Hondo's Bar

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

The NZA

17 hours ago, The NZA said:

I've heard bottomed-out prices like that can be followed by a spike, but it doesn't seem to be a hard rule from what I've seen 

Yeah, its jumped to 97 this morning and the predictor is looking like tomorrow morning is the time to sell.

What an emotional roller-coaster.

@alive she criedSee the Simpsons image at the top of this page for (relative) context. 

I have obtained a copy! Two days in: I've paid off my first home upgrade, collected some wisp pieces for a ghost I met on a beach, passed out after being stung by a wasp, passed out after being bitten by a tarantula, planted some coconuts, plowed my way through innumerable shitty tools, and am wondering how to get a ladder so I can exploit the rest of my tiny queendom.

it is almost essential to sell them on other islands, i recall reading prices change 2x a day (before and after noon), my prices yesterday were booty but I'll check back today & tomorrow!

because of turnips, I'd finished mortgage & my town projects, back to my usual AC ritual of a half to an hour a day for events, fossils, collecting stuff for joods & general island maintenance. really looking forward to the update, missing all the shops we had in new leaf!

Got my ladder. Further in debt. New villagers! Museum has been built. I'm still having trouble catching a cricket. I'm slow. Took a trip to a mystery island, and I fished up nothing but trash. I'm still trying to take a trip to a place with bamboo or fruit different than mine. I really regret selling the peaches my 'mom' mailed me. Ugh.

loving that bootleg Redd is back, and now there's an art wing in the museum!  leif is cool too, just hoping kicks & label get their own shops again sometime, brewster as well

i don't wanna put up more fencing, so im trying to figure out how to have a 5 star island without it.  other than that, it's just digging up fossils & trying to slowly fill up the museum over here

To get hedges you have to do the special nature tasks for nook miles (it should be the first task on the list thats green) go talk to nook in the center and he should give your the recipe for hedges! 

We need to show off more pics of our islands. I wanna see what everyone is doing with their's.

• Upvote 1

We just restarted. Tonight. Originally, Tom, our son, was the first to settle. We didn’t realize that ALL island progress would rely on him as Resident Representative. So he quickly got bored within the first couple of hours. Fuck that. Aarty now leads SpideyIsle. She’s already paid off her loan again, so time for me to catch up. Tom will, eventually. But now he can take his sweet time without holding us back.

• Haha 1

yeah, the way the first person is the designated island rep is...something the game maybe should've been clearer about what all that entailed, and the fact that it can't be transferred is silly too.

it works for me & donny since she just wants to catch stuff and enjoy the island (and this is my 3rd go around with filling the museum, infrastructure, upgrading shops etc) but i can see where it's not ideal for a lot of folks.  another knock on it i've read is that you literally need another switch to have a separate island, there's a lot of folks new to this series & i think some were naturally expecting the ability to do their own thing. 

for me, there's a few items i'm still after, but having paid off everything & sitting on some bells, i'm at my usual point of just checking in, shopping, digging fossils/pulling weeds and checking out events or visitors (wisp, celeste, i really need to see more redd!).  like other folks who powered through the first month, there's less stuff to do at the moment, but that's what i'm used to & was looking for, now i can check in for a bit before playing fire emblem or something :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm still having fun with it. I finally got to Bamboo Island. Actually, twice in one day. So I've got bamboo growing. Still haven't made it to different fruit island. Boo. And still have managed to catch a cricket. Catching bugs is hard for me because our Switch controller is wonky and the joystick pulls to the left. I need to replace it but those things aren't cheap. I haven't paid off my current loan because I've been concentrating on infrastructure. My goal has been to fund a ramp and/or bridge at least once a day. I'm about halfway thru having built everything I want to have. My island has a two star rating and Isabelle is recommending some flowers which I was happy to oblige. I think I will plant some more tomorrow as well. She also recommended some fences but I'm less keen on that idea so I'm hoping I can get away without putting some up. And I caught another ancient armored fish (I can't spell it and spell check isn't doing it's thing) that I could sell for those sweet, sweet bells. And flew to Money Rock Island which helped fuel my construction plans.

Well, had a KK concert. Island is 3 star. I did put up some fences, but they were hedges so I placed them in random spots and they just look like bushes. I apparently need more DIY decorations but I'm running out of recipes. I've used all the ones I like and I don't want to start throwing beds and clocks around town. I'm hoping I can score some good ones in the daily message in a bottle. Managed to catch a mahi-mahi, which was cool. I've got two ramps left to build until every cliff area on my island is accessible. Played around with the island editor tool and gave every house a little stone area, built a pond, and put a light house on a cliff. And I'm looking forward to Lief coming again cause I want all the flowers. And I am still in search of an island with something besides oranges. Not a whole lot going on, but if anyone ever wants to visit, just let me know!

• Like 1