Hondo's Bar

American Horror Story

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Stoopid fucking...

But yeah, On a weekly basis the order of our shows is based on the merit of last week's ep. Moreso for my Friday night lineup(Sunny/The League/30 Rock/PNR).

So you still liked the exorcism more?

Exorcism then I kinda dosed off for a bit (I saw the episodes but thought kinda meh) until...

REAL BLOODY FACE WAS REVEALED. Holy fuck. And yeah this last episode was great. Car scene, then she ends up back at Briarcliffe? Nicely done. I'm still liking the first season better though, but it's not over yet and I'm not giving up. I'm back awake now watching this.

One of my friends called what is now referred to in hushed tones in the House of Garret as 'The Violet moment' in season one(preempting the idea that Violet was dead), Megz and I were talking on the weekend about this season and i get the feeling she might've happened upon the biggest reveal for this season, so possible spoilers beware-

We were wondering how the hell Season 1's story links to this as you may recall the creators said each season would be part of the same tapestry and we thought- 'what if one of Briarcliffe's inmates will father Ben Harmon?' Or you know, one of Season 1's other pivotal characters.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You gotta watch three as IMO it's the best season yet. That being said I preferred Season one over two on the basis of two was far too busy for my liking.

Unsure if anyone is watching the show currently but season four, which had the potential to be the best season yet thanks to the winning setup of a travelling freakshow has been the lamest to date. This show went from Game of Thrones level fervour in the House of Garret to something below walking Dead even where we've just started playing catch up every few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Coven is indeed the best of the bunch... but I dunno. I just get this feeling that they get too afraid to make the show end in a bad way and hastily wrap them up in these tidy, semi happy endings. Asylum was especially sloppy in it's ending I thought, but as for Coven

I like seeing shitty characters get justice as much as the next person, but when Jessica Lange showed up in the last episode I was kind of hoping for the witch slaughter Cordelia saw in her vision. I keep expecting the seasons to end on such a down note, I mean we keep getting kicked throughout the whole thing, I kind of want them to follow through once

Anyway i didn't hate it, and it really earned some points during the zombie stuff. I think I'll take a long break and wait for Freakshow to show up on Netflix rather than download it and have it take up memory.

• 3 years later...

Hopefully. Even at this point, though having not seen AHS Cult, I can still say with confidence that Seasons 1 & 3 leave everything else in the dust. 

Roanoke gets a special mention for not predictably using rape as a shock trigger, and based on a mystery I'm rather fond of, but everything else has been pretty shit IMO.

So I actually back Roanoke for being what it was. It took the genre trend of the shaky camera horror and really got into the meta of it (and of reality tv). It was easy to dismiss the season for resorting to that type of filming if you didn't watch all of it and understand why he was calling out what he did in Hollywood by going that route.