Hondo's Bar

Who would win: Leia or Ripley?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

she can scarcely do shit without han, and is best known for prancing in a small golden bikini.

Ripley handled nature's greatest non-predator killers, several times, even when space marine battalions couldn't. this isn't even a competition; Leia would get stomped out before fixing her hair buns.

make an FC thread if you want! anyway my entry:

http://cloud.steampo...E9B5F7AFB4F2DB/

Leia can handle herself, you're selling her short. That said, she ain't no Ripley. Now, if you want an interesting match, I'd go for Ellen Ripley Vs Sarah Conner (from T2, not T1, obviously). That would be interesting.

Anyway, my cmd v (cause I'm on a Mac) :

You're both selling her short. She was raised among the rebels, already able to handle firearms in the first movie. By the last film She's infiltrating Jabba's palace to rescue Han, choking out Jabba, and part of a strike team deployed to Endor to enable a fleet to destroy the partially rebuilt Death Star. Add to that her latent ability with the force, and she's a serious danger.

Leia choked a fat guy with a chain he pretty much already had wrapped around his neck and can shoot slightly better than a stormtrooper. And that bullshit expanded universe fan fiction doesn't count. Ripley is half xenomorph, hyper atheletic, bleeds acid and survived what a group of miners with guns, a group of highly trained Marines, some of the most deadly prisoners in the universe, and a group of mercenaries couldn't. I don't know why she isn't in a predator hunting preserve listening to Walt Goggins talk about doing coke and raping bitches

Edited by Iambaytor
  • Upvote 2

Now you're not talkin' about Ripley for the most part there, Ryan. You're talkin' 'bout Clone Ripley. Different beast. Ripley died in Alien 3.

Least I'm not talking about fan fiction. Even still, Ripley not only survived those three scenarios, she straight up killed all the aliens in each one. She's fucking hardcore, Leia has never stood alone against impossible odds she always had somebody standing by her side to help her, even when she choked a giant slug to death.

What exactly are you basing this on, I highlighted her greatest hits form the movies and the book universe is fan-wankery bullshit. What did she do other than keep a stiff upper lip that's so special? Being able to fire a gun and choke Marlon Brando to death aren't that spectacular.

What part of being able to out-survive the rest of the cast (which in itself doesn't say much considering how incompetent some of them were) makes you so sure that she'd be able to take out someone who was raised to fight the Empire and has at the very least force-backed insight in a minute?

Edited by Lycaon

She doesn't have the credentials. Being raised in privileged circumstances by terrorists doesn't automatically make you a badass. Christ, she's basically bin Laden of a galaxy far, far away. Her power lies in the people she surrounds herself with.

Agreed, Ly. This lot are clearly underestimating Leia in a major way. If you put Leia in that loader outfit and gave her a flame thrower she'd get the same results as Ripley w/ likely a few Marines to spare. Leia took serious psychological and physical torture on the Death Star and didn't even get her buns out of place. Then she basically took over her own rescue and went right back to work planning the destruction of the Death Star.

Ripley is in no uncertain terms a badass, but in all three films she had to endure short term survival and ran on instinct and adrenaline. Ripley wouldn't have lasted in a cell alone w/ Vader and that creepy probe droid. Also, Ripley saw her crew mates killed and lost her shit in Alien. Imagine if she saw her entire planet destroyed? I'm pretty sure that would make her crack.

Her power lies in the people she surrounds herself with.

Eh, yes, to a degree. However, that same case can be made much more so for Ripley. She just has to be smarter/better at surviving than all the other idiots humans on the ship/colony/prison.

She doesn't have the credentials. Being raised in privileged circumstances by terrorists doesn't automatically make you a badass. Christ, she's basically bin Laden of a galaxy far, far away. . .

:wrong:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

What part of being able to out-survive the rest of the cast (which in itself doesn't say much considering how incompetent some of them were) makes you so sure that she'd be able to take out someone who was raised to fight the Empire and has at the very least force-backed insight in a minute?

It's not the surviving as much as the killing the thing that killed everyone else that makes her impressive. Being raised a rebel means she was taught how to point a gun at something she wanted to make die, lets be honest the Empire wasn't that formidable without all their bad-ass looking vehicles and you'll note she didn't do a whole lot of fighting at all. And what's this force thing you keep talking about? She never used the force in the movies or showed any sign she even had it. This isn't about who would be more psychologically stable afterward, it is which one would be alive and which one would be dead at the end of a fight.

And no, she wouldn't do the same in the loader suit because she probably doesn't know how to operate it since I don't think she pilots a single vehicle in the entire trilogy. Ripley knew how to use it because she is a miner and it's a piece of work equipment.

Edited by Iambaytor

yeah, i don't know when this became about a psych test, or just your favorite franchise (Aliens > SW, by the way)

and if we're gonna take potshots on the space marines, let's not act like the average stormtrooper was known for tactical prowess, much less aim. A single alien would stand to tear through every imperial guard not dressed in red, and yeah, if baytor's taking hybrid ripley off the table (because it's only fair), borrowing from fanfic stuff by alluding to force powers - where absolutely none were shown that i can recall from the films - is kinda cheap!

by alluding to force powers - where absolutely none were shown that i can recall from the films - is kinda cheap!

Well, in RotJ, they did explicitly show that Leia had Force sense, but only in sensing Luke's presence, and knowing that would the Death Star blew up that he wasn't aboard it, and Luke did say that in time, she would learn how to use the Force as well, so it's not pure fanfic speculation, but yeah, for this fight, I am presuming she does NOT have the ability lift Ripley into the air and toss her across the room using only her mind. There are obviously mitigating factors, like does Leia have a blaster, is Ripley in a mech suit, but we are presuming equal footing, and even though I like the Star Wars movie more than the Alien movies, given even money, I place my bet on Ripley.