Hondo's Bar

MetalHeart's Music

MetalHeart

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Ok, I've been playing around with my new toys (sweet sweet recording stuff!) and while I haven't quite got it down yet, I did manage to get one song down. It's an older one that I re-recorded, and while the piano is simple, I find that it's quite beautiful. So I hope you guys think the same! You can listen to it on my music myspace:

Mirror - www.myspace.com/rachaellandmusic

Mirror, right? i liked the last cut, but this one's pretty crisp, i really like it! the piano's prominent but background enough to be haunting during much of the song, and your tori-esque vocals are more pronounced than before as well, and it really comes through around 1:55 when you get all totes passionate and all. The piano solo following that has the range like some of the tracks i liked off of "all that could've been" and overall, i think its my favorite piece of yours so far, rary-ray!

What equipment did you end up getting? I'm starting to wonder if you've resolved yourself to just sharing this with friends or if you're planning on taking this on a larger local level or something, 'cause we've talked about my fondness for the ivories but even your vocal stylings're sharpening, you've clearly been practicing.

Thank you! I'm working on doing the piano separately then adding vocals to get everything recorded crisply and nicely. THIS is the package I got, and it comes with some cool mics but I can't seem to figure them out yet, or get them to work, so I'm using a Shure mic that I already had... and I know I'll have to get used to this if I ever do make something of myself, but it's so damn hard to play and sing separately... so I'm trying to step it up and figure out to make those fuckers work! haha. I can record two tracks at the same time, and I have a pretty good setup so far. Still messing around with all the options and playing around figuring stuff out.

Thanks for listening <33 I don't have extremely complicated songs, but this one is definitely simple compared to others.. but I prefer simplicate (is that a word??) beauty so complicated jumble-ness, so hopefully others will feel the same :sad:

Also you have no idea how much it means to me to be compared to Trent. No idea.

As far as how far out I'm reaching with my music so far... I'm waiting to get as much converted over as I can. But honestly I don't really know where to go from there. A friend of mine has taken it upon himself to pimp my music out to friends and people he knows, so that's super sweet. I think though I can ask Hannah Fury for advice, as she's super nice and I've kind of known her for awhile. It took her years, but she is well known all over the states now and even across different continents! She's very awesome as well.

Still working on recording, and I've got to admit. At first it seemed to be going so smoothly!! But man is it hard work. I can spend a whole day trying to get a song right. But it's all worth it, that's for sure. (ASC, I am definitely trying to get Wax done, but she just doesn't feel like it right now, haha).

Anyhow, "Another" is up, and "Another [Lanrek Remix]. Have a listen! Lemme know what you cats think.

Also new pics for the page:

l_61a1a71b639d72c7c4c5bf757794b8f7.gif

l_d54ccb2c7b6950dced446d666021df7d.gif

l_8f9881957342742461f6c0a20a822fa7.gif

l_5557da6f5a15c3007c08421fcce0f3f2.gif

I work with the lid down and up depending on what song it is or what sound I want. For the most part, it works better down... which to me would seem the other way around. I have a mic that hangs over behind it and it picks up the piano so wonderfully but not my voice, so I can sing and get my piano track, then redo the vocals. So awesome.

l_b086d3cad1e761c13581775973036ac2.gif

l_0f5c1efcdb7f9c53a06df0c93a6f145f.jpg

New song "Family Fire" is up on the page.

Still going to be working on the kinks, prolly re-upload a new version once I get the time to work on it some more, but I like how it's sounding and I'm too excited to wait on it, heh. I need to stop jumping the gun on these things, but I just can't help it.

Have a listen, and give me some of that delicious feedback I so desperately crave.

Are you guys tired of me yet? Well too bad! ha.

Copy and pasted from my bulletin post on Myspace:

Check out the new short film "The Call" by Tinashe Nyatanga (Website // Myspace) which features "Another"! It's really exciting to see my music in such a nice piece. While you're there, definitely be sure to watch some of the other videos that are up (especially Deck The Halls With Blood).

Check out this video: The Call

Add%20to%20My%20Profile | More%20Videos

Mainly for Rach, but yeah. Been playing around a bit with the vocal track to "Another", and I found a way to completely change the music, mwahahahahahahaha.

Not that I want to, but it makes for "mwahaha" moments like the above, and will make remixing easier.

MH, i was listening to your rerecorded stuff on myspace and it sounds fucking amazing. the sound is so clear and you can really tell how beautiful your voice really is...i hope you will remember all the little people when you go on tour with tori one day. :morepics:

• 1 month later...

Archived