Hondo's Bar

E3 2011

gunsmithx

wii 2 news from nikkei

Wii 2 will feature a new type of controller that includes a touch screen. The controller will give tablet-like controls to games and can also be used itself as a portable game machine.

The touch panel on the controller is six inches. The controller itself has a built in battery and includes a camera. The camera can be used for a variety of play opportunities -- for instance, a player making an avatar of himself for use in a game.

Nikkei says that Wii 2 will be released in the latter half of 2012.

wtf I don't even now but thats gonna cost alot if you need an extra controller.

RUMOR TIIIIME

fy2gp.jpg

The System:

- Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core

- The development kit contains 1gb RAM, but Nintendo have hinted that the console will actually have 1.5gb

- Nintendo will be releasing games that will run 1080p natively. Sources say that with Nintendo’s art style and the poewer the system, the games look ‘stunning’.

- The system does run on AMD R700 card, but the architecture is slightly different and the clock speeds are much higher.

- The System resembles JPN/EU SNES machines in color only and not in shape

- The development kit is about the size of a 360, not the console

- Close sources say it’s as if Nintendo is in “damage control” with 3rd party developers. Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.

- Nintendo went to many 3rd party developers on guidance on what they were after with the new console in terms of system specs, controller and online system.

The Controller:

- Nintendo have been keeping this really quiet and have only given developers controller prototypes to start designing games. However, the final controller build with all the features have only been given to Nintendo 1st and 2nd party developers for now.

- Nintendo had planned on inserting a screen on the controller back when the Gamecube was in development, but opted out due to technology not being advanced enough to be functional

- The controller that’s been given to developers has a large 5.7inch hd (960x640pixel) screen, 2 analogue sticks, 4 face buttons, 3 middle buttons (select/home/start in that order), 2 shoulder buttons and 2 triggers.

- The triggers aren’t as deep as the 360’s triggers, but have plenty of push

- The big thing about the screen is that it’s a multi-touch screen, contains it’s own battery and is detachable from the controller unit

- The screen when detached contains its own memory so developers can store data on it, so gamers can play whatever the developer designs for the screen-only use

- When the screen is attached to the controller it works by streaming content directly from the console

- Nintendo are giving developers ideas other than just having it function as a quick menu screen for games while attached, or as a simple tamagochi-like mini-game when detached

- The controller contains a gyroscope, but motion controls isn’t the focus of the controller like it was for the Wii

Games:

- Nintendo will release a Mario platformer as a launch title which hasn’t been done since the N64.

- The Mario platformer looks to be the spiritual successor to Mario 64.

- Gamefreak and EAD are hard at work developing a Pokemon online RPG.

- The Pokemon RPG is not an MMO, but does have a large online emphasis and will be Nintendo’s flagship title when showing off the online capabilities of the console.

- There will be at least one new IP Nintendo will reveal at E3.

- Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didn’t reveal anything to developers.

Other:

- Some developers have had the Wii 2 dev kit for going on 2 years now. When the Wii 2 is released in late, that’s 3 years to develop games on.

- Because of such generous development time, Nintendo have pushed 3rd parties to develop high quality games to be released at or near launch.

- Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.

- Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games

- Friend codes are confirmed to be gone

- Nintendo has been toying with the idea of a game where the main character is your Mii

- Nintendo will be pushing their Pokemon RPG to showcase their online network

- Rockstar are supposedly hard at work in bringing on of their “most popular” titles to the console.

The5thNintendoElement.gif

OMG these rumors are killing meeeeee

ps for gunsmith:

KenAndKevinsExcellentAdventure.gif

also, square's plan unearthed:

seinfeelde3l70p.gif

- The big thing about the screen is that it’s a multi-touch screen, contains it’s own battery and is detachable from the controller unit

- The screen when detached contains its own memory so developers can store data on it, so gamers can play whatever the developer designs for the screen-only use

- When the screen is attached to the controller it works by streaming content directly from the console

- Nintendo are giving developers ideas other than just having it function as a quick menu screen for games while attached, or as a simple tamagochi-like mini-game when detached

vmu.jpg

You know I won't let this shit die.

