Hondo's Bar

Star Wars, Episode 7: The Force Awakens

Not even for a Star Wars trailer. LOL! God bless the internets.

Totally diggin' Leia's hair. I think that little alien-dude by R2 is the thing that hands Leia Luke's lightsaber in the 2nd trailer. They had the 2nd Force Awakens trailer in the Aladdin bluray. I freeze framed that shit - damn, it looked good. I mean, bluray quality - waaay better than youtube.

Here's another image:

tfa_poster_wide_header-1536x864-324397389357.jpg

Gots my presale tickets!

Someone flipped the script and started pre-selling tickets earlier than planned, unleashing the tauntauns a bit early, as it were. But my crew here got our tickets for 10PM on 12/17/15. The countdown begins!!!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

HanSoloChewbacca.jpg

I totally expect that - but, it'd be great if he survived this Trilogy. At this point, it'd be like killing Mickey Mouse - him and Chewie look so iconic. I think all 4 classic heroes are doing all 3 films. I'm sure the next Trilogy will be another 30 years later - so this Trilogy is gonna be the end of their run. Deep down inside, I think it'd be cool if they all made it to the end. (shrugs) But - a classic character's death would be epic as hell.

What I was looking forward to the most was catching a glimpse of Luke! There wasn't even any plot revealed - aside from Kylo Ren 'finishing what was started'. You know when the release day gets closer, there's gonna be a mass of pics and leaks...it's gonna be tough!

I can feel how calculated Disney is being w/ this movie - they haven't even put out an official plot synopsis, yet. I gotta feeling they got something up their sleeve. It's a 4 billion dollar movie - I'm sure the powers-that-be have TLC levels set at maximum.

Gots my presale tickets!

Someone flipped the script and started pre-selling tickets earlier than planned, unleashing the tauntauns a bit early, as it were. But my crew here got our tickets for 10PM on 12/17/15. The countdown begins!!!

BASTARD! LOL!

Maaaan, even if I had opening night tickets - there's no way I could handle being in a jam-packed theater w/ a mass of humans. Wish I could, though.

I saw every Prequel episode at midnight - opening night. Sadly, I've devolved a lot since then. Not to get emo, but it's hard for me to be around a lot of people. I saw Age of Ultron like weeks into it's run, just to avoid a crowd - I think the sold-out showing of Ant-Man I went to, may have affected my viewing experience. LOL!

I'm sure Star Wars is gonna be packed for weeks. I may have to go in there w/ blinders and some baoding balls.

giphy.gif

I thought A LOT more Hondonians would be in here posting about tickets for opening night. Phantom Menace I saw twice on opening night--and then twice after that. I'm anticipating seeing Episode VII at least four times. We're doing 2D on 12/17, but I definitely want to see it in IMAX 3D. JJ Abrams did an outstanding job shooting the USS Enterprise in that format, so I'm very eager to see how the Falcon, X-Wings, etc. all look in IMAX 3D.

BASTARD! LOL!

Maaaan, even if I had opening night tickets - there's no way I could handle being in a jam-packed theater w/ a mass of humans. Wish I could, though.

I saw every Prequel episode at midnight - opening night. Sadly, I've devolved a lot since then. Not to get emo, but it's hard for me to be around a lot of people...

I saw all the prequels and the re-mastered original trilogy on opening night, too! Seeing these big films with a theater filled with people you know love the characters as much as you is a big part of the fun of going out to the theater for me. I am really sorry to hear that about your situation, Nemo. The bright side is you've got two months to seek some sort of counseling to help you with situation before the film opens. Okay, I'm only half kidding here. biggrin.png But if there was ever something to motivate you to work on handling large crowds, opening night of Star Wars is it. May the force be with you.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
the force is strong with him...

Yeah, when I saw that first trailer - I was like, 'Okay - this is going to be an experience. This is going to be like a theme park ride.' Has to be seen in the theater, in IMAX in 3D.

I used to love going to rock concerts, going out w/ buds...watching movies at the theater was a ritual for me - I pretty much used to haunt my local theater! LOL! Now I have a hard time standing in line at Walmart. It's horrible - fucking crippling. I've gotten better the last few months, though - but, yeah...I'm facing the fact that a full-house is what I should expect. Maybe Star Wars will end up forcing me to deal w/ some issues that have seriously taken hold.

giphy.gif

I missed Empire and Jedi Special Editions at the theater - but I caught A New Hope SE opening day. Grabbed the silver widescreen SE boxset on VHS the day it came out - the same w/ the DVDs and Bluray.

6IjWCUb.gif

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

I have a theory why Luke isn't in the trailer.

I think Luke is literally a legend. All this Jedi vs Sith stuff - went on behind the scenes. During the Original Trilogy, to the galaxy at large, the Jedi were extinct - if they existed at all. Han has flown from one side of the galaxy to the other, n' seen lots of strange stuff...but the Force? C'mon. Bunch of simple tricks n' nonsense. Jedi were the stuff of myth.

I don't think that's changed. I don't think Star Wars Land knows what Luke did. I don't think they ever got to find out that the Jedi returned. I think the bad guys did something to cover up Vader and Palpatine's death. I mean, who else knew what happened?

"It's true. All of it. The darkside, the Jedi...they're real."

I think by the end of the movie, the galaxy will know that the Force and Jedi are very real. 'The Force Awakens'.

Maybe by the end of the Trilogy, there'll be some huge non-behind-the-scenes Jedi vs Sith battle for the galaxy where everyone knows what's at stake.

'No more hiding.'

insta009.gif

BTW:

tumblr_l9nfi0zH8Y1qdoghio1_500.jpg

LOL!

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 2 weeks later...

Ack. This is what I was talking about in my interview. People bitching about something cause people like it. Like they are jealous that people are finding joy in something they don't like and are trying their damnedest to bring people down.

I mean it's Fox, so it isn't exactly meant to be taken seriously. I wouldn't even watch if your day is going well.

LOL!! I had to click!

Yeah - they are making a conscious effort to put down a demographic. They're just a bunch of souless puppets pushing an agenda. I'm not a puppet.

"I pity them."

nightcrawler.jpg

I wonder how in the hell Peter Mayhew is playing Chewie. In every appearance I've seen him in in the past few years, he's on a cane and can barely stand on his own power - how is he filming his scenes? Is he in a wheelchair being filmed from the waist up? Is there a puppeteer in the rafters working him like a marionette? What's going on there? No way dude can walk or run on his own!

star-warspetermayhewcaneheadlinecrop.jpg

130610100908-chewie-cane-story-top.jpg

Poor guy recently got stopped at the airport 'cuz of his cane...

chewbacca-tsa-peter-mayhew-lightsaber-cane.jpg

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about Mayhew being back as Chewie, axels. I saw him on Comic Book Men as well, Panch. He was at WizardCon in NOLA a few years back and looke donly slightly better. I guess they had chairs nearby and he wasn't walking much. That and it's probably CGI mixed in there as well.