Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Bar: outside the forum

The NZA

Do you check the other pages on Hondo's?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just wanted to see how many of you check our other pages - The Member List, Profiles, all-new Art Gallery, Jukebox, F.A.Q., Sponsors, etc.

There's a handful that dont really change much - the Welcome page, Link to Us, Contact Us, etc, but the Photo Galleries get random updates when new stuff is submitted, the Jukebox has new music, the Art Gallery's lookin to be more regularly updated, there's a werewolf FAQ around somehwere, etc..

I went through a few menu ideas, but i figured a top-down one from the forum's main page was the best option. Places like my job, that block ActiveX controls and such, you cant even see the menu (its some kinda DHTML java thing; works fine in IE and Firefox when not blocked). Still, it seems to go unnoticed, and barring a new Member List section, and Cap'ns one day return to the Webcomic and Blood Bath, what do you think would get more hondonian's attention up there?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were to submit stuff of Cj and I hanging out and doing shit with friends, would those be ok? I mean, The only person you guys really know is Dowe (aka endworld) so would it, uh, be ok I guess? I can't think of the right word right now haha.

Hey, 2 responses, thats cool. Yeah, stuff of you 2 or you 3 would be pretty cool, actually! We need more pics of our Texas chapter.

• 2 months later...

That sure would be cool...we've only got 100 MB left or so, tho, so im not even sure how much more Great Sarcasmo can fit into the FAQ, much less animated stuff, sadly. And that last bunch of room, im saving for the new profiles, spoken of in legend.

A few pages (like South Park, Photo Gallery) got some updates, check em out & lemme know if you dont see something that oughta be up there. Very minor FAQ revisions coming now that im back online, and expect a bunch more art pieces in The Gallery inside of a week, when i (hopefully) learn how to add stuff to that section.

• 1 year later...

shit, good lookin out, ill have to ammend that. I got DoJ's profile to put up in that page soon, hasnt been updated in a while - only page i tend to update these days is the photo gallery.

ps you know, faux or not, "american cowboy" isnt as interesting a username. you are neither jack, nor truly meandering, and hardly a thought yet all these years, i let it slide.

• 4 weeks later...

Heads up:

Hondo's History page, Member List (needs more work, i know), Sponsors, Photo/image gallery, and Gatherings sections have all received varying levels of updates.

Ive really gotta do something one day about the photo/image gallery page - i love that shit, but its horrendous, just a ton of images almost randomly dumped on a blank white page, assualting the bandwith of the 3 or 4 of you that look there. Ive been thinking of at least learning how to thumbnail shit, or something similar - lemme know if you knwo about how this is done. And dont say "Dreamweaver" cause that program makes me cry.

Next up? I finally go back & try again to learn dante's sytem for updating our lovely Art Gallery, and decide one way or another on a good, free place to host our Chatty chat chat. Oh, and i gotta work Jax's history lessons into the F.A.Q.

Everyone's favorite F.A.Q. now includes Jax's totally unbiased hondo's hisotry TM as well as our official policy on censorship, in case it wasnt clear before. I was debating putting a section about banning, but its just not something i want to ever do.

Thanks to MM & arch's revised banner, i think our Welcome page is lookin a lot better too, so i might start linking newbies there from now on, god knows if they actually keep reading theyll find the F.A.Q. anyway.

Im not sure he does - i just thought they were awesome, and there oughta be a quick & easy place to find em. I tend to archive things from there or preacher's in case the worst happens and those places get hacked or whatever, theres so much old shit i wish idve kept from preacher's.

but yeah, i didnt stay up to the minute with em cause he put out os many, but at least the original batch is there.

plus, i was kinda hopin itd get panch mad and he'd make our own webcomic more than just bi-annually, but he hasnt found them yet i guess. :muggin:

Mike did one?

wait..update wha now? you mean all of tor's comics?! that thread is like 100 pages last i checked! tell you what, you get me the new comisc and ill toss em on up there, mebbe give them their own wee page too

i mean, our war got a page... :muggin:

seriously. and every board upgrade i go through, they get lost and i gotta do em again. its mainly just the spoiler tag and the stats page these days, though.

speakin of - does the chat on your portal page work good? i dont care for portal pages, but i guess itd work if thats one way, dont know if that's standard or a hack tho.

Also, how you manage the text banner up top? ive been thinking i need an announcement banner to let people know when there's important shit goin on.

Cool...im assuming our layout's similar enough, cause you guys use differnet skins and all, i think. did you pay for them, or is that a free site? cause you got some sharp ones, and that main place looked huge.

I just browsed through the Invision Free Skinzone until I found ones that suited the forum topics. You should check out the mod database aswell, there's some nifty shit in it. See, here's the problem... I'm not sure if our boards work entirely the same. So some of the shit might not work for you, but I'm sure there is something similar for the full paid invisionfree stuff. What am I chatting like a cunt for anyway? You must have a site like that, cause you've got loads of mods as it is. :muggin:

As for the chat, it was hot for a while. Nobody really uses it anymore.

Archived