Fuck you Nintendo.

its a valid campaign. XBL is a hong kong version of Sega.net, and this is a wannabe VMU.

Motherfucker you MADE your rumor post. This here is the facts post.

but if i wish hard enough, they'll become TRUTHS

Sony's Press conference starting sooooooooon!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="720" height="404" id="player"><param name="movie" value="http://static.nowlive.com/com/swf/player.swf?i=67&t=ev&a=0&n=embed&j=0"'>http://static.nowlive.com/com/swf/player.swf?i=67&t=ev&a=0&n=embed&j=0" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed name="player" width="720" height="404" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://static.nowlive.com/com/swf/player.swf?i=67&t=ev&a=0&n=embed&j=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

we're gonna get a 3rd "official" E3 '11 thread aren't we?

oh, christ logans...id hate to know how much loss they're eating at that pricepoint.

im not against the 3DS one bit, but it needs more games/price cut to be on my radar...i gotta go play one at best buy this week and see if i can even pick up much of the 3D effect.

Sorry to turn this into a 3DS thread, since we already have one.

Weakest launch line up of anything in recent memory. I was sorely disappointed. But, unlike reviewers, I like the Dynasty Warriors games, so I was happy with that one on the first day.

On the games that are built for it from the ground up, the 3D effect is dramatic. It works brilliantly.

Here's the thing with me though, after the initial shock and awe, I find myself completely taking the 3D for granted after a few hours. Most of the time I end up just turning it off to preserve battery life.

me too, and yeah the FPS ideas should flow. you kidna get that they're starting out with the basics in mind, they should 4 wiimotes with a game of hide-and-seek or something and the guy with the tablet seeing them all from a bird's-eye view.

watching the first (of 2 this week) nintendo presser right now, then im gonna go see david jaffe (twisted metal) on giantbomb.

some more stuff: nintendo's already looking into games that use 2 tablets, and to the surprise of no one given the really good pricing, sony's confirmed to be selling the Vita at a loss (profitable in 3 years - those are some really patient shareholders).

Some news for Dust 514 if anyone cares.

Aside form what might be a vita version it'll be a free download and f2p, it's going to work off microtransactions... hmm.... I"m really curious about this title now.

Awesome pcgamer article

ok now I want to play this

true...god, id love to see android take off for consoles/handhelds.

logans:

5803366024_90f35894f7_b.jpg

5802809583_6cf2564d41_b.jpg

5802809701_640b3c572f_b.jpg

Launching in early October, the Wireless Speed Wheel is completely wireless and controlled intuitively with precise steering, standard controller buttons/triggers, and haptic feedback with rumble. The device is compatible with all racing games right out of the box*. The Wireless Speed Wheel will be available for $59.99 (U.S. ERP) and will ship to retailers worldwide beginning September 26, 2011. This device combines a fun and immersive driving experience with the biggest racing game of the year, the best rated “Forza Motorsport.”

With trigger buttons for gas and brake, combined with a rumble feedback, the Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel provides intuitive standard controller buttons that immerse the driver into the game, whether you like to white knuckle it down the race track with your hands at “10 and 2” or “9 and 3.”

The new Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel balances the realism of a wheel with the feel of a controller for greater user edge in game play. It includes buttons for game specific functions including triggers, ABXY and D-pad along with green bands of lights on each handle to provide visual cues when necessary.

For more information on the Wireless Speed Wheel, visit www.xbox.com.

*Limited functionality in some games. See www.xbox.com/wsw for details.

Having still not gotten a decent explanation about why game prices are as imbalanced as they are, I'm 100% certain they charge us more so they can charge you less. My purchase of a Vita is the equivalent of you purchasing 2.

