Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man

Keth

Nyargh - bullshit that you can't stop your swing when you slam into a building.

"We didn't want to stop the player - or have 'em face plant into a building...

...when you slam into a building - you'll just keep running up it."

I'd rather stop / hold a swing when I hit a building - than just automatically run up it.

I remember in other games, having to hit / hold a button - if you wanna trigger running up or the side of a building.  Auto-run when you slam into a building?  Nah...much more rewarding when you nail those button combos.

Awesome legit web swinging w/ legit web anchoring.  It's all cool n' slick - w/ that automatic parkour stuff w/ signs n' such and auto path-charting like ASM2s mechanics (the last game).  Most impressive.  I can only pray this eventually comes to Switch.

2 hours ago, Little Nemo McFly said:

Nyargh - bullshit that you can't stop your swing when you slam into a building.

On one hand I'm glad they did this. It'll make traversing fun as hell (That video made me want to play it immediately). But it would be awesome to implement a sort of stunt mode or advanced swinging option that play out kind of like the Skate games. Super hard to master, but rewarding as hell when handling tight curves or covering long distances seamlessly. 

(Sorry for the double post!)

Edited by Axels

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty surprised at the kinda ports Switch has been getting.  I really wouldn't put it totally out of the realm of possibility that Switch could get Spidey...but, yeah - wouldn't hold my breath.

With swinging - I'd rather, like:  I'm 'bout to hit a building...I'd like to hold a button if I wanna run up or along the side of it - n' keep that swing momentum.  Keep moving.

See, sometimes - I just wanna hit a building, kill my momentum and drop down it's side...or face-plant and just stick / cling to the building.  OR just slam into it and just...keep holding on to my web...and just hang there like dead weight.  AUTO-RUN...on contact?

10150734.jpg

I say it should be -

optional.jpg

- put it in the hands of the player.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ybT3yoE.gif

less than 2 weeks left!  i gotta backup PT & the saves on my OG PS4 before trading it in, hoping gamestop does a promo for labor day.  thinking of taking the day off of work, between the new system/game and season 2 of iron fist! 

also this was really cool, can't believe i never thought of :panch: as a luchadore before

:lush: this game is the truth

i spent far too long installing stuff & restoring my PS4 (got PT working!!) for the new pro, but what i played was just an absolute blast.  

also nice that the bundle brought the physical copy with digital bonuses, looks like ill have city that never sleeps soon? 

i needs symbiotes

and strongly agreed, it's been a minute since an open world game sucked me in like this - spent much of the first day or two just running around activating stations, collecting backpacks & such.  i literally only noticed the stats screens today, haha

oh man they let me unlock the scarlet spidey costume early! wasn't even expecting that, so happy.  i gotta say though, the main one for this game that everyone dumped on?  it's really kinda cool, grew on me

this game aped all the right stuff from the batman: arkham series, along with a lot of what i liked from infamous.  the only donwside i've run into is like the latter, sometimes i'm chasing/running and move the wrong way & get stuck on something, ughhh.  overall though, i'm strangely happy we dropped the beloved spider-man 2 web physics here, it's so much fun zipping around the city.  i prolly skip out on more ongoing crime sometimes than die fladermaus though