Hondo's Bar

Blades & replicas

The NZA

Ive got a few interesting knockoffs, myself - katana set that's only good for show, an axe ive wilded down to the point of breaking, this sabre :pinch: left me from god knows where, one genuine katana that serves as a sakabato (i kept it unsharpened), and a highlander knockoff one that's cool looking but poorly built:

HII%20katana%20detail%202.jpg

Been meaning to pick up a shinai (bamboo practice sword) but i havnet done any kendo in a long time, and ive got a decent boken (wooden sword) in the meantime anyway....but this thread'll mostly be about replicas and show, since i figure there's not many here that keep any practical ones.

now, Newtype recently picked up an awesoem one, Link'a Master Sword from the Zelda series...

KIF_0585.jpg

which seemed like it was decent quality for the money, and the thing is, that vendor has a shit-ton of other cool ones, like Thundercats, Final Fantasy (Cloud's buster sword, gunblades, etc), Kingdom Hearts, batarangs, shields, all kindsa shit:

Super Sword Center

also, good wooden knockoffs of the same stuff from a seller called easilysuede on Ebay. Anyway, just watned to see who else was into this kinda stuff, wasnt sure which forum to go in, but this'll do for now.

Shit, that buster sword's the best replica ive seen of it, good find newtype...nice materia slots, even..heh.

and that actual sakabato, id just cut myself to shit on it. Hey Al, still wanna trade up for Best Buy dollars & cash? Lemme know before i go buy something.

• 3 weeks later...

I usedta have a shiteload of replica Kitanas & whatnot, pride of the collection was the official Sword of the Daywalker tho. You'd be surprised how cumbersome that many swords can be to someone who moves between cities on average twice a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldja believe Nick, I actually kinda got a hold've the guy who took the Daywalker Sword off my hands(friend of a friend I ain't seen in years) but I doubt he's gonna do business with me now since the last prank I pulled had him throwing up for 3 hours. Funny story actually...

• 1 year later...
nice. any idea how large/heavy? ive seen similar ones for Cloud, but theyre usually pretty far off the mark.

They have a sword and knife shop inside the Dolphin Mall (inside the Dolphin Jewelry Exchange) and I've seen them sell life-size replicas of not only Cloud's Buster sword, but also Squall's Gunblade from FF8, and Paine's sword from FFX-2.

They have a sword and knife shop inside the Dolphin Mall (inside the Dolphin Jewelry Exchange) and I've seen them sell life-size replicas of not only Cloud's Buster sword, but also Squall's Gunblade from FF8, and Paine's sword from FFX-2.

no shit, really? whereabouts? ive never seen this place, that's awesome. if they have the kingdom hearts keyblade that ive seen, you should think about it for arc/satcha!

DoJ: check ebay, i swear ive seen replicas of that.

You guys don't know how grateful I'm of creating this thread. I've searched in vain on internet for swords and katanas. But every time I founded some good store either they dont ship worldwide or its too freaking expensive. So now, Im gonna start saving to buy:

-Kenshin's sakabatou

-Gally's Damascus blade

-Gut's sword

and some katanas for me and to give as a present to some friends.

no shit, really? whereabouts? ive never seen this place, that's awesome. if they have the kingdom hearts keyblade that ive seen

When you enter the mall from the main entrance (with the outside escalators), just go in and make the first left. It's a pretty big store hard to miss. The sword section I think is on the far right side. Like I said, I seen Cloud's Buster sword (it's big, but nowhere near to scale as in the game), also Squall's gunblade, and Paine's sword. Dunno if they have the Keyblade from KH, but I could check next time.

you should think about it for arc/satcha!

Actually I thought about getting the gunblade for Arc one year, but Satcha talked me out of it, saying it was too expensive (it was like $200).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived