Hondo's Bar

Ambrosia

TopDawg540

Ambrosia (am-BROH-zhuh)

In Greek mythology, ambrosia was the food of the gods which was supposed to confer eternal life upon all who ate it. It was a delicacy of the gods, said to have been made of honey, water, fruit, cheese, olive oil and barley. Generally, ambrosial has come to indicate anything fit for the gods or of divine provenance, or anything delicious or fragrant.

My question to you drunken dieties is this...

What would be your ambrosia?

It could be a dessert, it could be a certain meal, it could even be as simple as a snack. What would you choose?

Fo me the choice is a snack I came up with myself. "Galletas de yeya" (basically a thick round cuban cracker) topped with sliced guyava (that red bar thats in every pantry in miami) with a layer of spread philidelphia cream cheese and then sliced mild cheddar cheese topping it off.

:D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have nuts and they are attached/in me?

For me it would be a meal the best, mybirthday dinner from my mom every year for as long as I can remember. Chicken fried steak (Isnt chicken but is steak fried like chicken), mashed potatoes (mashed with real bacon bits and shreaded chese melted in), corn (any store brand corn in a can), monkey bread (made like a flat loaf of bread but you add shredded potatoes in it), to finich it off with gooseberry pie (like apple pie but with goose berrys).

:D :D :D :D

I'm glad you explained the chicken fried steak thing, i thought it was a turnip platter there for a minute. As for those nuts of yours, did they drop already? Congrats buddy!

Yeah, that one's high on my list, so is sheperd's pie (traditional irish dish of mashed potatoes on top of ground beef & mixed veggies), but id say my favorite is jerk chicken pasta with lots of cheese over at this restaraunt, bahama breeze. I gotta find one of them over here... :D The drinks are good, too.

no no no spongebob... crunchy nuts like walnuts and almonds that, while good alone, destroy the creamy goodness texture of ice cream.

the ones you're talking about, on the other hand, are good. not to eat of course :D

sheperd's pie mmm : ) i've had it with chicken before but is it usually made with beef?

new york style cheesecake... mmm...

mayn i hate how every st. patrick's day my mom makes me and my brothers eat corned beef and cabbage.... yucky... her excuse is always "you guys are irish so you have to eat this..." lame excuse eh? some like it... i just can't stomach it very well... :D

heh, hey michelle remember when i made kung pao chicken and i put peanuts in it and you wouldn't eat it..funny stuff, hey i like nuts,

anyway my ambrosia would either be lox and bagels...mmmmm (@Noah's bagels, that place rocks)

or there is this resuraunt chain in the bay area called max's opera house cafe, and they have this thing called a ruben with corned beef, and thousand island dressing on marble rye..mmmmmmmmm

what word? Irish? yeah, I could see how that would make you want to vomit. Thanks god I'm not Irish.

Or maybe I am part irish. After all, I love corned beef sandwiches.

Spongbob: Sooner or later I'll get around to visiting Nick and Mike over TX. I'll make you a corned beef snadwish you'll like, garunteed. Unless you're off to college by then :D

every st. patrick's day my mom makes me and my brothers eat corned beef and cabbage.... yucky... her excuse is always "you guys are irish so you have to eat this..."

Hahahahaha, Ireland's gift to the culinary world, don't mind your mother, I've been Irish for the last 25 years and I've NEVER eaten corned beef and cabbage, seperately from time to time but never together, your mom's fuckin' with you!