Hondo's Bar

Star Trek into Darkness

The NZA

source

Sony moved Roland Emmerich’s Singularity from May 17th, 2013, to Nov 1, 2013. So now Paramount is grabbing that primo pre-Memorial Weekend date of May 17, 2013 for its much anticipated writer/director J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek sequel (which is really No. 12 among the Captain Kirk/Dr Spock star fleet movies). No title yet. But this one is being co-written by Abrams with Lost‘s Damon Lindelhof, plus Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci. But JJ is going to be making the movie in 3D. The first of Abram’s rebooted franchise opened May 8, 2009 for a $79M weekend and ultimate did $258M in North America and $130M international at the box office. The pic is being produced by all those writers and Bryan Burk, who is JJ’s Bad Robot production partner. It is anticipated that David Ellison’s Skydance will be co-financing the film with Paramount. All key cast members will be returning, like Chris Pine and Zach Quinto and Zoe Saldana. Paramount took a real risk rebooting what many thoiught was a tired franchise but now has another potent franchise.

Giacchino returns to score the flick

star_trek_benicio_khan.jpg

LENS FLARE SET TO MAXIMUM

OK4Mvmxxtnd7vieuBt0CgpTxo1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Star Trek movie series is dogshit. There were a couple modest successes (Wrath of Khan, a couple of the Next Gen movies) but for the most part they're like really bad episodes of the TV show that go on for a long time. The reboot was flawed but it's still a lot better than most (if not all of the movies.)

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go ahead and check the "Ignore" box next to Hakujin's name because he undoubtedly has something load, virulent, and grammatically atrocious to say in response. (But the man continues to defend Tim Burton's Batman movies, so I feel like I'm trying to explain morality to Charles Manson here)

• Downvote 1

You're right but the good ones almost make up for...the...bad ones... no, no they really don't. That kids is what someone having an awful epiphany mid-sentence looks like.

Still doesn't change the fact that I bristle noticeably when a girl with no prior interest in science fiction and/or Star Trek tells me she loved it because a) Chris Pine is soooo cute or b) the action was cool!

Man, I fucking hate humanity sometimes...

Oh, no, there are annoying douches on both ends of the spectrum as there is with any debate. I just get tired of the "real fans" telling me what a travesty it was despite how good it was.

"If I wanted to stare at a bunch of attractive people for a few hours, I would have gone to the mall! That's not what I go to Stat Trek movies for!" Edited by Reverend Jax

Oh, no, there are annoying douches on both ends of the spectrum as there is with any debate. I just get tired of the "real fans" telling me what a travesty it was despite how good it was.

I was one of those people for a while. "It was too entertaining" was one of my gems. Star Trek by its very nature is intellectual, boring and thought provoking. It's like the Phantom Menace Syndrome for Trekkies if the Phantom Menace had shit all over the spirit and canon but still been a very good movie in its own right. "You weren't there in the beginning, man!"

"If I wanted to stare at a bunch of attractive people for a few hours, I would have gone to the mall! That's not what I go to Stat Trek movies for!"

QED

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a persistent rumour that he's playing this guy, not Khan.

Great trailer though, can't wait

Yeah, I was saying this on another forum: dress him up however and call him whatever you want, but we all know it's gonna be reboot Khan.

And here's the Japanese version w/ a few extra bits of footage and dialogue:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
  • Downvote 1