Hondo's Bar

ASK JESS ANYTHING

Jesi

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
women usually kick men out to the couch...  but have you ever been kicked to the couch while sibob commands the bed?

oh...

and if you ever do kick him to the couch, how do you let him know?  'deej, your on the sofa tonight!'  or  do you merely just hand hima  pillow and look out into the living room?

I've never been asked to sleep on the couch however I have on a few occasions when DJ's been sick with the flu. DJ's only been told to sleep on the couch one time. His indicator that I was pissed was his walking into the apartment at 4:00 in the morning to find a pillow and blanket on the living room floor and the bedroom door closed. That was eons ago, though, and we talked it out and by 5 my determination to be mad had fizzled and I told him he could come to bed. He does occasionally sleep on the couch when he's having trouble falling asleep in bed though, whether due to allergies or room temperature, we have a really nice comfy leather couch that he'll stretch out on. It's also a pull-out bed but if there's only one person sleeping on it, its better to just use the couch.

When I was living at home, I used to be a BIG couch sleeper. The parents would actually get mad at me for it haha. I would just go through phases where I COULDN'T sleep in my bedroom, I had to have the couch!

..Now I can't fall asleep without Cj being in there with me.

Do you ever find it hard to sleep without SB?

How long of drive is it from where you live to Miami?

Where EXACTLY do you live?

Do you like Tom Jones?  I DO!

Yeah, I do find it hard when we're apart for more than a day or two, but in situations like when I drive to my mom's house I keep myself busy so at the end of the day I'm tired enough that I just go to sleep and find that I'm awake the next day.

From here to Miami is around 3.5 hours driving, and most of that is on I-75/Alligator Alley. We live in Sarasota, which is about a 45 minute drive due south of Tampa.

I don't mind Tom Jones, though admittedly I don't know many of his tunes. I probably hear him a million times a day on the oldies station I have to listen to at work and don't realize it's him.

Your couch itself is comfty, but the pull out bed has a bar that runs right across the damn back which makes it uncomfty...but then again, its a pull out.. but with a 56 inch tv in the living room, it makes up for it.

whats your fav DJ outfit...what makes you sizzle when he dons it.

Your couch itself is comfty, but the pull out bed has a bar that runs right across the damn back which makes it uncomfty...but then again, its a pull out.. but with a 56 inch tv in the living room, it makes up for it.

whats your fav DJ outfit...what makes you sizzle when he dons it.

Yeah, the pull-out is falling apart at the seams - Our friend Brett and his girlfriend slept over a few months ago and were roughing around the next morning and Brett fell right through one of the corners because the spring overstretched and the canvas ripped. I love the couch and the concept of having a pull-out bed but in all honesty I think an inflatable air bed would probably be the better route to go at the rate that thing is going. I dunno, I think in the near future I'd like to sell off most of the furniture we have and get stuff that matches. A lot of the stuff we have is hand-me-down or gifts from people so a lot of it is in different styles, colors... I wanna just go to Rooms to Go and pick out one of everything... LOL!

Anyway.

Hmmmm... Clothes... Well, something about DJ is that he pretty much wears the same thing all the time - ribbed tee shirt and jeans/cargo pants. It's what fits him nicely and what he's comfortable in. On occasion though we do have to dress up for something and when he wears his nice dress slacks and this really nice green dress shirt, with his leather blazer over it all, it's Hotttttttttttt+infinity. Seriously though, I like him wearing whatever he's comfy in, sweats, shorts, jeans, nothing... :D I'll take him any way i can get.

so you like his ribbed condoms...  wait, think I might have misread that  :D

who knows more than who about movies?  deej or you?

haha yeah you definitely read that wrong... :D

DJ DEFINITELY knows more about movies than I do. He's the Pharaoh when it comes to movie knowledge. There are some that I've seen that he hasn't but he knows a lot more about the classics than I do. I know quite a bit but most of what I know I learned from him.

"save a condom, use a butt!"

Condoms are good for people who have multiple partners though... or don't wanna get preggers lol.

JESS! If you are listening to music WHAT SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? and again if you're listening to music, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITES LYRICS TO IT?

What is your favorite song> I know it's a hard question, but if you have one, what do you like about it??

"save a condom, use a butt!"

