Hondo's Bar

wolvie vs hulk

Lorelei

The Victor?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hulk #340...... one of my favorite comics of all time.... please crack tihs open and induldge.. I own a mint condition copy of this. I refuse to vote cuz since this is the most glorifyingly epic fights in comic book history that has constantly gone without a winner its almost like spitting on an excuse for jim lee to ink for us. DAMNIT i luv this match up... its always more disgusting every time!!!! @_@

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A comic store w/back issues is my best bet, otehrwise the comfort of your living space if you have the inclination to torrent it. I know I picked up a Deadpool Packa while ago that had everyhthing, abnd trust me, it's all worth reading(though I skipped over the old Liefeld X force stuff).

The gist of that issue is that Deadpool needs a sample of Hulk's blood because his healing factor is on the fritz. Hulk is weakened due to some bullshit that was going on with him at the time, so really neither participant in the fight is up to snuff. Deadpool gets knocked around a bunch then impales Hulk on a pipe, then Hulk gets all weepy and runs of while Deadpool takes his sample home. It's very anticlimactic.

I still can't find anything on the Marvel webiste with regards to it, which tells me that it's yet another thing my country of origin is disallowed. Would they have old stuff like that on there anyways?

They have mostly old shit like that, and really old shit.

Here's what I get when I type in 'Deadpool'.

Agent X #15

Amazing Spider-Man #575

Cable & Deadpool 1-50

Deadpool (1993) 1-4

Deadpool (1994) 1-4

Deadpool (Joe Kelly, the one your're talking about) 1-3, 9, 57-69

Deadpool (2008) 1-13

Deadpool Saga

Deadpool/ Gli summerfun spectacular

Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth #1

Deadpool: Suicide Kings 1-3

Hammerhead: Death Of A Wise Guy #1

Identity Disc 1-2

Iron Man #7

Marvel Comics Presents #10

Ms. Marvel #40

Ultimate Spider-Man 91-94

Weapon X: First Class #2

Wolverine #166

Wolverine Origins #21-25

X-Calibre #3

X-Treme X-Men #13

You'll notice that there's an inexplicable gap in the Joe Kelly run. So, actually, I retract my statement. Marvel Digital is not somewhere you can read it.

Also, the search feature is shit. Who knows what it left out. The service could be real cool in the future, right now it has some serious annoying bugs to work out.

The banter with the Dr(one of the Weapon X scientists responsible for his condition) is brilliant though, what with this being back when he was trying to bang Syren & all.

They have mostly old shit like that, and really old shit.

Here's what I get when I type in 'Deadpool'.

Agent X #15

Amazing Spider-Man #575

Cable & Deadpool 1-50

Deadpool (1993) 1-4

Deadpool (1994) 1-4

Deadpool (Joe Kelly, the one your're talking about) 1-3, 9, 57-69

Deadpool (2008) 1-13

Deadpool Saga

Deadpool/ Gli summerfun spectacular

Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth #1

Deadpool: Suicide Kings 1-3

Hammerhead: Death Of A Wise Guy #1

Identity Disc 1-2

Iron Man #7

Marvel Comics Presents #10

Ms. Marvel #40

Ultimate Spider-Man 91-94

Weapon X: First Class #2

Wolverine #166

Wolverine Origins #21-25

X-Calibre #3

X-Treme X-Men #13

You'll notice that there's an inexplicable gap in the Joe Kelly run. So, actually, I retract my statement. Marvel Digital is not somewhere you can read it.

Also, the search feature is shit. Who knows what it left out. The service could be real cool in the future, right now it has some serious annoying bugs to work out.

Absolute bummer #11 V1 isn't there. You read that?

I stopped reading back in '05 or so.

V3 of Wolverine -- the writer really didn't like the character. Had him down as some kinda moron. Goons with machine guns were always taking him out. Same goes with Whedon's run on Astonishing back then as well, had Wolverine down as a hot-headed idiot who always gets his arse kicked rather than the samurai/ninja professional he was back in the 90s. Don't know who's writing X-Men/Wolverine thesedays and how they portray Logan. Don't know what he was like in Grant Morrison's New X-Men but I missed out on a lot of that due buying the tedious Chuck Austen Uncanny stuff. Heard they tried recycling the Xorn character from New X-Men and everything.

Haven't read much Hulk stuff, have few of the Bruce Jones hardbacks which were ok. Think the guy was Loeb who used to write Hulk:Grey, and Daredevil: Yellow or whatever. Not sure what they were about. Think that's the guy who wrote Batman:Hush as well?, which I really enjoyed at the time.

I read a little of the Marvel Knights stuff, think DD was the main title, and I didn't like that. Spidey got his own book in that and got his arse kicked for the first 5 issues by old foes as well.

Writers are Wolverine's biggest weakness, that's for sure.

Have you capitalised finally because you're emphasising that you've always wanted to agree with me?

Just take little steps. Everyone converts eventually.

Considering I think you're a troll I don't think that's gonna happen.

You're a fuckin' character either way you cut it.

I think I'm actually leaning towards believing that you are a human being, or maybe someone has gone very far to make a convincing alternate persona. This isn't Juggalo Hulk we're dealing with here.

I don't see how a superhero vs superhero thread connotes to troll-like behaviour in a comic book board?

Really? You can't see it at all?

If you walked into an auto garage and started talking to the mechanics about engines, but your base of knowledge consisted of stuff you heard from a mechanic friend of yours, a cartoon about oil viscosity and a pamphlet you read on fuel filters, they would also think that you're fucking with them.

C'mon man. Titantium?

Not to discourage you, I welcome any sort of comic discussion at any level, but you can't be surprised when guys like Panch, who has breathed this stuff for a a good chunk of his life (I'm assuming), has a hard time taking you seriously.

You're a fuckin' character either way you cut it.

I think I'm actually leaning towards believing that you are a human being, or maybe someone has gone very far to make a convincing alternate persona. This isn't Juggalo Hulk we're dealing with here.

Really? You can't see it at all?

If you walked into an auto garage and started talking to the mechanics about engines, but your base of knowledge consisted of stuff you heard from a mechanic friend of yours, a cartoon about oil viscosity and a pamphlet you read on fuel filters, they would also think that you're fucking with them.

C'mon man. Titantium?

Not to discourage you, I welcome any sort of comic discussion at any level, but you can't be surprised when guys like Panch, who has breathed this stuff for a a good chunk of his life (I'm assuming), has a hard time taking you seriously.

*Clap... Clap... Clap* Bravo, good sir. Bravo. :FHD:

Archived