Hondo's Bar

Borat: Cultural thread for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

TulipO

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

story.baron.cohen.jpg

Haha, first Kazakhstan, now those frat assholes are trying to sue for looking like assholes, proving once again the only way you get to be more of a d-bag is through litigation.

Two fraternity boys want to make lawsuit against "Borat" over their drunken appearance in the hit movie.

The legal action filed Thursday on their behalf claims they were duped into appearing in the spoof documentary "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," in which they made racist and sexist comments on camera.

The young men "engaged in behavior that they otherwise would not have engaged in," the lawsuit says.

Yeah, id be saying that shit, too.

If they signed wavers, they have no case. It's not like they were hidden cameras.

When getting into a contract you must be of sound mind or else it can be made null and void in court. At last my years, months, days, how ever long I went into it instead of drinking, posting on "Preachers" or looking for trim amount of law-school have paid off!

These guys are cocks. I'm sure they're completly different in real-er life.

Dont look now; more whiny crybabies are upset that they got duped, or more specifically, that a comedic genuis banked at their expense.

Cohen's behavior also wasn't funny to former TV producer Dharma Arthur, who claims she was duped into giving Cohen airtime on a morning show segment in Jackson, Mississippi. Cohen's live appearance, in which he said he had to go "urine" and hugged a bemused weatherman, led her life into a downward spiral, she told the AP. She is seeking an apology.

she got fired soon after, but yeah, i wish borat would come to my job and totally send my life into a downward spiral.

Anyway, the link is interesting cause it outlines who got duped, and who was in on the joke, by the end of it.

Taken from: http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/14/did-borat-pr...w-over-suckers/

There's a debate raging in Hollywood over the making of the "Borat" movie and whether producers deceived the people who appeared in the film. Well, if there was deceit, it could cost FOX plenty, but it's peanuts compared to the money the studio is raking in.

Two frat boys who appeared onscreen in a drunken, racial rant are now suing producers, claiming they were told the movie was a TV documentary authorized by the government of Kazakhstan and that it would never be shown in the U.S. A driving school owner also featured in the film told TMZ exactly the same story.

Here's the deal. If someone lies to you to get you to sign a legal document -- in this case, a release allowing producers to include you in a film -- whatever you subsequently sign may not be legally binding. It's called fraud in the inducement, meaning someone induces you to sign an otherwise binding contract under false pretenses.

TMZ has done some digging, and everyone we've spoken with, who was featured in the film, told us the same tale of woe -- that they were all led to believe their fellow "US and A" citizens would never know what they did on camera.

This could be a fascinating case if it makes it to court. On the one hand, you have producers who could look like greedy, double-dealing schmucks trying to bamboozle ordinary folk. On the other hand, how's a jury gonna feel about two racist frat boys who expected that their prejudices would be a secret protected by the Atlantic Ocean?

FOX has simply said the lawsuit is without merit. Here's the reality: The studio may end up paying off some of the featured "performers." Maybe they'll each get 25 grand. Compare that to a movie that could rake in hundreds of millions of dollars. If that's the cost of doing business, then sign everyone up.

If FOX did the dirty deed, at the end of the day, the message to other studios is clear: Do whatever it takes to make a hit movie, because you'll score big-time in the end.

It would be really fucked up if they did in fact lie about the contents of the documents to get them to sign, but it's a dumbass fucking move on all the people who participated's part if they didn't read what the hell it said first. Also, the fact that they say they didn't think it would be shown in the United States doesn't grant you the right to be a complete fucking idiot.

Hail Borat and the fools it makes of people.

-edited to include full article-

Well, how else can you expect over-privledged racist, sexist little pricks to act? Other than like racist, sexist, over-privledged little pricks.

"Th-that guy exposed me for who I really am! HOW DARE HE!"

Incidentally, the "Throw the Jew Down the Well" segment was filmed in Tucson...I gotta get out of here.

Taken from: http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/14/did-borat-pr...w-over-suckers/

It would be really fucked up if they did in fact lie about the contents of the documents to get them to sign, but it's a dumbass fucking move on all the people who participated's part if they didn't read what the hell it said first. Also, the fact that they say they didn't think it would be shown in the United States doesn't grant you the right to be a complete fucking idiot.

Hail Borat and the fools it makes of people.

-edited to include full article-

Emotionally, I feel it's really their own fault for not reading what they signed. Isn't it allways harped on that you should do so? Something tells me that this wouldn't be an issue if a) they didn't make fools of themselves on the assumption that their peers wouldn't find out, and b) the movie didn't make money.

*hears something* Well, I am needed elsewhere. Captain Obvious, away!!!

Borat addresses the whiny bitches

"The joke is not on Kazakhstan," he said. "I think the joke is on people who can believe that the Kazakhstan that I describe can exist -- who believe that there's a country where homosexuals wear blue hats and the women live in cages and they drink fermented horse urine."

"I think part of the movie shows the absurdity of holding any form of racial prejudice, whether it's hatred of African-Americans or of Jews," said Baron Cohen, a devout Jew who keeps Kosher and observes the Sabbath when he can.

, who looks annoyed, which makes it better cause letterman sucks.

Archived