Hondo's Bar

ASK JESS ANYTHING

Jesi

When are you going to post pics of you and DJ or SB whatever he wants to be called (either one is okay right?) and Jess and RA is what I call you, is that okay?

cute-05.jpg

There's a pic, right there! :-D :D :D

And I prefer going by "Jess", and DJ... He doesn't really care, so long as you don't call him late for supper.

*...groan...*

Ok, enough with the lame-ass jokes tonight. DJ says he prefers to go by DJ. One of these days I think Nick just needs to go through and do a mass edit of everyone's screen names since most of us are on a first-name basis.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Umm...I am still waiting on the CD you burned for me. I was just wondering if you sent it out yet..? Also Nick has been going nuts about the games too...so uhh lemme know.

:D I am soooooo so so so so so so sorry, it got sent out, it should be there soon. I kept meaning to send it out on my lunch breaks at work since my office is right down the road from a pack & ship store, but I haven't actually had a lunch break in two weeks. I guess in hindsight I could have had DJ do it, but it would have been a stretch for him too. But yes your care package is on its way!!

Do you think Angelina Jolie is sexy, I'd totally lick all over her body, but Jake doesnt think she's attractive at all. I deperately need your opinion lol.

bigd_scan396_AngelinaJolie_24-thumb.jpg

Angelina%20Jolie_23.jpg

Angelina_Jolie___Black_suit___Ytsc203__08.Jpg

JolieA106_YK_SS.jpg

Ohhhhh, Angie... :D

There's nothing more I'd want in this life or any other than to one day- just one day - wake up next to this girl. It's funny you say that Jake doesn't think she's all that, because I read an article in the NY Observer the other day that said most men that claim Angie isn't what turns their crank is because they're intimidated by her. Truth be told, she could probably take on most men, and women too, because y'know, she swings that way :D , and more than likely, she'd eat them alive. For me personally though? I think she's incredible. I sat and was engaged by her for over an hour a few months ago when she spoke at a U.N. meeting that was broadcast on CSPAN. She carried herself very well in front of a crowd, though she was visibly nervous. She spoke passionately about the issues she'd educated herself on, and when she was presented a question she didn't know the answer to, she wasn't afraid to say "I don't know, but I'm willing to find out." She's graceful, charming, funny, humble, intelligent, but always looking to learn more. She's totally captivating in real life. Yes, she's gone through some ... interesting transitions through her life, but the total package is phenomenal. Of all the pretty faces in hollywood, hers is the one that makes my head turn and my heart stop every single time.

I agree with you that she is great, she isnt the best actress, but shes good, and sometimes suprisingly so. Jake isnt intimidated by her, he just doesnt think shes that attractive, he thinks shes way over-rated. We have conversation/debates about it all the time, and I like to think I win cause more people think shes sexy than not. :D I love that we have the same taste, in her case. I think I just fell in love with you a little bit more :D:D:D

I agree with you that she is great, she isnt the best actress, but shes good, and sometimes suprisingly so. Jake isnt intimidated by her, he just doesnt think shes that attractive, he thinks shes way over-rated. We have conversation/debates about it all the time, and I like to think I win cause more people think shes sexy than not. :D I love that we have the same taste, in her case. I think I just fell in love with you a little bit more  :D  :D  :D

:D:D

salefjagjjdfkbzsjdfnjzdf blisGBkjfxbjzfhbzkjbgDRKgjutiajdnetfiuhn

::faints::

I got the killers Cd. I :D

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Yaaaaaaaaaay! I'm so glad you got it. It got there a LOT faster than I'd thought!

*mental note, always ship USPS, book rate, because the other guys SUCK!*

So... whatcha been up to?

How's your ankle, was it? or foot?

Where's your favorite place to eat?

What's your favorite fast food place, when you eat fast food?

When you make alfredo sauce, do you just use parmesan and cream or what else?

I've been working. A lot. And driving. Did the mother's day thing, which was an adventure, traveling in a full circle around the state of florida to see both maternal units, got stuck in insane late-night traffic, DJ's car almost overheated... It was fun.

