Hondo's Bar

wolvie vs hulk

Lorelei

The Victor?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course this was (like everything else) an 'almost'. There wouldn't be any comics if that wasn't true, but we're talkin' who would win in a fight between Hulk and Wolverine. Since we've all come to the conclusion that one of them would have to die to truly declare a winner, I'm saying that it would be easier for Hulk to drown Wolverine than Wolverine to, I don't know, cut Hulk into pieces or stab him in the heart or whatever.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolverine died once in 616 and I still don't understand how the fuck that worked.

*snicker* it's not that complicated; Weapon X (who keeps getting funding!) somehow got up & running and powered up Sabretooth & co, who looked like they killed Nightcrawler by clawing him into a pond. Weapon X then attached Leech to a satellite, which pinpointed Logan's movements and zapped him, thereby taking his healing factor away for a day, just in time for Creed to land the killing blow on his foot, before AW MAN FUCK YOU FRANK TIERI YOU OWE ME A FEW WEEKS OF MY LIFE I COULD'VE SPENT MASTURBATING, AT LEAST THEN I'D HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW FOR IT

You know, there's another side of this that hasn't been brought up. It appears every so often: Ennis brought it up at the tail end of Marvel Knights Punisher and Millar cosigned it in Old Man Logan and it presents a perfectly reasonable way of killing the Hulk. From the inside. Frank's weapon of choice was plastic explosives, which admittedly only caused him to pass out and turn back into Banner, Old Man Logan had him cut his way out. Now obviously Frank's method is the more reasonable as it wouldn't involve Logan having to get eaten (given that 616 Hulk doesn't enjoy cannibalism and casual dismemberment as much as his Ultimate counterpart, I think it would be downright difficult to get Hulk to eat him) but he could employ Frank's method and then kill Banner while he's still out.

All I'm saying is that of these two, Hulk has a much larger chance of being killed as he's a puny human the rest of the time that is 100% vulnerable and it's been shown that anaesthetics are fucking awesome at preventing Hulk-outs. There's also Tony Stark's magic "De-Superize" goo (I think he calls it SPIN Tech?) or just simply getting him while he's out and or disoriented. Because lets be honest, a Hulk vs. Wolverine fight will go on as long as pi, it pretty much comes down to Logan getting Hulk to change back to Banner to deliver the killing blow, or finding a way to wreck shit up from the inside.

That 'drowning' cover is stupid. Look at the angle of the claws. If he popped them right there they would slam into Tigershark's face.

If Hulk tried to eat Wolverine, it wouldn't work. How can you chew through indestructible metal?

The skeleton Wolverine doesn't even need a heart to survive, and has metal teeth.

Few facts to consider.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a few more votes have swayed over to Wolvie's side... Didn't Cyclops burn off all of Wolverine's flesh once and really hand his arse to him?

Didn't mutants start getting a second "ability"? Some of the less-powerful ones were beefed up and that.

What's Trouble?

I think Nick was refering to THIS:

Marvel_Trouble_1.jpg

The skeleton Wolverine doesn't even need a heart to survive, and has metal teeth.

Holy CRAP! I can't believe I never thought about this, but if Wolverine's skeleton was covered in adamantium, he should absolutely have an adamantium grill!

wolverine_grill.jpg

These artists need to decide whether or not Wolverine has metal teeth. People like actually trying to think scientifically about subjects like Wolverine vs. Whoever, and shit like that doesn't help at all. :bored:

Dude, why don't we do this: Why don't YOU decide if Wolverine should have adamantium teeth or not! Seriously?! That would look ridiculous (like the previous photos suggest). Let's just say that since his healing factor is so awesome that he grows out teeth anytime they fall out... like a shark. Like a fucking land shark. His new name should Great Whiterine.

Let's just say that since his healing factor is so awesome that he grows out teeth anytime they fall out... like a shark. Like a fucking land shark. His new name should Great Whiterine.

That's exactly what happens. His teeth and hair were removed before the adamantium bonding process.

Hmmm. I actually think Cyclops would stand an alright chance against Hulk. All he has to do is look at him and the Hulk would obliterate I guess? Again there are no facts to back this up. I'm not sure how powerful his blast is.

I think we need to discuss the limits of healing factors. There's too much emphases on them. Cyclops could destroy the moon if he stared at it for a few seconds.

