Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man

Keth

Seriously, Spidey looks like he got into a fight w/ a birthday cake.

I've been burned a few times w/ the latest Spidey games - I've learned that 'a good looking trailer does not a good Spidey game...make.' Seriously, it's all about that swing mechanic and open-world-ness.

I was just playing Spidey 2 on Gamecube last week, it pisses me off how developers can't commit to that standard. A next gen Spidey 2 would be the ultimate. The Amazing Spidey 2 game had to stop and load at every random crime encounter and penalize you if didn't engage. WTF. Great graphics and combat - but fundamentally bereft.

I think the universe agrees: Spidey 2 (2002) should be the bar.

If this turns out to be a benchmark Spidey game - between the FFVII remake n' this being another PS4 exclusive...it's already lookin' pretty damn likely I'm gonna be going PS4 this gen. I haven't gone Sony since PS2.

The PS3's back-catalogue of exclusives is putting me over the top: Kingdom Hearts HD...Grim Fandango...

#gottagetaPS4

tumblr_n1irhzPfjW1r3s2suo1_400.gif

• 11 months later...

Look like the same shit as 2014s 'Amazing Spider-man 2's gameplay / combat mechanics - which were very much extremely awesome.

It LOOKS like web-swinging mechanics are tied to the actual buildings - BUT 'Amazing Spidey 2' also had that illusion. It looks awesome as hell, though. It would even awesome-er in his 60s outfit...or 80s (got goosebumps!) outfit.

Starting to think they gave Spidey such a lame-looking outfit so that when they offer legit / classic threads - everyone is gonna throw those 5 bucks at the game. The graphics do look sick - it will be awesome to run around as classic Spidey.

Dying for details on the game's 'random crimes' logic.

The gameplay seems more Arkham-esque, which is fine, Spider-Man games have been coasting on that Spider-Man 2 PS2 game for far too long. Besides the Arkham style is very versatile, it worked aces for Mad Max and I think it would make for a kickass James Bond game if developers can ever pull their face out of Goldeneye's ass for 10 seconds.

• 4 months later...

Homecoming is totally gonna be in there...even if it ends up being paid DLC.  The Raimi suit made it into the ASM2 game...that'd be kew if it makes it into this.  Amazing Bag-Man was my go-to!  LOL - I'd totally bet on it's appearance.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm really hoping for Spidey's original 60s duds making an appearance...I think that'd be a first.

amazingfantasyspiderman-170697.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Batman alt. skins I think have covered pretty much his entire history...they even did Adam West's 60s tv one!  If they can get the 80s tv suit in there - oh my god...hellz yes.

Spiderman-Opener-2.jpg

• 4 months later...