Hondo's Bar

Star Trek into Darkness

The NZA

I really dug this movie. Benedict Cumberbatch stole the show. I got enough of the references to appreciate those also. Plus we finally get to see Robocop and Judge Dredd in the same movie.

Edited by axel_napalm

*Showcasing all the crew members. Again, good balance of giving the rest of the bridge crew their own moments, but there would've been more of those w/out the weird-ass random bridge crew members.

Showcasing all the crew members? All Sulu did in this movie was occasionally keep Kirk's seat warm.

Saw it last night. Not as good as the previous one, but certainly not a bad movie, certainly worthy of another film with the same crew, and certainly lots of fun.

Evidently the Khan spoiler had leaked before the movie came out, but I happened to avoid it, so I didn't know it going in, but I figured it out once Kirk kept punching him and he had no reaction. Cumberbatch was good, but he is no Ricardo Montalban.

I didn't neg it, but 3D is dumb. However, this movie was not.

I said in another post, I thought Marcus was an awful villian. He was just such a matter of fact jerk that the motivations they gave him didn't seem heartfelt. I found him irritating. Cumberbatch did not get a chance to shine as much as he could have. Ugh...not enough drama! But good action scenes. Nicely shot and the Kilngons looked awesome.

Do you think this opens up the possibility for a series? It seems almost to point that way.

Yeah, Admiral Robocop was a dick. Maybe if you're trying to convince someone that the person who told them you're evil is actually the bad guy, you shouldn't be so transparently villainous.

Has anyone else commented on the Klingon redesign? Amber said she didn't like that the one we saw had no hair and I could agree with that, but I think overall I like this new look better.

I liked it, but it felt... hollow. Almost like a long, action packed episode in the middle of some random season. Back story didn't seem important because those things are usually explained next episode. But this is a movie so it doesn't work. Still, I'll watch more if they make em.