My foot's all better. I don't know for the life of me what happened or why it was hurting but it's all better now. I'm not gonna be running marathons, but it doesn't hurt. :D

My favorite place to eat... Well that depends on what meal I'm eating. For breakfast I prefer the Hungry Fox Tree Top Bistro out on Longboat Key. It's a fabulous little outdoor restaurant upstairs away from the traffic, the food is great, and it's not terribly expensive. Their french toast is OMFGYummeh. For lunch if I'm looking to spend some money or if I want a nice sit-down, I prefer Crispers, which I don't think you guys have outside of Florida. It's a fun little chain restaurant that has fresh salads, creative sandwiches, and killer soups. They also have a limited ice cream and cookie selection but by the time I've finished a sandwich and a bowl of soup I'm in no mood for the rest of it. For dinner... well, that's a whole different story in and of itself. Our 'routine' place to go out for dinner is Monty's Pizza, which is walking distance from our apartment. It's a mom-and-pop italian restaurant and on monday nights they have all-you-can-eat pasta. It's not gourmet italian, but it's closeby, the atmosphere is friendly, the owners know us by name, and the waitresses usually know ahead of time what we're going to get. Speaking of which, some of those gals are gorgeous!!!! So that helps too ;). So that takes care of when I'm Jonesing for some italian food. If I want a steak or a burger, I like Ruby Tuesday's or Bennigan's. Bennigan's has the Monte Christo sandwich - you can't go wrong there!

I don't have a favorite fast food place, I try to rotate them so I don't get sick of it all. We do eat a lot of fast food simply because DJ doesn't cook and I don't have time a lot of the time. We try to think healthy though when we do get fast food, opting for chicken sandwiches or salads and chicken strips instead of a big greasy burger, or like with Arby's they have those kickass wraps. I do love me some Taco Bell though. I go through phases where all I want to eat is Taco bell. It's disgusting but I love it... hehe.

Ahhh the alfredo sauce. I almost always make my alfredo with some kind of meat, usually seafood. So for example I'll make it with shrimp and bay scallops (the little ones). I sauté those up in some butter and crushed garlic, then strain off the butter and set aside the meat. Butter goes back in the pan with some oregano and a little more garlic, then I add heavy cream and get it warm. Once it's to temp, I add not one, but six cheeses - Parmesan, romano, asiago, mozzarella, provolone, and fontina. Conveniently, Sargento brand has a shredded blend of these cheeses. If they didn't, I don't think I'd make alfredo quite as often. So in the pan that goes, and I just stir until it's fully blended. then the meat goes back in for a few to get coated properly, and then, voila! Dinner is served. Typically over linguine instead of fetuccini, because fetuccini always takes FOREVER to cook.

...aaaand now I'm off to work! fun. :D

My dad's friend who is a great cook says he just makes his alfredo with freshly grated parmesan and cream. I havent made any, when we make chicken alfredo its with cream, the 6 cheese blend, white wine, cilantro and chicken yummy lol on man I want some right now :D

:shrug: everybody's is different. That's what makes Alfredo one of the great mysteries of the cooking world. You know the basic ingredients, but it's how you combine them that makes your sauce great. I love alfredo sauce any way I can get it, but if I have to make it myself, that's the way I make it.

• 2 weeks later...
yummmm......chic-fil-a oh man now I totally want some lol

If you had a chance to let people worship you, would you let them or tell them to fuck off?

or you could be nicer about it I guess hahaha

...You mean people DONT Worship me??

Kidding, kidding.

If I had the chance to LET people worship me, well, I'd wonder why they were worshipping me, but I'd let them, so long as they keep their distance and don't do any freaky stalker shit. Paying homage to me and offering me gifts of gold, diamonds would be nice of course, but all the finest muffins and bagels in all the land would be suitable as well.

(I realize DJ is probably the only person alive other than me who will understand the muffin/bagel line)

Anyway.

If you had a religion what would you call it and what would you worship?

I don't much do the religion thing. Naming one would be tough. But I can tell you that it would involve worshipping not a God or Goddess or bunch of Gods and Goddesses, It wouldn't involve worshipping any human or deity. It would worship the concept of true universal peace, understanding, acceptance, equality, and love without judgement or consequence. It wouldn't be forced down people's throats, and anyone and everyone would be accepted, regardless. Boy am I asking for the world or what??? :D

• 5 weeks later...

What if someone thought that shit was the most precious thing in the world and tried to worship you by smearing it on himself then giving you a big fat hug? lol I totally pictured it in my head and you're cringing and yelling for people to get him off, it was hilarious in my head.

Do you miss the days of people asking you stupid questions?

