rubber, that's just how badass his healing factor is.

Wolverine sans adamantium may be near the same tier at least, but he'd have none of the necessary bite.

Noooo! Tony feels his 'Iron Sense' tingling and reacts just in time.

you read Extremis, right? if we went with that Tony, he uses satellites for eyes. satellites!

yeah, logan nailed it again - :wolvy: 's healing factor was closest to say deadpool's but only when he didn't have the metal. his bone-claw fight with hulk was fuckin' sad.

as for Hulk's limits...have you read Planet Hulk? good book.

Summarise Planet Hulk?

Honestly, you should read for yourself. It's the best Hulk story, I think, ever (haven't read much Hulk). You're doing a disservice to yourself if you just have that story 'summarized'.

Also how is Hulk smart enough to kill Wolverine? Have fun smashing indestructible metal..

Which Hulk are we talkin'? There has been several versions that vary in intelligence. Let's say for the sake of argument it's the dumb Hulk. Who wins? Hulk. Smart Hulk? Um... still Hulk. Logan ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, either.

Now, let's say we took both characters at their absolute best. Top of their game. Plantet/World War Hulk and post-Civil War-skin-flesh-guts-burned-off-walkin'-skeleton Wolverine. Still Hulk.

I get the feeling that you're one of those guys that lives and dies by the 90s X-Men cartoon...

How big can he grow?

91gfwo.jpg

:2T:

Which Hulk personality we're dealing with is another variable that hasn't really really been established. But like Panch said, the outcome is going to be the same.

Honestly, you should read for yourself. It's the best Hulk story, I think, ever (haven't read much Hulk). You're doing a disservice to yourself if you just have that story 'summarized'.

I had never gotten around to reading Planet Hulk either, then I screamed GO-GO GADGET MARVEL DIGITAL! (That's gonna get annoying quick)

It is indeed pretty cool. It was like something out of a late '70's/early '80's issue of Heavy Metal or Epic. I was waiting for him to go on a quest for the Lok'Nar or something.

If you shot Wolverine in the heart that would probably kill him if you missed his ribcage. If you shot him in the head it'd have to go through his eye.

So Banner may have a chance.

Would it though? Nobody can decide how fast his healing factor works, and it takes a few seconds to die of a heart with a hole in it, I've seen deer run two miles with their heart exploded, it stands to reason he could regenerate before he succumbs to the blood loss. Brain wouldn't work unless it was absolutely obliterated and even then there's no garuntee that it wouldn't regrow from the brain stem. Decapitation has been theorized and the only real death I've ever seen of the guy is to atomize every single organic part of him and it's only worked twice, once in the Ultimate Universe (where I bet he's going to return soon) and once in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe which operates on shaky logic at best.

Would it though? Nobody can decide how fast his healing factor works, and it takes a few seconds to die of a heart with a hole in it, I've seen deer run two miles with their heart exploded, it stands to reason he could regenerate before he succumbs to the blood loss. Brain wouldn't work unless it was absolutely obliterated and even then there's no garuntee that it wouldn't regrow from the brain stem. Decapitation has been theorized and the only real death I've ever seen of the guy is to atomize every single organic part of him and it's only worked twice, once in the Ultimate Universe (where I bet he's going to return soon) and once in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe which operates on shaky logic at best.

HUMBERTORAMOS.jpg

Here's the one time I know it happened in the 616 Marvel Universe during Civil War when Logan went after Nitro. that's the cover, but that happens in the book as well. To me, it don't make sense. Obviously, he wasn't walkin' around like that, but come on. I don't care how good your healing factor is, you ain't comin' back from that. Still, he did. But let's say Hulk can manage to do this... Wolverine is gonna be outta commission for a while and that's when Hulk throws him into the middle of the Pacific and that's when that Adamantium skeleton is a curse. Straight to the bottom of the sea. Even if he does regenerate he'll be too weak to swim and he'll drown.

yeah, that's a (sad) fine example of them playing around with his healing factor: its supposed to be good, but way better without the metal (old :wolvy: books showed me the difference: having to stop & heal when being machine gunned vs keep running at the gunner, for example), but that's some deadpool shit. god, what an awful arc that was, i hate when ass writers do stuff we have to try to forget quickly, like that fighting the angel of death shit...panch, that moment has to be the equivalent of your "Trouble".

yeah, that's a (sad) fine example of them playing around with his healing factor: its supposed to be good, but way better without the metal (old :wolvy: books showed me the difference: having to stop & heal when being machine gunned vs keep running at the gunner, for example), but that's some deadpool shit. god, what an awful arc that was, i hate when ass writers do stuff we have to try to forget quickly, like that fighting the angel of death shit...panch, that moment has to be the equivalent of your "Trouble".

What's Trouble?

What's Trouble?

Well, if you aren't here startin' no Trouble, then you must be here to do the Superbowl Shuffle.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6AAgZGaPs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6AAgZGaPs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6AAgZGaPs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HUMBERTORAMOS.jpg

Here's the one time I know it happened in the 616 Marvel Universe during Civil War when Logan went after Nitro. that's the cover, but that happens in the book as well. To me, it don't make sense. Obviously, he wasn't walkin' around like that, but come on. I don't care how good your healing factor is, you ain't comin' back from that. Still, he did. But let's say Hulk can manage to do this... Wolverine is gonna be outta commission for a while and that's when Hulk throws him into the middle of the Pacific and that's when that Adamantium skeleton is a curse. Straight to the bottom of the sea. Even if he does regenerate he'll be too weak to swim and he'll drown.

That was also the same series where he popped his claws through Tony Stark's expensive underwater diving suit on the ocean floor and inexplicably wasn't displaced into a mass of meat about the size of an alluminum can. I think it's safe to say that story is off limits when plumbing this for fanboy logic.

(P.S. Why is my spell check British? It pisses me off enough that it keeps wanting me to add u's onto everything, now it wants me to add another syllable to alluminum? Fuck that shit.)

Also: on the drowning note, I've yet to see that avenue work either. I think if the situation were to ever come up, his heart would just keep restarting until his lungs started to process the oxygen in the water out of muscle memory. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much but it's no implausible given how implausible his power is.

Also: on the drowning note, I've yet to see that avenue work either. I think if the situation were to ever come up, his heart would just keep restarting until his lungs started to process the oxygen in the water out of muscle memory. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much but it's no implausible given how implausible his power is.

wCover03.jpg

Wolverine was almost drowned by Tiger Shark. Tiger Shark.

wCover03.jpg

Wolverine was almost drowned by Tiger Shark. Tiger Shark.

There's been a whole lot of "almosts" going on with Wolverine, but you recall that none of them ever work. Wolverine died once in 616 and I still don't understand how the fuck that worked.

Archived