Hondo's Bar

Black Swan

Panch

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Great flick. I highly recommend it to folks that are into thrillers!

Ah, thank you Panch for starting this thread. The movie intrigues me and the indy theater in town is playing it. But here's the thing: I am a total chicken shit when it comes to psychological/suspense/scary movies. Should I suck it up and see it anyway? I'm one of those types that sees a movie then subsequently dreams about it for days.

I've only heard stellar reviews of it and even heard that it might be Oscar worthy...what say you?

Ok... for those of you that think this movie is all about dancing ... then you're right, but Jesus Christ, go see it anyways. So fucking good! As for the suspense/thriller aspect then it might be too much. But again... see. It. Anyway. It's worth it.

And for those of you still on the fence, click the spoiler tag...

This movie has the single hottest girl-on-girl scene in any movie, EVER!

Ok... for those of you that think this movie is all about dancing ... then you're right, but Jesus Christ, go see it anyways. So fucking good! As for the suspense/thriller aspect then it might be too much. But again... see. It. Anyway. It's worth it.

And for those of you still on the fence, click the spoiler tag...

This movie has the single hottest girl-on-girl scene in any movie, EVER!

I pretty much agree w/ all of this (especially the spoiler tag info) except for the thriller bit. I hope this film is well researched and fairly accurate in the portrayal of a ballet company b/c pretty much everything I now know about ballet is from this film. The characters are mostly one dimensional and I saw the ending coming a mile away, but it was still fairly entertaining.

It was pretty good, one of those, "I'm glad i saw it, but I'll never watch it again" movies. Both of the main actresses were great, but it almost had a Girl Interrupted feeling to it, minus Whoopie Goldberg but add girl on girl sex. So yeah, good, but not great, could wait for DVD. Or just watch one of the many copies floating around on the internet.

kinda wanna move space cowboy's post from "last movie you saw" into here.

Ask and you shall recieve.

black-swan-poster.jpg

Saw Black Swan last night. Incredible, and also fucking TERRIFYING! I am convinced Aronofsky is some kind of psychic vampire who has devised a way to suck people life force via celluloid. Black Swan, like all of his movies, left me emotionally exhausted. I had high expectations going in and I can say they were surpassed by wide margins. Wolverine is going to be fucking incredible!!

wait, i'm really confused. this movie doesn't have zombies or spiderman so why is panch reviewing it?

I think we are all selling panch short. I mean, beneath the zombie fetishism, and spidey fanaticism there could very well beat the heart of a ballet dancer.

Pics coming...

Oh no. And I thought this news was bad. . .

Natalie Portman to wed `Black Swan' choreographer (AP)

Natalie Portman is pregnant with her first child and is engaged to Benjamin Millepied, the choreographer of "Black Swan."

A publicist for Portman confirmed Monday that the couple are engaged and expecting, but declined to give any further details. People magazine first reported the news.

The 29-year-old actress and Millepied, a well-regarded ballet dancer and choreographer, met during the making of "Black Swan," Darren Aronofsky's psychological thriller that stars Portman as a ballet dancer. She's been nominated for best actress by the Golden Globes and the Screen Actors Guild.

Millepied played a small on-screen role in the film as a dancer.

Archived