Do you think the "ask me" threads should go back in "forum pubs" so that more people would ask questionns, instead of staying away from it cause its in the powder room?

Do you think that feminists are crazy? (the extreme ones I mean, where everything is about womens rights?)

Are you a feminist? (if so disregard the last question) :D

I watched a commercial for the ASPCA and totally started crying (and I never cry, ever) and if I had money I would send them tons of it cause I think people who help pets are awesome.

Do you ever cry while you're working because of injured pets, euthanized pets etc.? I dont think I could work in a vets office, I would cry all day :D

How many pets do you have? and b/c you didnt want to know I will tell you about mine. I have the zoe (obviously) and Jake's aunt is bringing me a half pug half pekingese this Friday and Im so excited. I love puppies and pugs, woo hoo. His name will be, Monkey. yay

What's the most unusual name you've ever heard for a pet?

If you had all the money and resources in the world how many pets would you own?

Do you like raisinets? goobers?

Sorry there were so many questions, I was bored and you looked like you wanted to spend all day answering these :D

What if someone thought that shit was the most precious thing in the world and tried to worship you by smearing it on himself then giving you a big fat hug? lol I totally pictured it in my head and you're cringing and yelling for people to get him off, it was hilarious in my head.

Seriously? I'd projectile-vomit in his face, and walk away. End of story. Me and poop just don't get along. At all. In any way, shape, form, eh! As much as I love my job, the one thing that I absolutely cringe at is when people bring me bags of poop and plop it on my nice, clean counter, and then proceed to tell me his dog's bowel habits and how them li'l wormy-thangs jus' keep crawlin' outta his butt. A:LFKhds;klfjhsklJ HKJDSHDFKS JY FGKJLHFLKSDJHFLK!J!!!!~!!!!! AUGH! GROSS! FUCK! GET IT AWAY! I seriously retch whenever I have to handle stuff like that, and I truly appreciate the people that QUINTUPLE-bag their "samples" to bring to the vet.

Do you miss the days of people asking you stupid questions?

YES, Dammit, I thought this thread was dead, in fact I just gazed longingly upon it not two days ago wishing someone would realize it was still there. THANK YOU! *worships*

Do you think the "ask me" threads should go back in "forum pubs" so that more people would ask questionns, instead of staying away from it cause its in the powder room?

Yeah, I kinda would like more exposure. Admittedly I get a charge out of this thread, I love answering random fucked up questions, it challenges people to get creative and it challenges me to come up with a witty, original response.

Do you think that feminists are crazy? (the extreme ones I mean, where everything is about womens rights?)

I like the idea that there are women out there truly fighting for the rights of other women. Any kind of extremist bothers me, though, whether it be political, religious, or otherwise. I can appreciate a person who is passionate about a cause, but there is a fine line that you shouldn't step over.

are you a feminist? (if so disregard the last question) :D

No, I'm not. I'm all for women's rights, I want my privacy and I want to be able to do to my body whatever I feel is right for me. But frankly I just don't have the time or energy to devote to that mentality. I respect those that do, but I just can't go there.

I watched a commercial for the ASPCA and totally started crying (and I never cry, ever) and if I had money I would send them tons of it cause I think people who help pets are awesome.

You're awesome just considering it. But I gotta tell you, you can throw money their way all day long, and they do great things with it, but they need hands, too. If you find a free weekend, go volunteer at the animal shelters, feed, walk dogs, help clean cages, help to socialize puppies and rehabilitate abused pets. It's the most awesomest thing you could ever do outside of donating money.

Do you ever cry while you're working because of injured pets, euthanized pets etc.? I dont think I could work in a vets office, I would cry all day :D

I do. There are cases that are very dear to me and when these pets get sick or injured or just old to the point of having to let them go, I do cry. We have a special room set up just for that case, it has a nice soft lamp and a lot of cushy bedding on the table where a pet can lay and get comfy and I'll sit in there and console with the pet owners and even share a cry with them. I feel like the grim reaper, sometimes, because I'm the one that holds these people's hands while I watch their pet die, I'm the one that gives them a hug and I'm the one that tells them they've done the right thing. The guilt that hangs in the heart of a human who's just had to let their best furry friend go is insurmountable. We had a 16 year old pomeranian in congestive heart failure at the clinic today who died before his owner could get back to the clinic to euthanize him. The owner was selfish and didn't want to let him go and so the dog made that choice for him. It was gut and heart wrenching to see this young guy just sob and cry for this old dog, but he really loved that animal and it hurt to have to see the dog suffer, and cause the owner to suffer when his time came. It was a hard day.