It's b/c you're on a godforsaken island half a world away from any other civilized nation. It costs more to ship stuff there. 'Nuff said. Quit yer whining and move already. :2T:

Is it just me or has console gaming tech regressed a year vs advance... Even Gears of War.. I understand they haven't released hardware that will push the current Unreal Engine to its max but... the same hardware is running everything for like the 4th straight year...

WiiU is friggin awesome but I still wouldnt buy it.

iceman - real talk, we're mostly running tech that, by pc standards, was showing its age 5-6 years ago. gun & bish likely know more/adore tech talk so ill abide any corrections to this they post.

the #'s do not cross over (by nature), but if you want a starting point? your average gaming rig right now rocks quad core, 5770+ GPU, and 4 GB of RAM (can be done for @ 500-600 if you know your shit).

your average console rocks either a 360 chip or a diesel but ill-fitted cell with 512 MB of RAM and a xeno GPU that again was long in the tooth back in '06. i still say if sony wouldve gone 1GB of RAM + even decent for the time GPU (graphics card), MS wouldve been on life support, but they didnt (and couldn't, for cost reasons) so here we are. move & kinect should tel you, a) both companies lost billions* this gen, and b) aint nobody in a hurry to advance.

*sony did, i wanna say MS did on initial xbox 1 losses + recall but they're at least in the black from bullshit like XBL gold, sony went from domination to working to # 2 spot/eating less of a loss. WTF. always bet on nintendo, even when they do dumb shit. and they excel at dumb shit.

*sigh* more tidbits...reality's not as sexy as pre-E3 hype.

Q: Will players use two touchscreen controllers or will they use just one new controller and the original Wii controls with the new console?

Our basic premise is that you can use one with a system. If we got to an idea of having multiple (controllers) it might be just more convenient for people to use their Nintendo 3DS and have a way to connect that.

That being said, we are doing research about if someone brings their controller to their friends house and they want to play together on Wii U to whether or not something like that would be possible.

this is foolishness. i got $20 says nintendo has 2-player (or beyond) Wu-pad play on 1 system inside of 6 from launch. come take my $!

Q: Will its internet connectivity be different to that on the last Wii?

We are designing it so you can connect it to the internet and it will have a lot more possibilities — it will be a lot more fun.

People do a lot of their web browsing individually, or they may look at their photos individually, but there are times when you'll be browsing and you want to show someone what you're looking at or you'll want to share your pictures with someone and I think this system will be handy for things like that and you'll be able to show people what you've been looking at and send that up to the TV screen. While they're looking at that you can continue searching and find the next thing you want to share with them.

auuuuuuuuuuuugh i wanna slap lesser men than miyamoto....no one wants to share @#$%in pictures! you've got a unified system on the 3DS (purchases, however, are only linked to your nintendo.com points....WTF?); thanks to MS, the bar's so low, we dont even need good matchmaking, just servicable online..say we can join each other in animal crossing online and you'll have me like you did with the GC! :lush: MOTHERFUCKER SAY IT ALREADY, NO ONE'S DOING SHIT RIGHT NOW YOU ZELDA-HOARDING MOTHERFUCKERS HNNNGGG ima go kill this $18 whiskey and pretend shit's as simple as it is on PC jesus christ how weird is it to say that, thanks for lowering my expectations so low this gen that any system that has 3 games i like and doesnt try to rape my mother = G.O.A.T. status, major console corporations %&* goddamn this is why gunsmith fucks with handhelds, fuck him for being ahead of the curve!!

...i love you, anomura-san, come back

Jay - People were saying that if you want a vita cheap and day one(looks like no region locking) order from amazon US they ship units to AUS, for games it's cheaper to get em from the UK or so I understand from gaf.

Nick... I agree this is just an early showing, they weren't ready for it and are so off message it's pretty fucking funny, they had a big chance to take the show and instead wasted it. That said it sounds like some kind of technical issues and from what gaf says they start making em in oct or nov which means the boards have to be final in the next few months, it's possible they may not have time to fix the problem.

Archived