Hondo's Bar

New Tokyo Jungle

The NZA

• 4 weeks later...
Tokyo Jungle is one of those Japanese games you hear about, blink in astonishment, then shake your head, thinking it'll never be released in other countries. Playing as animals from a Pomeranian dog to an elephant, you fight for survival in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo overrun with creatures including deer, lions, chicks, crocodiles and, er, dinosaurs. And it's coming westward, E3 has revealed.

Now, Sony hasn't said much about Tokyo Jungle's western release--it was bafflingly absent from last night's media showcase--but quietly released an English fact sheet to confirm it.

And, really, what does Sony need to tell us when this Japanese trailer says it all?

• 3 months later...
You may have caught wind of this one-of-a-kind title’s release in Japan or heard whispers of it this past E3, but we’re excited to finally announce that Tokyo Jungle will be coming to PS3 via PSN very shortly — on September 25th, to be exact!

Whether in Story or Survival Mode, you never know where your next meal will come from or the dangers you’ll face in this concrete jungle, so be prepared for anything and everything when Tokyo Jungle hits PlayStation Network on September 25th for $14.99.

Time to buy a psn card.

• 2 weeks later...

New record: 59 years. Shattering my previous best of 36. I was in some sort of weird zone.

With a SHEEP of all animals. Towards the end, flight just wasn't an option anymore. I took down two crocodiles and a hyena before I got sucker-bitten by a cheetah.

This game is the shit btw.

m6ui7.jpg

Have you been keeping up witht he Archives? I forgot that you get new ones for getting those packages that unlock the story. Shit gets dark.

Also, I dunno if this is really true since it has been so long since I played it, but this game also reminds me alot of Space Station Silicon Valley. Probably just for playing as different animals though.

Edited by axel_napalm