Hondo's Bar

Blood Bath

The NZA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

So I've come with a great idea for vol.2! Actually, it is sooo great that it might just be my greatest shit to date! In vol.2, the Haitian Drive Boys will have to deal with thier greatest threat yet... zombies!!

The fightings gone (for the most part), but the blood ain't goin' nowhere!! I've also thought about adding a bunch of characters that nornally wouldn't show up in a Blood Bath issue... Hondo's Members (who else is gonna turn into zombies to try to eat us)!! I have a good idea for the first 2 arcs so it's almost offical... I just gotta finish vol.1 first!!!

Blood Bath is awesome. Also, Alex Ross is a wank.

I co-sign this post. This thread will now be pinned for further announcements.

Long have i waited for the day our crew dealt with the undead.

please dont make us fight reina :D

• 6 years later...

So BB has taken center stage once again. I've decided to re-do select pages, covers and even whole issues! All while I do the final 6 issues ending volume 1 with issue #35. On top of that I have the Spider-Panch mini (6 issues), BB zero issue, X-Mas Special One Shot and Sourcebooks (2 issues)! Also, I've already been photocopying all the originals to make trades (with exclusive COLOR/NEW ART covers)! A huge undertaking, but I'm finally ready to finish Blood Bath...

Roughly how man pages are we talking about? I wanna get you a quote from some people I know that are familiar with the world of self publishing, if that's cool.

I haven't read any of it or anything, but just that you put that amount of dedication into it impresses the hell out of me. I "published" 2 issues of my little mini comic back in the day and it wore me the fuck out. You're inspiring.

Edited by Thelogan
grammar!

Blood Bath was never meant for the outside world. I always did it for fun. After a while the story just started coming to me and it turned into something more, but never with the intention of seeing any light of day. It was really for me and my childhood friends (my brother Mike, Nick, Ariel, Eddie, Jason and Keron with guest appearances by Franky, Chris, John, Brian, Erika and a bunch of our ex-girlfriends, heh). The humor and ideas were there way before South Park, Family Guy, and any ultra violent Adult Swim show. Still, I keep it close to my heart. Very few people have seen em, let alone read any of it. Honestly, its really raw. I drew them almost all entirely in ball-point pen. Most times leaving the errors in. LOTS of misspellings. I didn't care. It wasn't for people to read anyway. Only time I used pencil was to do covers. I always dreamt of continuing it on forever, but I realized that I didn't have that kind of dedication. I set up my most epic story and decided to end it there. That was six years ago. I haven't touched it, I guess cause I was afraid it would be over. I had planned on a volume 2, but it seems unlikely. Still, I've been thinking a lot about it recently and I think I'm ready to finish it. We'll see how for I get...

As for your offers, Logan, on lettering and people in the business... I have AN ENTIRE COMIC BOOK UNIVERSE IN MY HEAD that I would love to publish. Now, I'm not saying I would do the whole thing (cause most of it is pretty bullshit, but I do have some ideas that I KNOW rival what's going on in comics today. Characters that could be household names.

man, i miss when you & ario would do sketches with power levels and shit.

i saw you looking for artists in the gallery thread - i know you've been wanting to write for a while now, but what keeps you from doing both sides of the work? do you think another artists' style might better match what you have in mind, or?

I just can't handle the workload. Plus, I get bored drawing. I never get bored of thinkin up shit. I need a capable artist that can commit my ideas to paper. Jon (Spacecowboy) is an AMAZING artist (I know, what CAN'T that guy do), but he's busier than Charlie Sheen in a Colombian whore house.