Hondo's Bar

Who's the Better Bond?

archangel

Who's the Best James Bond?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh OHMSS wasn't that bad. It actually had some interesting stuff that helped define the character for later installments. But you're right, Lazenby himself wasn't that great. By the way, did you misspell Timothy Dalton's name on purpose so people would subliminally think he was lousy? He gets a bad rap, poor guy, I actually prefer his Bond to Roger Moore's.

I'm actually gonna go against what I'm sure will be everyone else's choice and pick Pierce. I think Brosnan has been the absolute perfect modern Bond, and GoldenEye still ranks as one of, if not the best Bond flick, right up there with Thunderball. Pierce perfectly captures both the dark professionalism of the character (see Bond shooting an assassin point blank in the head in Tomorrow Never Dies) and the fun-loving humor and one-liners. He also had, I thought, the best chemistry with Q (shame it only lasted three films) and M. On top of that, while Connery was superb in Dr No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball, I thought he really kinda phoned in his performances in his later Bond movies like You Only Live Twice and Diamonds Are Forever (and don't even get me started on Never Say Never Again), whereas Pierce seems willing to give it his all in every movie, even if the plot is Die Another Day-silly.

i didnt recall digging Dalton, but The Living Daylights was cool.

If Brosnan had more (and better, since the last 2 were weak) films under his belt, i think he'dve been a contender, but Sir Connery has wha, 12 or so solid ones going for him? Thunderball, You Only Die Twice, Dr No, From Russia With Love, some classics there....only one i recall not going for offhand was Diamonds are Forever.

What's the point of this poll, so everyone votes Connory and you are some how proven right.

What's next a poll to decide whether water is a)wet, or b)dry?

Who's the worst Bond, now that is up for debate. I agree it's probably Roger Moore. A most people who saw OHMSS barely believe what they are seeing is real and that's what I love about it. You watch it and think is this a real bond movie? Could Blofeld always ski?

If Brosnan had more (and better, since the last 2 were weak) films under his belt, i think he'dve been a contender, but Sir Connery has wha, 12 or so solid ones going for him?  Thunderball, You Only Die Twice, Dr No, From Russia With Love, some classics there....only one i recall not going for offhand was Diamonds are Forever.

Come on, man, 12 solid ones? He actually has only six (not counting Never Say Never Again, and for the sake of your argument you should be glad I don't count it). I'll grant you the first four are solid - Dr No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball - particularly the last two. But then, You Only Live Twice and Diamonds Are Forever? C'mon, even The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day are better than those.

yea, who did vote for Lazenby...that's just....frightning.

As for the movies: well, that's not a good argumen, Bob, and I'll tell you why.

The writers of the Bond Movies should all be taken out and systematically shot, then have the bullets billed to their families as a warning. The movies are usually horribly written, and I wonder what Flemming would think of them.

But the question here is the portrayal of James Bond. Which character really captures Bond.

No fucking way, Die Another Day had to be the worst Bond movie ever.

A lot of cool shit in the first half hour, the hover crafts, the sword fight, but even those didn't compensate for what followed. Ice Hotels (yeah I know they exist), out-surfing tidal-waves, invisible cars and a villain who by the end looked like something out of Megaman.

Not to mention Halle Berry's Keanu Reeves school of acting, and I'm sorry to say John Cleese has been comedy lead lately.

No don't get me wrong, I've got nothing but love for John Cleese but part of that love is knowing when to say stop, your just not funny anymore. The last good thing he did was probably Fierce Creatures, and that was just a poor man's Fish Called Wanda.

Have they had any final decision on who will play Bond in the next movie? I think Brosnan deserves a shot at going out on something of the quality of Goldeneye.

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel Craig...

daniel_craig.jpg

Say it isn't so...

Craig, who also had roles in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Road to Perdition, would follow Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan in the role of the suave spy. I like this guy...I don't know about liking him as "BOND" though... :pimp:

Eh, Ewan looks too young and innocent to play a man with a license to kill, but that's just my opinion.

But it's official, Daniel Craig is the new Bond.

daniel_craig3_1112901349.jpg

Good for him, he's a great actor and deserves the recognition. But Martin Campbell is going to have to make one helluva movie for me to buy him in the role.

Eh, Ewan looks too young and innocent to play a man with a license to kill, but that's just my opinion.

I never said he'd be good for the role, I just said it would be interesting. My opinion he makes a much more convincing Obi-Wan than he would a James Bond.

But it's official, Daniel Craig is the new Bond.

Yep it's been confirmed, although they said chances are he might have to dye his hair for the role, cuz the concent of a "blonde Bond" might not suit well with Bond fans.

Good for him, he's a great actor and deserves the recognition. But Martin Campbell is going to have to make one helluva movie for me to buy him in the role.

I heard once that Steven Spielberg had mentioned on countless occasions that he always wanted to direct a Bond movie, and that at one point, the Bond producers had actually considered having Spielberg direct a future Bond movie. I am not sure how that panned out though.

Well, it'll be interesting to see exactly how he does this. This could have some serious potential. We'll see how it plays out.

I do have some recommendations for the Casting Call.

The Role of M should be played, as it is in the books, by a man. This man should be Sean Connery. I figure it would be the best sort of cameo :2T:

The Role of M should be played, as it is in the books, by a man. This man should be Sean Connery. I figure it would be the best sort of cameo

Yeah I think they would have to find a replacement for the role of M, because if I am not mistaken, Judi Dench (who played M in the last few Bond films) died not too long ago (I could be wrong but that's what I heard). I would love to see Sean Connery appear in future Bond films, perhaps as part of the MI6 team, or maybe even as a Bond villain.

Archived