Hondo's Bar

The Ultimate Sci-Fi series

The NZA

Sci-Fi series  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 11 months later...
And fuckatrek. That's where I draw the nerd line.

Same here. Fuck that!!

It has to be LOTR, just because G. Lucas has become a total wanker over the years. Otherwise it would have been Star Wars.

Come on, ESB is one of the greates movies ever made!!!

Leia: I love you.

Han Solo: Suck my cock! I know.

It has to be LOTR, just because G. Lucas has become a total wanker over the years. Otherwise it would have been Star Wars.

Oh, fuck you. Walt Disney was a Nazi sympathizer, Roman Polanski and Woody Allen are pedophiles, and Pee Wee Herman masturbates in public places, but that's got nothing to do with nothing when it comes to their work. If you can actually watch something, have an option about it, then have your opinion change when you learn something about a person involved in it, you are a tool.

agreed. lord of the rings was an awesome trilogy. fantasy really wasnt my thing until the rings. now im reading robert jordan, which is awesome. but god i really want a new star trek series to come out already. hurry the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!

Damn shame about Jordan. Check out A Game of Thrones, by the way.

Generally yes LOTR is the winner purely because rings was a solid trilogy. Peter Jackson barely put a foot wrong with em. ST and SW had their hiccups all too often.

I know i run the risk of an epic teabagging from nick for saying this but I voted for my favourite sci fi franchise and chose trek.

BTW Nick, am i to understand you dont like LOTR?? Geez seems like Kevin Smith is the new Oprah. If you dont i shall exact my revenge by setting up a transformers/LOTR fan site...

Oh, fuck you. Walt Disney was a Nazi sympathizer, Roman Polanski and Woody Allen are pedophiles, and Pee Wee Herman masturbates in public places, but that's got nothing to do with nothing when it comes to their work.

Really?? Didnt knew all that about them. Not that changes the fact that Im not a really big fan of Polanski (I only saw Bitter Moon and i loved it) and Woody Allen. And for the record, I LOVE Star Wars. I only think that LOTR its better.

LOTR isnt a bad series, i just didnt read Tolkein growing up, so i wasnt as attatched. I dug parts of it, and the first one, i enjoyed...the 2nd, i had a huge, huge tolkein fan in my ear at the theatre (it cost me nearly $50 to see; dont ask) that ruined it with all her "in the book, it went like this, see..." bullshit and i know that's not Jackson's fault. But the last one, honestly, it dragged its nuts all over for me, and i found myself wanting it to end already: you know how it is, its hard to look past endings, thats why matrix is so fucking forgettable these days.

its not bad, just wasnt my thing; blame 20 years or so of j-rpg grinding for me being tired of the general sword & sorcery setting, too. and heh, props on calling me out on the "smith as the next oprah" thing, crim.

I do tend to like Star Wars a bit better, though again, the new ones - even where i was quite forgiving - really let me down.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of both, but I've got to go with Star Wars over Star Trek, Trek just has too much failure out there. I am looking forward to that new movie though.

Someone complained about lack of stargate from the options, I would like to add Babylon 5 if I could. I know its not as classic as the others, but it hands down tears them to shreds.

For the fans:

Just so y'all know, Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes) plays Spock, Simon Pegg (Shaun of Shaun of the Dead among many, many other fine roles) plays Scotty, and John Cho (Harold of Harold and Kumar and the character that coined the term 'Milf' in America Pie) plays Sulu.

Archived