Hondo's Bar

Pick one

what, no the exorcist? i would do it on that one in a heartbeat.

sixth sense was great

stir of echos was decent but i don't think i'd ever watch it again. one of those, "once you've seen it..." movies

white noise was a lot better than the reviews made it out to be. there's a lot to be said for lowered expectations. but it was another "once you've seen it..." movie

if she's only allowed to do ghost/haunting type movies, i would go for the others.

Anyone ever see Frequency. That was a twist on supernaturalevents. It wasn't really horror.

I thought Frequency was great, but I didn't think it was logical. If he changed the events of the past, wouldn't he automatically forget the original events, thus making it impossible for him to know really know what was going to happen? It was just another of those time travel things.

As for White Noise, I bought it at the $4.99 bin at Blockbuster.... it wasn't that good in my opinion, the plot moved too fast and didn't explain enough, and then there was the predictable ending, and the kind of dumb special effects... and then he... wait, I won't give away the ending. BAD ME!!! I do that sometimes unwillingly.

Anyway, I'd say go with The Sixth Sense.

still wanna see white noise - jont, what are the last 2 on your list like?

Session 9 is definitely one of the best horror movies of the last decade, is from the director of the Machinist, but it's a much tighter, better written movie it's got a great script and a great cast (Peter Mulan, David Caruso). It's about a crew of asbestos removers sent to an abandoned psychiatric hospital which would have been one of the greatest sets built for film, if it were a set, it's a real life building with a history of genuine tragedy. I won't tell you any more except that the horror is mostly psychological, and arguably doesn't involve the supernatural.

I don't think I have enough time to go into Twin Peaks here, but I will say this, the TV series for the most part is the visual equivalent of a slice of pie and a damn fine cup of coffee, sweet satisfying and stimulating. What I love about it as a piece of horror (although it bends genres) is that it pulls off the light side of things as effectively as the dark. The movie version is more of the same, but with a much darker slant, I recomend you watch the series first.

Saw it about a month ago. Everyone needs to see American Haunting. Lolzors. I don't think I can describe that movie but um, yeah. It kept me entertained.

It took me a while to remember which movie Stir of Echoes was, but I remember it now and it was pretty good, not very original, but the script was decent and Kevin Bacon's never been bad in anything.

Archived