Hondo's Bar

All New, All Different Marvel

The NZA

ANADMarvel1_June4-2.jpg

J8HOtZf.jpg

Marvel Comics is planning a massive, publishing line-wide reboot this fall that will see all of its comic books revert back to No. 1s, introduce all-new superheroes and significantly alter others, including a new Spider-Man, a new Hulk and new team-ups never before imagined at the House of Ideas.

Dubbed "All-New, All-Different Marvel," the reset takes place after "Secret Wars," the ongoing summer event that will conclude an ambitious arc loosely going back to 2012 with the introduction of the highly popular "Avengers vs. X-Men" series.

...so, here we are. since marvel's been watching DC flop at reboots for ages now, this isn't that; what i understand is, character histories are staying, it's the world itself that's changing. one apt description i read was picture it like loading a saved character in a new game/new game +. I'm sure there will be individual retcons here & there (some needed), but we don't know of any universe-wide ones yet.

best guesses from comic sites i'm reading:

- Old Man Steve possibly taking Fury's role down the road?

- There's a lotta spider-people

- holy crap check out Stange with the bloodaxe there

- oh god what is Citizen V doing there baytor hold me

- Green hooded dude is confirmed to be Karnak

- X23 is clearly taking the wolvy mantle (should've seen this coming after Thorette took off), looks like Old Man Logan is staying?

- Black costume DD = i'm guessing Waid's run ties up & he moves back to NY

- huge Secret Wars spoilers here:

look at Thing & Rocket's costumes; rumors are that after their kids die in the war, Reed & Sue go missing

anyone know who 3D chick is?

yeah, it could be a great fit (im kinda hoping the book isn't Bendis this time), but your boy Flash's fate is like that of a bunch of characters - no one knows yet. they seem to be trickling out info - that 2nd image was just today or so, i wanna say, and i think X23 as Wolvy is supposed to be announced today or tomorrow. any new character info i find, ill post here.

I too hope for not-Bendis I know Abnett and Lanning aren't coming back (well, not Lanning at least) but I'm hopeful for a Cullen Bunn, Jason Aaron, or Pak and Van Lent caliber writer.

I assume that's Red Wolf up there rounding out the Planeteers?

They can't do less with him than they've done with Spider Woman in a decade.

616 Peter has already voiced his very deep concerns with that, it'll get sorted. I expect Battleworld won't be hanging around too long but a lot of the refugees of the varies countries will be returning to a modified version of the 616. I think some of these changes will hang around for a while (Wolverine and the Fantastic Four being out of commission is a very roundabout way of taking away any free publicity for the franchises that Fox is holding ransom.)

Also, I'm betting that Miles Morales will be called Spider-Man and that Peter Parker will be called Spider-Man much like how they handle the Hawkeyes and Green Lanterns.

I'm more interested in seeing which Spider-Woman can manage to do something interesting first: Jessica Drew or Gwen Stacy (which is a shame because there's a perfectly good woman with spider powers who is stuck with the lame-ass moniker of Silk who is much more interesting than both of them.)

Edited by Iambaytor

• 4 weeks later...

Spoilers regarding Spider-Man

COMICS: Details And Closer Look At New AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Suit And Spider-Mobile

122283.jpg

Pretty much everything you ever loved about Spider-Man will be gone later this year thanks to the "All-New, All Different" relaunch which will see Peter Parker portrayed as a millionaire industrialist and Spider-Man a hero loved around the world who is now Peter's bodyguard. Seriously...

Follow Josh:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Josh Wilding - 6/30/2015

Remember how ridiculous it was when Tony Stark pretended Iron Man was his bodyguard? Well, that's now what Peter Parker will be doing with his Spider-Man alter-ego in Dan Slott's relaunchedAmazing Spider-Man series. According to MTV News, tech company Parker Industries has exploded in popularity after the events of Secret Wars, meaning that Peter has become "an international icon" and Spider-Man "is on shirts, posters, toys, games and more all over the world."

Spider-Man will also now be facing global threats in places like London and Shaghai, and that's why he has a new Spider-Mobile. Designs for that can be seen below along with the new tech heavy costume he'll be wearing. What do you guys think about this plan for Spider-Man? A natural evolution in Peter's life or too drastic a departure from what has always made the character great?

ASM2015001cov-mtv-1435670833.jpg?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=1800

SPIDER-MANnewdesign-mtv-1435670830.jpg?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=1800

SMobile-FINAL_Colorv2-mtv-1435670835.jpg?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=1800

SMobile-FINAL-mtv-1435670827.jpg?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=1800

I know I haven't read Spidey in ten years, but this couldn't sound worse.

Edited by alive she cried

• 4 weeks later...

Full list:

All New, All Different Avengers - Mark Waid, Mahmud Asrar, and Adam Kubert

Invincible Iron Man - Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez

Spider-Man (Miles) - Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli

Dr. Strange - Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo

Captain Marvel - Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez, and Rico Renzi

Squadron Supreme - James Robinson and Leonard Kirk

A-Force - G. Willow Wilson and ?

Totally Awesome Hulk - Greg Pak and Frank Cho

Ant-Man - Nick Spencer and Mark Brooks

Contest of Champions - Al Ewing and Paco Medina

Old Man Logan - Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino

Wolverine (Laura) - Tom Taylor and David Lopez

Deadpool - Geeey Duggan and Mike Hawthorne

Extraordinary X-Men - Jeff Lemire and Humberto Ramos

All New X-Men -Dennis Hopeless and Mark Bagley

Angela - Marguerite Bennett, Kim Jacinto and Stephanie Hans

Karnak - Warren Ellis and Gerardo Zaffino

Howling Commandos Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Frank Barbieri and Brent Schoonover

Venom Spaceknight - Robbie Thompson and Ariel Olivetti

Daredevil - Charles Soule and Ron Garney

Web Warriors - Mike Costa and David Baldeon

Vision - Tom King and Gabriel H Walta

The Illuminati - Josh Williamson and Shawn Crystal

Spider-Woman - Dennis Hopeless and Javier Rodriguez

The Ultimates - Al Ewing and Kenneth Rocafort

Carnage - Gerry Conway and Mike Perkins

Scarlet Witch - James Robinson and Kevin Wada

Silk - Robbie Thompson and Stacey Lee

Uncanny Avengers - Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Marc Guggenheim and Mike Norton

New Avengers - Al Ewing and Gerardo Sandoval

Sam Wilson, Captain America - Nick Spencer and Daniel Acuna

Hawkeye (Kate and old Clint) - Jeff Lemire and Ramon Perez

Uncanny X-Men - Cullen Bunn and Greg Land

Guardians of the Galaxy - Brian Michael Bendis and Valerio Schiti

Star-Lord - Sam Humphries and ?

The Mighty Thor - Jason Aaron and Russell Dauternan

Ms. Marvel - G Willow Wilson, Takeshi Miyazawa and Adrian Alphon

Nova - Sean Ryan and Cory Smith

Drax - CM Punk and Ed McGuinness

Howard the Duck - Chip Zdarsky and Joe Quinones

Spider-Man 2099 - Peter David and Will Sliney

The Amazing Spider-Man - Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli

Carnage outta nowhere, need to look up the DD writer but Garney's great...some surprises here.

interview/promo stuff:

ANAD Amazing Spider-Man Article

That’s right: not only is Spider-Man now a globe-spanning entrepreneur and inventor — think Tony Stark, but with less alcohol and more angst — he’s also bringing the classic Spider-Mobile back, along with a few other surprises.

The new series is written by fan favorite Dan Slott, drawn by Giuseppe Camuncoli, and has a new costume designed by Alex Ross. But before we get into what’s up with Spider-Man this fall, a quick rundown on how we got here.

Through a variety of body-switching circumstances too complicated to explain, mild-mannered Peter Parker ended up the owner of Parker Industries, a tech company. Post-“Secret Wars,” Parker is finally figuratively owning his new position in life, having taken Parker Industries and made it one of the leading companies in the world.

Move over, Stark Industries: Spider-Man is in charge this time.

“Peter Parker has stepped up,” Slott told MTV News over the phone. “He’s grown. He’s become the Peter Parker we’ve always hoped he was going to be. This company, with Peter’s inventions and Peter’s gumption has gone to new heights.”

Okay, back to the body switching for a second. The villainous Doctor Octopus took over Peter Parker’s body for a while, and that’s who started and created Parker Industries. But now, Peter is in control and in charge, and is creating inventions that have a decidedly friendly bent.

The inventions aren’t the only thing with Spider-Man’s trademark humor infused in them, though. Just like in the real world, Spider-Man is everywhere. Now that Peter Parker is an international icon, Spider-Man has become his bodyguard — mirroring a storyline that played out with Tony Stark back when “Iron Man” first launched — and so Spider-Man’s logo is on shirts, posters, toys, games and more all over the world.

Adding another wrinkle? It’s not the traditional red and blue costume of old. The new suit Ross designed has some tech secrets inside of it, beyond the glowing logo.

“The things this suit will be able to do and the innovations that Peter Parker has put into it will be astounding,” Slott noted, “and when you want to take something to the next level, you go, and make it look real, you go, ’hey Alex Ross, take your best shot.’ ”

While Ross tackled the new Spider-Suit, Giuseppe Camuncoli handled the new Spider-Mobile design, which editor Nick Lowe revealed, “you see it in the very first issue driving around the streets of Shanghai.”

Where the previous version was a goofy ’70s addition to Spider-Man’s mythos, this one is story driven (no pun intended).

SDgILLU.jpg

2WO0ZKU.jpg

14C6oAG.jpg

Tom King's Vision Interview

APL3Q27.jpg

Newsarama: Tom, where do we find the Vision after Secret Wars and here in "All-New All Different Marvel"?

Tom King: We start with a back to basics Vision.

With some apologies to the great Donna Troy, this character has one of the most complicated and perhaps convoluted histories in comics. A close reading of his definitive origins in Avengers Forever reveals that the close reader now has a headache. And that was written like three Vision deaths ago.

With this series we’re going to strip all that noise away and return to the simple, sweet, and amazingly compelling set up Roy Thomas first gave the character: a robot built to be a weapon who wants to be a human, who wants to be a hero. He’s the powerful stranger who for some flattering reason wants to be like us. Vision is Data. Vision is Spock. Vision is Superman. Vision is who I was, the geek trying to fit in, realizing I never will, and realizing that that ain’t all bad.

also mannnn why is DD training Gambit-lite though...this should be interesting

1435626442000-600x828.jpg

8rnOd0m.jpg