Star Wars, Episode 7: The Force Awakens

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know they're talking about Disney Infinity. LOL

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-special-c-3po-1

STWC3PO2015001_DC11-1536x864-801475792657.jpg

Looks like they're beginning to fill the 30-year gap between Jedi and Episode 7. 3PO gets a one-shot explaining his red arm and Shattered Empire seems to take place 'the day after' Endor.

51zGyePa5cL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have a massive EU collection. Graphic novels, magazines, books, essential guides...even got the Clone Wars blurays - it's been hard to look at my library whenever I walk by it after that 'clean slate' announcement. Tempted to read these, though. I'll end up waiting till the Force Awakens drops to see what the new Star Wars landscape is gonna be like first before I jump back in.

Yup. I feel bad for Mandalorian fans. Clone Wars pretty much dumped on all that backstory. Boba and Jango are no longer Mandalorians. Lucas made it very clear that they're simply bounty hunters who happen to wear Mandalorian armor. Massive upset in the 'Mando' universe.

I'm not a hardcore Mando fan, but I really like Jango Fett. Back in the day, I was hungry for any stories involving Jango. I loved that Bounty Hunter game and Open Seasons. Sucks all that is wiped clean - but at the same time, it makes him mysterious again. So - cool.

tumblr_n48navGsJ21s6w6foo1_400.gif

I've been downloading the Star Wars Comics Marvel has put out but have been avoiding them lest any TFA spoilers pop up. I've been catching up and reading some of the old Dark Horse comics in order to get my SW fix though. So far I've read a few Darth Vader miniseries that were mostly meh. I want to read X-Wing Rogue Squadron next. I remember hearing good things about that back in the day.

Not the official poster, but the official poster for D23. Art by Drew Struzan. That guy has a ridiculous porfolio. There's a doc on him on Netflix. He also has a book out that is filled with his movie posters and artwork. That guy is amazing.

I second the recommendation for the Struzman doc on Netflix. Quality stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a couple of issues of X-Wing Rogue Squadron - but just a couple. Never got to read the whole thing. I remember it taking place post Jedi w/ Bib Fortuna's brain in a jar - courtesy of the B'omarr monks - and him trying to get back into a body. It was cool - wish I had the whole thing, though.

Ah, the Shadows of the Empire era of content...the pre-prequel era of EU.

Found a nice spread of what the future of Star Wars is gonna look like:

zck4wkfx17lqpge9c8ia.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-final-cut/

Abrams says he has the final cut of the film! Also, that he gets 'final cut'. He said there's a clause in his contract that does give the Disney Company the 'final cut' - but he said there's never been any mandate issues and that Iger let him make the movie he wanted.

I gotta feeling Star Wars is gonna make a big splash in December...like, for the history books.

mark-hamill.jpg?w=780