Condoms are good for people who have multiple partners though... or don't wanna get preggers lol.

JESS! If you are listening to music WHAT SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? and again if you're listening to music, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITES LYRICS TO IT?

What is your favorite song> I know it's a hard question, but if you have one, what do you like about it??

As it's 6:30 in the morning as I'm writing this up, I'm not listening to any music, however when I get dressed and go out to my truck to go to work, I'll be listening to Rob Thomas' new CD, which, if you're on my Livejournal friends list, I wrote a review of. I just really dig the whole CD, but the one song that I cant seem to get out of my head is the final track, "Now Comes the Night" - it's a soft piano-ballad about growing old with the one you love, facing death, but not fearing it.

I posted the lyrics under the spoiler tag if you want to read them.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I don't have an absolute favorite song. I honestly don't. In all my years there's never been a top number one song on my list. To me it's like having to tell one of your kids that they're the FAVORITE NUMBER ONE SUPER BESTEST KID IN THE WORLD and the other one's great too, but not the best of the best. It just can't be comprehended in my head. The same applies for artists/bands, really. I go through phases where I listen to one in particular but I don't have a favorite. I can probably give you a couple that are in heavy rotation, but it would be "In no particular order" of course :D.

Let's see... The Used, The Mars Volta, My Chemical Romance, Howie Day, Maroon 5, Rob Thomas/Matchbox Twenty, Green Day... just to name a few.

C'mon, you're asking a girl that's got somewhere in the range of 2000 mp3s on her computer from every genre you can think of. Gimme some slack here!!

hey, don't hate on condoms.

so jess, do you like musicals?  if so, which one do you like most?  this can include pretty much anything where people bust out into song for like 1/3 of the movie/whatever.

I LOOOOOOOOOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE Musicals!!! Stage, mostly, though screen is ok too. My ALL TIME OMG HAVE TO WATCH IT WHENEVER IT COMES TO TOWN favorite musical is RENT. I've been a fan of it since somewhere around the 10th-11th grade. An internet buddy introduced me to it, and then in 11th grade I got the chance to see it live and in person. Since then I've been over the moon for it, and given a little warming up can probably recite to you the entirety of the songs. :D December 24th, 9 p.m., eastern standard time, from here on in I shoot without a script, see if anything comes of it, instead of my old shit... :D

AHHHHH I love it.

Outside of RENT, I also really love Les Miserables, Chicago, the Producers, Cabaret, and some lesser known stage play/musicals like Stephen Sondheim's Into the Woods and Sunday in the Park with George, Equus, I'm a Broadway nut. Sadly because of finances I haven't been to a show in a couple of years but if I ever have the chance to go to NYC, I'm gonna spend the entire time there seeing shows. That's the perfect new york vacation for me - outside of seeing my girl :D.

Stephen Sondheim's Into the Woods

OOOH! I have that on DVD! I love it. First saw it in the 7th grade and love it when PBS puts it on...finally my sister gave it to me for my 21st birthday.

It's raining. Do you like it when it rains?

Would you rather be inside or outside during a thunder/lightningless storm?

What is there to DO in Sarasota? I heard the beaches are gorgeous...

OOOH!  I have that on DVD!  I love it.  First saw it in the 7th grade and love it when PBS puts it on...finally my sister gave it to me for my 21st birthday.

It's raining.  Do you like it when it rains?

Would you rather be inside or outside during a thunder/lightningless storm?

What is there to DO in Sarasota?  I heard the beaches are gorgeous...

Only in an acid-induced musical like Into the Woods do you get to see an anatomically correct wolf - Claaaaaaaaassic.

I do like it when it rains. But only for part of the day, maybe a few days in a row, then a few days of sunshine. I love to be out in the rain but I'm scared I'll get hit by lightning so I stay in when there's a threat of it. I went to Epcot center in the rain - it was fucking FANTASTIC!!

