Hondo's Bar

Hot Fuzz

From wikipedia

The plot, paying homage to the cop movie genre, revolves around London policeman Nicholas Angel (Pegg), who is so good at his job he's making his colleagues look bad. He's transferred to the village of Sandford in Somerset, where he's partnered with the oafish but well-meaning Constable Danny Butterman (Frost), who dreams of being Mel Gibson. Grisly events begin to take place in the rural village, and it's up to Angel and Butterman to sort it out.

From what ive seen in trailors, its to be just as funny and randomly outrageous as pegg's usual work, frost again playing the idiot role which he fills so well...

It is due to hit our screens over here next feburary, as soon as ive a date for america (which i hope happens) i'll let you know... However, it is a film about english policing so i'm not so sure what the situation is there...

The trailor has lots of guns... in a small rural village... What is there not to like :lush:

From wikipedia

From what ive seen in trailors, its to be just as funny and randomly outrageous as pegg's usual work, frost again playing the idiot role which he fills so well...

It is due to hit our screens over here next feburary, as soon as ive a date for america (which i hope happens) i'll let you know... However, it is a film about english policing so i'm not so sure what the situation is there...

The trailor has lots of guns... in a small rural village... What is there not to like :lush:

:eh: Sounds interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll give it a chance.

After picking up Children of Men, and Beerfest on DVD last weekend, i'm banned by Nanno from Picking films for a while, i'll see if i can persuade her to go to this though.

It does look funny, bit i liked in the trailer was when pegg was leaping over the fences like Beef or Salmon, then the fat bloke just smashes one of them!

I'll give it a chance.

After picking up Children of Men, and Beerfest on DVD last weekend, i'm banned by Nanno from Picking films for a while, i'll see if i can persuade her to go to this though.

Children of Men was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Touching, realistic, innovative, excellent performances....that shit should have gotten an Oscar!

EDIT: Oh and Hot Fuzz was fuckin great. Not as good as SOTD but still great. I'm recommending it to the tramps on the street cos everyone else is sick of me talkin about it.

Archived