Hondo's Bar

Supergirl

That was the most cringeworthy thing.... no thanks.

Also, what is it with media involving iconic superheroes like Superman, that don't revolve around them, have against saying their actual name? "That's the first picture of 'Him'" "Your cousin"

It works sometimes. It's used so terribly here though. I suspect the Suicide Squad movie is gonna do the same thing with Batman.

bish was saying something about how network crossover deals were possible, like how Arrow wanted/wants Constantine for an ep or something

honestly the worst part of that for me was the scene where the general basically says NO GIRLS ALLOWED and she goes back & cries in her room until her roommate says YAY GIRLS and then she's out there again, just ugh ...that part felt like the Gem trailer of DC shows

This show is clearly not targeted at anyone posting in this thread so far, so I am kinda with Nick here in looking at it in a more hopeful light. It's not a show aimed at male superhero fans. For that reason alone I hope the show succeeds because diversity in the genre is needed. If it is a good female target demo show then it will step up the game all around. That being said, after seeing that trailer I'll probably be skipping this series. But I will try to give it a fair shake.

Watched the pilot.

While it had the worst effects I've seen in a bit and had its fair share of corn, it actually wasn't that bad. It was like a watching a decent cartoon. You just accept the kiddie-ness of it. I'll give it a shot.

And as long as she appears on the CW instead of the other way around, I'm ok with it. I just don't want to see Flash zooming around in that horrible CG.

• 8 months later...

And as long as she appears on the CW instead of the other way around, I'm ok with it. I just don't want to see Flash zooming around in that horrible CG.

After months of rumors, ComicBook.com has learned that Grant Gustin will appear on Supergirl in his role as Barry Allen/The Flash next month.

Gustin will head to National City on the series' March 28 episode, the details of which haven't yet been released.

FUCK! Now I gotta go back a watch from where I quit.

Oh yeah, I quit watching Supergirl because it was so fucking bad.

• 4 weeks later...

So kinda like what I was saying in the legends thread applies here. The show is fun, it doesn't try to be too serious and I can dig that. The changes they've made to some of the characters (Hank) we're....interesting and I'm excited for the Flash team up.

...it does need a bigger budget tho.

Also......does ANYONE, ANYONE, have a problem with like...anti kryptonite tech being thrown out there in like the first couple eps?

........................you think supes would have gotten his hands on this shit already

• 4 weeks later...
I'll only watch this if it crosses over with Arrow/Flash.

So, haven't watched this for months, but The Flash crossover episode aired and I had to rubberneck.

Great episode. Was strong all the way through until the end, but, by that point, I was happy. They need to do this more often and I'll watch again (also, I'll just pretend it's a Flash episode).

The "you four look like the beautiful, multi-racial cast of a CW show" line got me.

• 2 weeks later...

The Flash episode is by far the best episode they have had so far. I love it.

Based on that info I made the right choice by skipping this series. I finally saw the Flash episode and was not too impressed. It wasn't bad, just kinda meh. There seems to be some sort of Kryptonian plot going on through the episodes though. That might be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Report: CBS Considering Dropping Supergirl Over Budget Issues

supergirl-the-flash.jpg

It’s coming right down to the wire for “Supergirl.”

CBS boss Leslie Moonves is deep in talks with Warner Bros. Television about the fate of its super-expensive comic-book series starring Melissa Benoist, which wrapped up a less-than-superlative first season last month.

The network would like the show to come back, sources close to the series say, but there’s a problem. The roughly $3 million per-episode price tag CBS pays to broadcast “Supergirl” — one of the highest license fees ever for a freshman show — isn’t quite justified by the ratings. Thirteen million total viewers tuned in to the heavily-promoted premiere back in October, but about half the audience bailed over the season, according to Nielsen.

That has set the stage for a last-minute stare-down between Moonves and Warner Bros. TV chief Peter Roth. CBS will announce its fall schedule in two weeks at the upfront presentations in New York, so the clock is ticking to hammer out a deal.

Both sides have a potential out. Moonves could push “Supergirl” to The CW, which as it happens is a joint venture between CBS and Warners (Moonves and his team are responsible for programming the network). Such a switch would make perfect sense. The youth-skewing CW already has “The Flash” and other superhero franchises (there was a crossover between “Supergirl” and “The Flash” this season), and its audience is much more aligned with “Supergirl” than is CBS’ much-grayer viewership.

Fans have suggested such a move for months and lately the Hollywood rumor mill has gone into overdrive that “Supergirl” is flying to CW. But that move would be fraught for both producers and fans, as budget-conscious CW shows don’t tend to collect huge license fees for the studios. The upshot of a CW shift is that there would very likely be big budget cuts in the offing for “Supergirl.”

give this & Constantine to CW!