Actually, I've been drinking and I kinda want to talk about Cyclops now.

Ok, the scenario:

70's hulk. Classic, dumb "leave hulk alone, BAH" hulk. Everyone knows that Hulk. He's backed into a corner, he's going to fight until he can't.

Cyclops is kinda tricky. He's potentially one of the most powerful mutants on the planet, and he can be written out of any situation with some mighty, mountain disintegrating super blast that he didn't know existed. None of that.

He starts the fight in peak condition, fully "charged".

So everyone is up to speed, Cyclops blasts are concussive damage, not energy damage. Don't even start on the science, that's just how it is. Cyclops is also highly trained in combat/strategy and has an innate spatial awareness.

I don't think he's going to be able to concentrate a beam powerful enough to break Hulk's skin, but he can knock the shit out of him.

If you think of optic blasts like a punch, I'm not really sure who's stronger. Wiki says Cyke can output almost 2 gigawatts. All that means to me is that he should be able to travel through time at will,as long there's a flux capacitor handy.

Cyke might be able to knock Hulk out early on, and that might be exactly what he would try to do. The thing is, as the fight goes on Cyke starts use up the energy he needs to release the blasts, while Hulk just gets more determined.

This is all assuming Cyke can keep from getting touched.

:lush: to indulge this madness - logan's right, recall that cyk blasted fucking Apocalypse into oblivion in the day in X-Factor. those beams are way more powerful/focused than given credit for; Cable/X-Man get half their power from that shit.

Does Cyke still have to use that visor bullshit and sunglasses to control his blast? If sunglasses can control it can't be very powerful can it?

Wolverine or Hulk in theory wouldn't be able to get near him. He'd blast them away and then have no way of tracking him down again.

Does Cyke still have to use that visor bullshit and sunglasses to control his blast? If sunglasses can control it can't be very powerful can it?

Wolverine or Hulk in theory wouldn't be able to get near him. He'd blast them away and then have no way of tracking him down again.

Yes. He has MAGICAL sunglasses. Dr. Strange gave 'em to him as a birthday present when he first joined the X-Men. That's his uncle, you know. As for Hulk. Of course he can't get near him because of his WEAKNESS TO RED THINGS.

I always thought it was an awfully fishy coincidence that Corsair and Stephen Strange both rock that John Waters mustache.

Lor: yes, by and large he still has to use some kind of eyewear, because the dimensional apertures that his optic blasts come out of are always open, at least a little bit. There's some complicated reason behind why ruby quartz nullifies the beams, I personally think (and it has been suggested) that it's completely psychosomatic.

My conspiracy theory is that Xavier psychically implanted the belief in a young Cyclops that the glasses would stop his blasts, and he was just as surprised as Scott was when it actually worked (has this idea been explored somewhere?).

And for the record, Wolverine has plenty of ways of tracking people down. It's roughly half of what he does.

Hulk can leap into the upper atmosphere and across continents, I don't think he would have much of a problem getting back to a fight either.

this whole conversation has gone ridiculously awesome and confusing at the same time. confusing for me cause Im just finding shit out about a certain comic character I've always had a distaste for and am coming around to thinking differently (cyclops). I'm just gonna throw Superman's name in here and see where it goes.

What kind of mutation is that if his blasts are always active? It's as if his mutation is striving for him to be a total loner? Surely there would of been issues when his power was first activated. Forgot what age Xavier found him, but surely he would of blasted his eyelids off by then? How would he of slept with his eyes open constantly? Also, if he glances down -- he's blown his leg off. What about when he would try to take a slash? If he wants to aim he's blasted his cock off.

Interesting theory of Xavier psychosomatically helping him, but all of the aforementioned was before he did. Also Ruby quartz sunglasses/visors must have taken 1) lots of money and 2) who would of made them. This increases his potential cock-blasting time. Perhaps writers have also thought of this.

Wolverine tracking: every time he gets near Cyke will just blast him. I'm assuming this would be out of earth's atmosphere, the same with Hulk. Since Hulk is not a tracker, he'd have no way of getting back and finding Cyke. We're talking millions of miles here. How would they survive without oxygen in that atmosphere? Their healing factor may keep them alive but they'd be zombies floating in space, no way of coming back to earth.

Superman is a faggot that we can't even apply pseudo-physics to. Not even drunk.

Archived