Hondo's Bar

Best Video Games

MusicManiac

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fucking loved theif!

before I got a better system I could play it with a nice smooth frame rate, even on my 8 meg intergrated graphics card! 128 meg ram, 1 gig processor.

For the time it was a really advanced game engine. Guards getting suspicious when finding bodies. I really liked the sword fighting element too.

hahaha, that's one beefy controller MM.

Of course the theif thing got old by the time they put it into next gen graphics. The season had passed, it really didn't give me the same feeling I got with the first one. I suppose it's cause of MGS and the like. Still it was a good addition to the series.

Sonny, they even have a Chainsaw controller man...

re4chain.jpg

It's a little overkill though... get it? Overki....nevamind... :huh:

christ, i forgot bout that one!

that's up there with panch's spidey cotnroller, was such a letdown when you realized that, the ads in the comics showed the controller cord as webbing-style, but its not.

We should do a controller poll, just so you guys can try to find anything that's nearly as good as the NES advantage was.

any of the tenchu games were fairly gorey too, i had tenchu 2.... savage game, nothin beats jumping off a building and snapping some dudes neck mid air and the sound and everything was almost orgasmical.... it was the kinda stuff gore freaks dream of.... there was also the hack slash action too which had its merits

any of the tenchu games were fairly gorey too, i had tenchu 2.... savage game, nothin beats jumping off a building and snapping some dudes neck mid air and the sound and everything was almost orgasmical.... it was the kinda stuff gore freaks dream of.... there was also the hack slash action too which had its merits

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh: Yeah baby!

Holy fuck!, Didn't think anyone played Tenchu games!

Me and my mate picked it up in a bargain bin once, we must have played the multiplayer for about 8 hours straight. The characters were fucking brilliant!

Anyone get a chance to play as the fucking baby-headded doll, with the wooden body?

I only had part 1 for ps1 but it was cool shit, just hard. I never got the engine down, but Jumbie mastered that shit.

Im renting the PS2 one soon, is it up to snuff?

i cant help but thinking that the latter gta series were somewhat gory, butchering people with chainsaws, baseball bats and walking away with bloody footprints.... besides that its a great play and it really pushes the limits on what you can do on a ps2... especially in san andreas, is intensely mind boggling

I've finished Half Life 2: Episode one, so I booted up the original Half Life, the graphics are still solid, but what I really missed were the gibs. Don't get me wrong, ragdoll physics are great but when I blow up a soldier with a grenade, I want him to look thoroughly deaded. Plus you could kill your allies and the game wouldn't punish you, unless you needed them to open a door or something.

Though Half Life 2 did let you set things on fire.

350px-Ravenholm_zombies.jpg

and in fairness do this.

hl2.jpg

But I miss crouching with my crowbar and whacking a zombie until it inexplicably exploded.

Well when you say watch the body parts fly everywhere, you mean watch a zombies legs separated from it's torso, because that's the only sort of mutilation you see. You could hit them with a rocket, they only ever separate at that exact spot.

It is cool when the top half crawls after you though.

The Kain games were the balls.

shadowm.jpg

I loved this game. part 1 more than 2, but both greatm, in it's time. You get to play as a transformed paranormal soul searcher involved in a plot to recapture the souls of 5 or so serial killers before they wreak havok in the real world. You transverse to the underworld or "deadside" as they call it, warping back in forth as the game unfolds.

From the opening with Jack the Ripper making a pact with the devil to the eerie sounds of Beethovan's Fur Elise being played in the background, to the takedown of the Lizard King killer later in the game, these games for me, had me addicted, scared and bewildred. great games.

Shadowman%20PS2.jpg

shadowman.JPG

Archived