Hondo's Bar

Silent Hill

Jont

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one of the best things about the games was that they could scare you without even using monsters, but the movie will have to use them sometime and how they use them could make or break the movie.

silenthill07.jpg

As far as I know this is the only glimpse of them so far, by the looks of their adorable little hands they're the evil midgets from the start of the first game. Trouble is in the first game they were weird and creepy, helped a lot by the School setting, in the movie if they're not done right they could just look like Ghoulies

The image works perfectly for me, but if it doesn't just google search Ghoulies and see if that rings any pink neon eighties-bells.

I don't realy know that game you mentioned and I'm struggling to see anything remotely pyramid head shaped in the screen shots.

Shit...nice find, Jont. Those are great looking shots. I dont expect it to follow any particular chapter much, its more a plot-connected series than anything....besides, if that's the heroine, than part 3'd be the closest one, which makes no sense until you play 1.

Like Resident Evil, i expect it to loosely follow, just hopin its damn scary, and like Jont says, doesnt rely on showing you the demons much, but when it does....man, if its the little kids, they need to talk to the Ju-On people.

ps well, there is that female cop....

• 4 weeks later...

Cool, a thread of it's own.

I was wrong it seems, according to Imdb.com Sean Bean will be playing a new character called Christopher.

The good news is that while looking I saw that Akira Yamaoka, the sound designer from the games will be supplying the music and hopefully plenty of grinding sound effects too.

D19_100R.jpg

The Silent Hill teaser site is up, at first glance there isn't much up there apart from a pretty faithful intro sequence (that gave me goosebumps by the way)

But click through the Design a poster section and you'll have access to a copious amount of screen shots.

But check out those rules

# No nudity or sexual activity

# No gun to camera/no shooting to camera

# No gun to victim/no shooting to victim

# No more than 2 guns may appear

# No reference to drugs/drug paraphernalia

# No offensive language or gestures

# No blood

# No violence towards women

# No cruelty to animals

# No mutations/mutilations/cadavers

# No excessive violence or brutality

# No rape/molestations

# No people on fire

# No people in explosion/people blown out of explosion

# No exploiting/capitalizing on rating (i.e., "R has never gone this far", "Banned in Boston")

# No demeaning of religion, race or national origin

A direct link to the screenshots.

And one that I think wasn't included because of that sissy no cadavers rule.

silenthillpic15.jpg

And one that just wasn't included.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/img/story/silenthillpic19.jpg

I haven't seen Doom yet, but it seems like a pretty cool remake of Aliens, but with demons (or did they make them mutants, or something) I'll probably download it some time.

Getting back to Silent Hill, I must of forgot to put the link up to the Silent Hill site

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/

Everyone should look at the teaser there (if it doesn't show click on replay intro)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nurses!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

A new monster!

Pyramid Head!

The movies out in a month, I really need to stop looking up shit about Silent Hill, I've said too much already.

Fuck YEAH! THis is going to be awesome! It definitely looks way cooler than the RE movies (sadly cuz I'm a huge fan!). SH is spooky shiz. I'm not even done with part 2 yet cuz I'm a freagin' pussy. Ahhh!!! I don't know this Pyramid fellow yet, but I'm pissing ma pants just imagining what's he alla bout.

Hey MH, I'm with you: MOST EXCITED! Ohhhhh I think I came allova myself. :2T:

I'm not even done with part 2 yet cuz I'm a freagin' pussy. Ahhh!!! I don't know this Pyramid fellow yet, but I'm pissing ma pants just imagining what's he alla bout.

Then you must not be far into number 2, he's a recurring adversary in the second game, you see him first in the apartment building.

Hehe... actually I am at the apartment buildings... OOHHHHHHH!!!! Yeah I think I did see him!!! He's that guy behind the bars on the second/third floor, right???? AHHhh that's him???? :birf:

I'm so going to play this when I get home. Fuck tennis for today. I need to grow some cojones :2T:

Nice post man. That movie looks very Very good. It is hardly getting any press though being about a month or so away from release? Has that changed? Looks good though! :2T:

I think it's got some press in dedicated horror mags, I'd expect it to appear in some advertising features on set reports in the next round of movie mags on the shelves.

More images.

Possible spoilers, if you clicked on the last set of spoiler tags you wont learn anything new, but these look fucking awesome.

Archived