Hondo's Bar

Boardwalk Empire

From wiki

Boardwalk Empire is an upcoming American television series from premium cable network HBO, set in Atlantic City, New Jersey during the Prohibition era. Starring Steve Buscemi, the show is adapted from Nelson Johnson's book, Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City by Emmy award-winning screenwriter and producer Terence Winter of The Sopranos.[1]

The pilot episode was directed by Martin Scorsese and he is expected to continue to be creatively involved in the ongoing production. On September 1, 2009, HBO picked up the series for an additional 11 episodes.[2] The series is scheduled to debut on September 19, 2010.[3]

Cast and characters

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KfUNiFlo4c?fs=1&hl=en_GB"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KfUNiFlo4c?fs=1&hl=en_GB"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KfUNiFlo4c?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></object>

Oh holy sweet mother of Jesus:

HBO,

Scorsese directing and involved creatively,

Mafia,

Soprano's writer/producer,

Steve Buscemi,

Michael Kenneth Williams,

Ooooooh, oh my God! Double orgasm across the sky, oh my Go...ooooooooh, it might even be a triple orgasm. Oh my God, oh my God!

:wank::wank:

I did a search before I started this thread and found nothing. I was astounded that'd nobody had heard of it until now (I'm excused as we can't get HBO)

Yeah, there's no thread for it exclusively, but we were talking about it somewhere in this forum. Maybe in the "must see" gangster flix thread or something...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, so let's get into this discussion already JZA. I think according to fb we're the only two Hondonians currently caught up w/ the series (S1E9).

A few tidbits about the series thus far:

* Nucky is the new Tony. I seriously want one of his 20s style suits for Christmas. That dude is pimp.

* Gretchen Mol is easily the hottest MILF on TV now--and possibly of all time.

* The sub-plot w/ Jimmy's wife is the tits. (Pun intended.) That scene where her dreams all came crashing down once the menage was out of the question was gut-wrenching.

* I love the political aspect of the show. The episode where Nucky fucks over the senator that fucked over him and puts Harding in the nomination was bee-you-tee-full.

* The corruption of widow Schroeder is a bit ham-handed at times yet still fascinating to watch.

On the most recent episode, Belle Fatale:

* I so thought Jimmy's new half-faced WWI assassin buddy was going to shoot that rat on the beach!

* I thought the way they handled Jimmy getting the drop on Lucky Luciano yet still maintaining some historical accuracy as to how he lived was masterful.

* That final shot of Margret's new dress stained w/ blood was perhaps a bit heavy handed, but it was still a damned powerful visual metaphor for the entire season thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

I am enjoying this series A WHOLE LOT. I think Margret Shroeder's character is one of my favorites thus far... can't wait to see what happens...

only read if you are all caught up with the show,

especially now that Margret decided to leave Nucky. I bet that since she has enough dirt on Nucky, she could possibly black mail him to gain some sort of power for others she deems fit or herself... that would be cool.

I've had a suspicion from a few episodes back that Nucky is fact Jimmy's father. And this past episode, I'm putting money that he is. I think Jimmy's mom tried to kill the Commodore, possibly at the behest of Nucky? hmmm maybe to far-fetched...

AND holy shit, the Federal Agent, what's his name, crazy christian guy, KILLED his partner! Dude is not alright. I'm glad his instability was witnessed by so many others.

any other thoughts?

I am enjoying this series A WHOLE LOT. I think Margret Shroeder's character is one of my favorites thus far... can't wait to see what happens...

only read if you are all caught up with the show,

especially now that Margret decided to leave Nucky. I bet that since she has enough dirt on Nucky, she could possibly black mail him to gain some sort of power for others she deems fit or herself... that would be cool.

I've had a suspicion from a few episodes back that Nucky is fact Jimmy's father. And this past episode, I'm putting money that he is. I think Jimmy's mom tried to kill the Commodore, possibly at the behest of Nucky? hmmm maybe to far-fetched...

AND holy shit, the Federal Agent, what's his name, crazy christian guy, KILLED his partner! Dude is not alright. I'm glad his instability was witnessed by so many others.

any other thoughts?

Thank GOD,Sen is here to save the conversation! WTF is JZA? Grr.

Anyway these past few episodes have been amazing!

* The Jimmy sub-plot is really thickening. His mom was poisoning the Commodore--who is Jimmy's illegitimate father. And I thought it was Nucky this whole time! TWIST! I wonder how/if the Commodore will seek vengeance?

* I wonder what Jimmy's wife is gonna do now that her lez luv has skipped town?

* Agent Van Alden is the walking definition of religious nutcase! I thought that whole :accidentally" coming upon a Baptisim in the woods thing was a bit heavy handed, but it did show just how far his fervor goes.

* MOAR Richard Harrow!!!

* Margaret Schroeder is NO Carmela Soprano! I can't wait to see how the relationship between her and Nucky works out.

Haku- you put me off with all your fancy fucking metaphor talk. It's like we're watching two different shows.

Agreed that we need more Richard Harrow. The beginning of last ep(10) was a rotten fucking trick for him, but a helluva payoff for us.

Margaret Shroeder is another great character, and I've had a crush on Kelly Macdonald since Trainspotting so uh, :wank:. I'm interested to see where she crops up next.

JZA, are you talking about that dream sequence where Harrow wakes up to the screaming girl? That was a powerful scene. I think Nucky and Margaret's initial reactions really clinched a sympathetic view for viewers for this disfigured murderer.

I'm also calling dibbs now on Richard Harrow mask for Halloween 2011!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 1 year later...

Well, S2 has come and gone w/out a post from Hondo's. I haven't heard any news on a S3, and I wonder if the show's creators intended this S2 finale as a possible series finale? They toned down Van Alden's presence and certainly wrapped things up for him in a way w/ S2E12. And Nucky's troubles were nothing compared to Jimmy's. This was definitely his season.

I really hated to see him go. But I suppose the poor bastard didn't have much to live for outside of his son. That flashback episode w/ his mom was brutally powerful.

I definitely think this season outdid S1. I'm about over Margaret and her eternally sullen mug though. Always furrowed w/ the brow, that one. Like I said, the slate was wiped fairly clean at the end of this season, so I'm not sure if a S3 is in the works. But I surely hope it is.

• 3 months later...