7. Hangin' tree

8. Go with the flow

9. Gonna leave you

10. Do it again

11. God is the radio

12. Another love song

13. Song for the deaf

14. Mosquito song (hidden track)

15. Lost art of keeping a secret (live - UK bonus track)

16. Everybody's gonna be happy (UK bonus track)

note to self post review later!!

In the meantime tell me what you think of this album, i thinks its good!! More later

Great cd! Very refreshing to hear some good new stuff out. Of course, the two best songs on the radio are both by bands with Dave Grohl in them (No one Knows from this and the foo fighters one) but hey, maybe some other musicians will follow suit... The cd tends to be quite a bit harder than the single, but it's all great great stuff. My favorite tracks are "You think I ain't worth a dollar...", "Go with the flow" "Gonna leave you" and "Another love song" but the whole cd is just awesome. Good, unique sound, and amazing drumming. Hats off to the aforementioned dave grohl, fine drummer. This one is better than their last cd, "R." though that one was good stuff too.

Also, this one gets points for best use of skits (random non musical bits thrown in between songs) on a cd. These are usually annoying as hell and appear on rap cds all the fucking time, forcing you to skip ahead 2 minutes to hear the actual fucking song. Not only are these bits really cool on Songs for the deaf ("welcome to clone radio: we play more songs that sound like everyone else, than anyone else!") but they're mostly tacked on to the end of a track... very considerate.

I agree, amazing album, highlights being No-one Knows (killer riffage and great vid), Gonna Leave You and Do it Again.

Also read in NME (the English Rolling Stone) that there was a badly advertised first listen for the album last year in some music venue and about 20 deaf people turned up. Supposedly they did not see the funny side, which I however do :D

"I need a saga, whats the saga? songs for the deaf"

I listened to "If Only" a few years back. Thought it was pretty cool. Glad to see them getting airplay without having to suck to get it.

Of course, the two best songs on the radio are both by bands with Dave Grohl in them (No one Knows from this and the foo fighters one)

And those two projects (The Foos and Queens) follows his 2001 Tenacious D release, one of my favorite albums of that year. Is Grohl on a roll or what?

I didn't mean project in that sense. I meant he took something on. I am aware the the Queens are not a side-project of Grohl's, but this albums was a project he took on. The point is, whether playing drums, playign guitar, singing or producing, everything he's touch recently has turned to gold.

And Beck does indeed rule.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

• 1 month later...

Its a great album alright but I still prefer their previous album Rated R.

However, the best songs for me would have to be "No One Knows" and "Song For The Dead". The drums are alot better than usual due to Grohls presence though. Apparaently for anyone going to Slane this year, the Chillis are letting Foo Fighters play last so as to let Grohl drum for QOTSA.

And on the Grohl subject, dont forget about his death metal band Probot which is due to come out soon with a load of guest vocalists like Lemmy from Motorhead, Phil Anselmo and Max Cavelera.

• 4 years later...
Yes, Kyuss rules. Also, check our Joshe Homme's Desert sessions. Volumes 1-10 where he takes a bunch of friends to the desert; plugs amps into a generator and rocks out. Really cool stuff with a lot of cool guests.

i've desert sessions 1-10 on my pc, i spent the last few days getting to 8, im now giving my head some time and going to listen to 9 and 10... they're all fairly amazing....

the song shepards pie is... well its a touch random...

ps, download era vulgaris!

No, fucking BUY Era Vulgaris. I haven't bought a new cd(only time I go to music places these days is for the $10 specials) since probably Lullabies, but yeah- support the good bands and just buy tyhe fucking album. Then download it so you don't have to burn and shit.

Same goes with comics, ye dirty pirates.

No, fucking BUY Era Vulgaris. I haven't bought a new cd(only time I go to music places these days is for the $10 specials) since probably Lullabies, but yeah- support the good bands and just buy tyhe fucking album. Then download it so you don't have to burn and shit.

Same goes with comics, ye dirty pirates.

i've done my bit by supporting kyuss.... not to mention buying all but lullabies and now era vulgaris.. gimme a break

• 1 year later...