Hondo's Bar

Best Video Games

MusicManiac

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hah! cant argue witth that list...

forgot all about Shadow Dancer, i used to play that one a lot. Part IV was alright too, but not as much fun.

Shining in the Darkness was awesome, i went back to beat that one twice. The sereis turned into the original strategy RPG with Shining Force (fuck, i never got to play part 2!) but the original was a classic too, good call.

You know another great one? cant remembe if i put it out there before, but EA did this one called Starflight or something like that, youd buy & name your own ship, pick the crew, then go mine and scout other planets, work with other races (who were at war, and worked well with you dpeending on who you had on board), found wormholes in space, and eventually, saved the universe from a nova. Shit was a classic game that not enough people played.

starflight_200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Zonk was so different, took some gettin used to.

You got all the ones i recall there, except the most tragic RPG i ever saw, Cosmic Fantasy 2....christ.

man, the japanese version (PC Engine) was said to have some great games, though.

i think half life the original went to ps/ps2, as for half life two im not sure if sierra thought that much into it after the original didnt do wonders on the playstation.....

it would be interesting to see how it maps over.... either way, its a damn good find if you manage to get it on pc... or if you have one, xbox...

i am yet to xbox it but even still id say its an awesome game to play.. i shudder in excitement to see what the graphics would be like on the xbox.... and see how they match up to pc graphics....

the main thing in half life two that sealed it for me was the electro magnetic gun.... nothing beats picking up a desk and killing someone with it..... using electro magnetic force

i think half life the original went to ps/ps2, as for half life two im not sure if sierra thought that much into it after the original didnt do wonders on the playstation.....

it would be interesting to see how it maps over.... either way, its a damn good find if you manage to get it on pc... or if you have one, xbox...

my PC's kinda shit and ive no x-box, so if half-life 1 came out good for PS2 and you guys recommend it, ill rent it.

id say your best of going for a rent-a-job and if you like it, id say its going fairly cheap, but its going to be one of those awkward to get classics like final fantasy 7 is over here.....

i want a copy of that game on the playstation.... but back to the point, i cannot emphasise how much half like kicks ass... it brings out the gamer in me... makes me proud to say ive spent 4 months of my life playing out every detail of the game on all the difficulties....

as first person shooters go, it doesnt have the thought as hitman, which if your in a bad mood, is good, but its fairly fast paced and is a fairly original concept too....

the gameplay caught me, the storyline addicted me

It's a little too dated in my book. I mean don't get me wrong I love going back after so long and having a good go on it, and the online gameplay on PC is KICK ARSE. What it all boils down to though is I could be playing Blood Money instead of HL when the time comes around... hahahaha

well at this stage the original would be somewhat dated... not having played half life on ps2 im not sure how it ported but it would be interesting as all hell to play it.....

half life two was very resource heavy and it was a little tempermental too, but if youve got the right pc behind you it plays along like a well tuned orchestra....

the storyline is not so much scary as it is twisted....

it streched my graphics card to its entities and back...

it was a bit hard to get into id say if you hadnt played the original but either way it made for a spectacular play..

for me one of the most groundbreaking games in recent times was max payne.... there was something about the gameplay in that for me that really caught my attention, the bullet time was a nice feature too... but the way it integrated its story into a slick comic book was pretty sweet not to mention the interactivity with it and the detail....

now its a bit dated but i hope they make another one and this time allow him to change facial expression.....

either way, this is up there with half life for me as another hall of famer...... i was hooked on this for a good few months and it was a few months very well spent

funny, i was just gettin back into Max Payne - and yeah, the noir, the bullet time, the comic scenes, it was cool shit, definitely something different for its time. Did 2 turn out any good?

His face never did change, but Junkerseed used to go on about this kung-fu mod for the PC version, never got to see it in action tho.

Archived