Hondo's Bar

Nirvana

Reverend Jax

Which Nirvana Album do you listen to the most?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was unaware that Bleach was overplayed.

Ask the Bucket about the Box Set. He got it from his Secret Santa (lucky bastard). I believe he would say it is worth the cash. I'm still going with Unplugged. I wish I had more albums that satisfied my mellow mood like that album.

I've still not gotten With the Lights Out  is it worth the green?

Damn straight it is, I love it. It is certainly not for everyone, only the more dedicated of fans. If you're not, better off with the best of.

As for my fave album I can't get enough of, definitely In Utero. Never too far from my stereo, too many great songs, one for every mood.

Close 2nd would be Unplugged, then Nevermind in third.

Another In Utero here, too. Bleach is easily a close second though. Thing with Unplugged is here, every bogan, wigga, or other piece-of-shit sub-culture that shits itself from the backyards playing home to soo many garden-hose abortions(but sadly, not enough) has a copy, and they think it makes them spiritual. I try not to hold that against the album tho.

Wow... I AM in a bituva mood tonight...

Honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of people ragging on music for a) who else listens to it too and b) how 'overplayed' it is, like music is supposed to be an exclusive club. People sound like some kind of WASPs upset that they just allowed a negro to join their country club. Good tunes is good tunes, and any halfway decent song doesn't get old being overplayed. If you think a sound is overplayed, chances are you listen the radio too god damn much and that's your fault. Crappy song are always crappy, even if they're heard only once, great songs are great songs, even if you here them 10 times a day. I still think Smells Like Teen Spirit is a fantastic song, it's a great album opener and I never skip ahead when I listen to Nevermind. It's been played a zillion times and still sounds plenty fresh to me, exactly why I think it's a great song, even if it is just a rip-off of the Pixies (Kurt Cobain's own words, that guy cracks me up).

If you think a sound is overplayed, chances are you listen the radio too god damn much and that's your fault.

hahah its so true... I never listen to the radio though.. but on occasion when I do... I LOVE IT that Nirvana comes on a lot! so dont complain.. they could be playing something worse.. lol like hanson...

But, would you want to hear it over played on the radio? and Mmm Bop... is your favorite Hanson song... lol Where's the Love... now that ones... Im not going to finish..

Mmmm bop do bop bop doo wop doob doob doob

ep3606-hanson.jpg

Look at those guys. How could you not want to take them home in your pocket and listen to them jam every hour of every day. :D:D

Mmm Bop. Ooh Baby!

Edited by MyLeakyBucket

Green Day are good at it. When I saw them, they doused the drum set in gasoline, set it on fire and through the guitar and bass through the bass drum like spears. It wasn't what they did, but how they did it. And the footage of Hendrix setting his guitar on fire at the Monteray Pop Festival sends chills down my spine.

Man, how can ANY song live up to being overplayed? I know it was a judgemental call, but it's not a radio thing, it's every piece of crap waving this album like a banner because they think it makes them deep. Really it's like the church, to be honest. I stated tho, that I understand the difference between Artist & Audience, so I don't hate on the album so much as the people that listen to it & create said negative association. Aside from that, I went thru that album extensively, so it's like any other album that's been my favourite at any time... Tho Their cover of The Man who Sold the World? Never gonna be replaced.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Teenager finds photos of first Nirvana gig tucked inside her dad's books

Photographs of Nirvana’s first ever show have been uncovered – and tweeted by a teenager who had no idea what she was showing to the world. Maggie Poukkula, 19, tweeted the photos last week, observing they were photos of “my dad and Kurt Cobain playing together back in the day”.

Her father, Tony Poukkula, put on the show in his basement in Raymond, Washington, in spring 1987. He had known Cobain since childhood, and joined Nirvana – Cobain, Krist Novoselic and drummer Aaron Burckhard – for covers of two Led Zeppelin songs.

CJ_7kBXUMAAToIV.jpg

“I had no idea that those were during Nirvana’s first concert,” Poukkula told Rolling Stone. “My dad showed me them a while back, but he never mentioned that’s what was going on in the photos. I found out because of all the articles. I didn’t realise it was such a historical thing. I thought they were just cool pictures of my dad and Kurt jamming together.” She had found the photos inside her father’s books about Cobain and Nirvana.

CKh6dmHUsAAt4Ev.jpg

From rollingstone.com

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ncert-20150721

According to an incomplete set list from the show, Nirvana jammed on covers of Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker" and "How Many More Times," but also performed nascent versions of "Aero Zeppelin," "Mexican Seafood," "Pen Cap Chew," "Hairspray Queen," "Spank Thru" and "If You Must." A recording of the band's "Heartbreaker" jam appeared on the 2004 box set, With the Lights Out, while a bootleg version of "If You Must" is available on YouTube.

Poukkula's shots come on the heels of a deluge of rare Cobain and Nirvana artifacts, many of which were incorporated into Brett Morgen's acclaimed documentary, Montage of Heck. Morgen was given unprecedented access to Cobain's archives, comprising mountains of notebooks and hours of never-before-heard audio cassette tapes, which featured eerie Beatles covers and the noise collage that gave the film its title.