How many pets do you have? and b/c you didnt want to know I will tell you about mine. I have the zoe (obviously) and Jake's aunt is bringing me a half pug half pekingese this Friday and Im so excited. I love puppies and pugs, woo hoo. His name will be, Monkey. yay

In the house we have three cats - Ariel, who's DJ's cat, is 15, and despite a few old-age flaws, she's spry and happy and healthy. Eleanor is my cat, and is a total nutball. Seriously, she has a screw loose. She has Kitty-OCD, chews her hair constantly. She's bald from her chest down to her toes. Then there's Dante, who is our youngest, and a result of working at a vet clinic. He's a cuddly, loveable, dumb-as-a-rock, fat-turkey, occupational hazard. I love them all. DJ's folks also have two golden retrievers, a dachshund and Dach-Chihuahua cross, two cats, a goose, a few ducks, and a horse. My mom has a dalmatian, a cat, two birds, and two horses. We have a menagerie!!

Pugs are the cutest. You just have to be careful with that smushy face to clean the creases and folds every day with a gentle baby wipe. They get nasty skin infections otherwise, especially with the peke mixed in. Also beware of respiratory problems due to the shortened nasal passage. This dog's gonna snore loud enough to wake the dead, so be prepared. Other than that, Peke-a-Pug! Woo! hehee. I just wanted to say that. And the Zoe is Teh Cuuuuuuute! Give her a snurgle for me :D

What's the most unusual name you've ever heard for a pet?

My dad used to know a guy that had a pet calf named Sir Loiner. Seriously. Cute little holstein dairy cow. Never did anything wit him, the name was just funny. That's the one that sticks out in my mind. I know a looooooooot of animals, most of them are named after some funny event or a sports star or a religious entity or a song or something. Not a whole lot of bizarre ones though. One dog came in today who's name is Tequila. That was cute.

If you had all the money and resources in the world how many pets would you own?

Not so many that I couldn't keep track. I'd love someday to own a working farm, raise my own dairy and beef cattle, pigs, chickens, but those wouldn't be pets, so I'd have as many of those as the property'd fit. (Side note - I hate seeing a pet euthanized but I have no moral hang-ups about raising animals for food.) There are lots of breeds of animals that I'd love to have, both large and small, but pets, to me, are companions that live in your footsteps - They go where you go, sleep where you sleep, so I can't see owning more than two or three dogs at a time, and three cats at the most. I'd love to have birds and a chameleon though - I really want either a cockatoo or an eclectus parrot, and if not, I'd also like a congo african grey.

Do you like raisinets? goobers?

Yes, and Yes. I love candy. mmmm.

Next?

You're awesome just considering it. But I gotta tell you, you can throw money their way all day long, and they do great things with it, but they need hands, too. If you find a free weekend, go volunteer at the animal shelters, feed, walk dogs, help clean cages, help to socialize puppies and rehabilitate abused pets. It's the most awesomest thing you could ever do outside of donating money.

I might do this when I have free time, :D

Pugs are the cutest. You just have to be careful with that smushy face to clean the creases and folds every day with a gentle baby wipe. They get nasty skin infections otherwise, especially with the peke mixed in. Also beware of respiratory problems due to the shortened nasal passage. This dog's gonna snore loud enough to wake the dead, so be prepared. Other than that, Peke-a-Pug! Woo! hehee. I just wanted to say that. And the Zoe is Teh Cuuuuuuute! Give her a snurgle for me 

I gave her a snurgle even though I dont know what that is hahaha and she loved it and said thank you. you made her day. I use to own 2 pugs (Dozer and Pixie) they were my babies and now they are with my ex-husband :( so I know all about the pugs haha they are awesome dogs and sweet and loveable, im so excited.

I will think of more questions to bombard you with later. :D

• 1 month later...

:ded: :)

Can I petition to have this thread moved out to the regular pubs? Not that I don't like the powder room, it's just that I love my thread and I miss it, it doesn't really have much to do with the powder room except it's made by a girl, and in here it's just collecting dust. Plus, it's harder to find especially since it got bumped to the dreaded page two. It's like thread purgatory without being crap shacked. :beg:

Archived