Hondo's Bar

Art Gallery

The NZA

So, im still figuring out dante's bold new layout, but I assure you there will be numerous new entires up there soon...I'm looking at taking out the graphic novel art; i love it, but our members provide more than enough without going outside Hondo's.

Coming up are more pieces by Coley & Silent Bob, as well as Dinghy's lovely art, and a piece by Aoi. Anyone I'm leaving out so far?

Yay!

Can't wait till we have our own place to showcase our stuff.

NB. I feel kinda bad becasue I don't know if it seemed like I was being bitchy but I said something that wasn't entirely positive about Aoi's last piece in the Gallery thread in culture. i think it is just a very personal issue that I have with the style of anime. Who knows, maybe in 50 years, or even less! Anime will be considered this great art form and then I'll feel like a total dope.

Yeah, i know some arent comfortable with american artists biting manga style, but its still a valid form, and when done right, can be quite beautiful...but its all the beholder's eyes and all anyway.

Regardless, if there's more pieces from your lovely site youd like posted up, pass them my way.

It is a great art form, it's just not everybody's cup o' tea. Like, I dunno...dadaism

Yes, I know I know. And that's why I've come out and admitted my clear bias against it.

You should know though that I love Miyazaki (sp) movies for example and am never sure if they are considered straight up "anime." Especially in spirited away, he gets so much emotion into the body language.

• 1 year later...

stop hatin' on the Duke! wha, youd prefer the earlier b&w version you did? i know i got a few of your pieces up, but you know i couldnt pass on that'n. it was a close call between him and smarmy giraffes.

ps feedback is good; glad you guys are liking it so far.

yeah, i know, ri...wait, fuck you! youll notice the 2-for-1 action your spidey got.

SO MANY GREAT PIECES! You guys are so fucking talented

i know, i keep lookin at it and thinking that...its gotta be one of our proudest sections.

Yeah Nick. Nice work on that flash thing. Its neat, clean and easy to navigate...just add some more stuff.

it was stillbored's setup, thanks again to him. and yeah, ive looked through a lot of our old shit to come up with what's there, but im happy to add anything people've got that i missed, as well as new pieces.

stop hatin' on the Duke! wha, youd prefer the earlier b&w version you did? i know i got a few of your pieces up, but you know i couldnt pass on that'n. it was a close call between him and smarmy giraffes.

ps feedback is good; glad you guys are liking it so far.

*cough*betterdukepicture*cough*

*cough*betterandbiggerdukepicture*cough*

I gotta say very nice. I like that feature that allows you to fully see the picture over on the right hand side of the screen.

I would suggest perhaps a description from all artists on their pieces and maybe a critique on your own work. Doens't have to be more than a couple of words... you know that way the viewer has more of a connection to your work.... something like that... yeah.

Is that option available?

Archived