Hondo's Bar

Pixar

*Jewels*

I'm not really into the whole Disney love fest movies, but Pixar has done a great job, proven by Monsters Inc. I didn't think it was possible for Disney to have any part in a movie that didn't evolved around a princess and her true love, so the Pixar movies are some of my favorite.

no, i don't think pixar made shrek. the pixar movies are: toy story, toy story2, bugs life ad monsters inc, and all their short films. and i dunno if they're disney artists cause most of them are youngin's, but it is a division of disney. so yea, i guess they are dsney artists

Yeah, pixar is great.  Since Disney's regular animation stuff isn't nearly as good as it used to be, it's nice to know that pixar took over the job of bringing out the classics.  And Dreamworks is great too, I always like Antz better than a bugs life (I guess it's because I'ma  woody Allen fan) and Shrek rocks. hell, if it weren't for them I bet Pixar's stuff wouldn't be half as good. Now that Disney has some competition, they're obligated to put out something good. The way things were going before Toy story, I was afraid that this generation of kids was getting shafted, but I'm glad that ain't the case.

Oh, and am I the onyl one that thinks some of this stuff shouldn't have speech in it?  I remember I saw dinosaur, and for the first 10 minutes or so, there was no talking, and it was awesome, then they spoke, and I was dissapointed.  Now I watch the trailer for Ice Age, which looks awesome, and it's a great hilarious cartoon, and then at the very end, a goddamned Mammoth talks.  It almost looks like animators have been wanting to do a movie with animals that don't talk (as evidenced by Pixar's shorts and parts of ice age, and disney's parts of Dinosaur), but they're not allowed to.  Now I know this stuff is for kids, but it doesn't seem to be too farfetched for them to enjoy a 90 minute cartoon where the animals don't talk.  hell, the point would really be that the movie would finish, and the kids wouldnt even realize that not one word was said.  While even if the animals talk the movie will be cool ('specially with dennis leary doin' one of teh voices) that's just the idealist in me wishing they'd do somehting like that.

Actually, I was at my sister's house a few days ago (Ryoga was driving) and she mentioned the name of the next Disney movie... :thinking: ... I don't remember the name right now but the story, I think, was something about a Hawaiian girl or something... I'm gonna call her and get back to you on that one. I have a bad memory...

Just saw the trailer for Lilo & Stitch cause I saw the ET rerelease w/ my sister (which was very cool, btw).  I normally don't go for many of the disney flicks, 'specially the recent ones, but damned if this one doesn't look funny.  That little creature is cool as hell.  Him reguritating a slice of cake in the trailer pretty much sold me on it.  It's coming out June 18 tho, so don't hold your breath.

o yeah you right pixar is soooo anime that it ani't funny right alita right but final fantasy that's nintendork shit you are so fucking smart i mean i couldn't have figured that this american company was really known for it's anime wow fucking retard.

To clarify: any animation can fall under this catergory, except im puttin comic book animations under comics of course.  

The topic was started by my absent cousin under general, and i moved it here later.  :kodama: :blossom: :bubbles: :buttercup:

do you really want me following you across this board or is it that you want me to crap all over this section cause you keep bring me back here with your foolish rants you are not smart it okay. you have left this topic here and you moved out an actual anime topic. yes this section can have more than just japanese anime but the core of this section is japanese animation and you moved that out what part of that don't you get you didn't even read the second line of the guy's three line intro, don't you see just how stupid that looks don't you. fuck it i'll leave you to your blissful ignorance but call me back here under these sercumstances and i will invade, and ps i won't care if it's acward!