Hondo's Bar

Best HBO original series

The NZA

HBO series  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just wanted to say that after watching the first three episodes of the Wire... I'm hooked. Seriously this show picks up after every episode. I like how each intro has a quote that's basically the highlight of that episode.

Like many great shows, the characters have unique personalities and has their defaults, for instance some are alcoholics and others have a "power" superiority complex. In some of the scenes, the show almost antagonizes cops because of how they handle certain situations... and I'm like... "wtf!?!? That was uncalled for..."

All in all it's interesting and very addicting... (so far)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add...

Some of the material in this show is tough to see (well, for me at least)... I feel it especially for the young kids who have no real opportunity to do anything good for themselves... they're just stuck in a situation that's terrible... I feel so damn bad for them... It's like you know shits bad in some places in the world, especially in the projects... ya know? Life is hard for them and dangerous... :2T:

• 6 months later...

well, i mean, make a thread for it & educate us! i saw your youtube links but theyre blocked from work, so ill have to check it out later. meantime, get off my Arrested Development thread! wait, fuck. HBO thread.

ps check the sopranos thread when you can, i know you were talkin bout the ending too.

So I caught the 1st season of Carnivale and see what Ly's saying. I'm holding out to actually purchase the second season instead of renting it. Bought The Wire & Sopranos though, and am pretty happy there. Stupid me wiki'd Carnivale so there's not a lot of suprise left now, but an update says there ould be a telemovie to wrap things up, if not a possible season 3.

I've been meaning to watch Carnivale. After I finished The WIre (which is a great fucking show) I saw a couple of episodes of Deadwood. It bored the bajeabaus out of me. I just couldn't get past the fourth episode... Movies or shows that are slow paced are usually not me cup of tea.

I also finished watching Rome a couple of weeks back and that was superb. I recomend it to everyone. The story is a bit political being it Julius Ceaser's rome, his war with Pompei, then being accused of being a Tyrant by the Senators, being murdered, to his nephew winning the crown, etc. (this isn't a spoiler because this actually happened in history!) But yeah, watch it.

Oh ... Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus :fuming:

rom111.jpg

So I caught the 1st season of Carnivale and see what Ly's saying. I'm holding out to actually purchase the second season instead of renting it. Bought The Wire & Sopranos though, and am pretty happy there. Stupid me wiki'd Carnivale so there's not a lot of suprise left now, but an update says there ould be a telemovie to wrap things up, if not a possible season 3.

One of us, one of us!

That would great (concerning the movie or extra season). Where did you hear that, though?

I've been meaning to watch Carnivale. After I finished The WIre (which is a great fucking show) I saw a couple of episodes of Deadwood. It bored the bajeabaus out of me. I just couldn't get past the fourth episode... Movies or shows that are slow paced are usually not me cup of tea.

You should watch it (sorry to hear about Deadwod).

I also finished watching Rome a couple of weeks back and that was superb. I recomend it to everyone. The story is a bit political being it Julius Ceaser's rome, his war with Pompei, then being accused of being a Tyrant by the Senators, being murdered, to his nephew winning the crown, etc. (this isn't a spoiler because this actually happened in history!) But yeah, watch it.

Oh ... Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus :drool:

rom111.jpg

OMGSPOILER! :2T:

You should watch it (sorry to hear about Deadwod).

OMGSPOILER! :)

I'll definitely try Carnivale this weekend, but Deadwood... it's just that it's way too slow paced for me!! It bored me! I was intrigued at first but it just didn't do it for me... I know when it develops it gets good but, ah...

SPOILER? But but but but, it happened in real life!!!

I'll definitely try Carnivale this weekend, but Deadwood... it's just that it's way too slow paced for me!! It bored me! I was intrigued at first but it just didn't do it for me... I know when it develops it gets good but, ah...

Yesssss... Join usssss.

SPOILER? But but but but, it happened in real life!!!

well, yeah, hence the joke. :p

Just wrapped up season 2 of Carnivale and while I dug it, Wiki answered a lot more questions that the show did about stuff like Lodz & others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniv%C3%A0le

Downa bottom it mentions a few options for the future, but as Alana pointed out, that info's dated '05 at this point. EVERYONE GO OUT AND BUY SEASONS 1 & 2 SO HBO MAKE MORE!!!

Archived