Sarasota has a lot of cultural stuff - There's always something going on at the Van Wezel center for the performing arts, there's the Ringling Art Museum and Ca d'Zan (The restored residence of John & Mabel Ringling, lotta history and interesting stories there), a lot of small art/photography galleries, the Selby Gardens, there's the beaches (Siesta Key, Longboat Key, Anna Maria Island) and St Armand's Circle (Shopping and dining, a few malls, bars, clubs... It just kinda depends on what you're in the mood for and how much money you have to spend. If you live somewhere long enough you tend to say "There's nothing to do!" but as bored as I can get, there really is lots to do around here... I just seem to have done it all. But I promise if any of you ever comes down here for a visit, I'll take you for a tour. Breakfast at the Hungry Fox Treetop Bistro, shopping at St. Armand's circle, beach tour, as much as I can cram into what time you're here :D

Is cheese a good universal food?  you can slap cheese on alotta things... what you think? Me like cheese.

Cheese really is a universal food. "Cheese" is a generic term to describe what is the result, essentially, of curdled milk. Through careful consideration of climate, temperature, humidity, and length of time, cheese has been formed from the milk of several species of mammal, most commonly cattle and sheep, especially in America. However, milk from camels, llamas, bison, horses, yak, even deer have been used across the world, and as a result there are literally thousands of recognized cheese specimens, calling from every corner of the globe. Cheese can be categorized any number of ways, too. By texture, it can be sorted into hard, semi-hard, semi-soft, and soft (hmm... sounds like some guys I used to know...), and then sub-categorized into dense, grainy, chewy, creamy, pliable, elastic, satiny, waxy, smooth, even "resilient"(...again...like...some guys I knew...). By flavor type different cheeses can be described as buttery, nutty, sharp, sweet, tangy, toasty, smoky, earthy, herbal, mellow, or pungent (...I'm sensing a theme here.). It can be matched with every flavor of bread, every brand of beer, every color and flavor of wine. It can be coupled with fresh fruit, vegetables, pasta, meat, makes a great topper for soups, salads, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, bagels, even a plain saltene cracker becomes a fun snack with a little cheese. It wasn't so much "invented" as it was discovered, though. There isn't a point in human history where someone went and said "You know, I wonder what will happen if I take this milk and apply bacteria and heat, then allow to sit for a few days - eureka! Cheese!" No, it was more than likely by a series of unfortunate accidents, when early man left a container of milk to set in the sun and tried to perfect and consume the results. The results, we have found, can come in all shapes and sizes - ball, wheel, block, wedge, slice - small enough to carry in your pocket, and large enough to take up almost the entire floor of the foyer of the White House. Yes, I said it, the White House - home to the biggest "cheese" in the world, literally and figuratively. You see, Andrew Jackson wanted the White House to belong to the people so from time to time he opened his doors to those who wished an audience. In return for the generosity of his time, Jackson was showered with gifts... But his most famous gift was a gigantic cheese draped with Jackson slogans, bestowed in 1835 by the dairymen of Oswego County, New York, who had been supplying the White House with cheese since Jackson's election. At 1,400 pounds, four feet in diameter, and two feet thick, it arrived in a cart pulled by twenty-four gray horses. Jackson let it age for two years in the White House vestibule, then announced that on Washington's birthday, 1837, his last big reception before leaving office the next month, he would hold a cheese tasting. The public was invited. Shops and offices closed early, and a throng descended on the White House. The marshal of the city and his deputies screened people at the front door, but what a contemporary called 'rag-a-muffins of the city' got into the gardens, climbed to the terrace, and entered through the East Room windows to mix with congressmen, officers in dress uniform, and elaborately arrayed diplomats. The rooms overflowed with people, until the hall, the doorway, every possible space, were filled. The cheese was demolished in two hours; the White House floors and carpets were likewise demolished, and the mansion reeked of cheddar for months. So you see, my friends, cheese not only is a universal food, it also has historical value as well. It is an important staple in our every day lives, this tasty "mistake", so much so that in our natural lives, humans consume over a thousand pounds of cheese. It's fantastic to discuss with friends, to serve at dinners and luncheons, to bring to a party, or to snack on at home or work. Though, Jason, I must ask you to stop cutting the cheese in public - that just isn't very polite.

*takes a bow*

THANK YOU GOOD NIGHT!

i like to tear or crumble cheese... dont usually have a cheese grate handy, but I dont generally stress on whast polite or not anywho :D

why is homemade food better than company made? homemade ice cream, shakes, cookies, 5 course meals... I mean cracker barrell does a nice job trying to come close... but nothing beats the home. You would think a large chain who makes the saem thing hour after hour for years would master it.

Archived