Hondo's Bar

Rock Band

Silent Bob

Holy shit! Dropped last night without announcement was a free song!

Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) by Stephen and the Colberts

Original "music video"

Expert Drums

Expert Bass

Expert Guitar

I originally thought Nightman/Dayman from Electric Dream Machine/Chemical Toilet would be the best possible novelty song, but this has got be second guessing that idea.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a Gold Star on Expert on More Than A Feeling. Made me very happy

Though I'm not sure HOW you get a gold start on a song. I've been flawless on songs before and didn't get the gold star, but I did on that song.

I'm assuming you mean on Guitar though. I meant on Drums. Every song has a slightly different threshold for gold star, but it's pretty close to flawless playing, approximately 1.7x the threshold for 5 stars I think.

So, both Alice Cooper and Skid Row's Sebastian Bach will be performing at a Rock Band night (by performing, it appears that means playing Rock Band) in Hollywood this Monday. I only bring this up because neither Alice Cooper of Skid Row have any songs in RB1, RB2 or in RB DLC (though they both appeared in GH games under Harmonix). Harmonix likes to announce DLC of artists from events and concerts HMX are tied to, so...maybe Alice Cooper and/or Skid Row next week?

A prime example of HMX's trend of DLC tied to events, this week, in honor of the Rock Band tour kicking of in October they have a specially priced four pack of songs from artists on the tour.

“One of Those Nights” by the Cab

“Hands Down” by Dashboard Confessional-

“She’s a Handsome Woman” by Panic! At the Disco

“Natural Disaster” by Plain White T’s

$1 each or $4 for the pack until mid October, then $2 each and $7 for the pack. I like Panic! at the Disco, but this song doesn't really thrill me. I might let it grow on me buy buying it for $1. The other ones didn't interest me. Also: the album Peace Sells...But Whose Buying by Megadeth. All tracks except Peace Sells, which is on the RB2 disc. $2 each, $11 for the album.

Wake Up Dead

The Conjuring

Devil’s Island

Good Mourning / Black Friday

Bad Omen

I Ain’t Superstitious

My Last Words

I got a Gold Star on Expert on More Than A Feeling. Made me very happy

Though I'm not sure HOW you get a gold start on a song. I've been flawless on songs before and didn't get the gold star, but I did on that song.

Isn't that AWESOME?

i have scored gold stars on several...Call me being the hardest i have ever scored!

use your STAR POWER in key places to get GOLD STARS.

AU bound, finally.

The future of Rock Band's release in Australia has long been up in the air. We've heard that it was coming late, that it wasn't coming at all, all kinds of things. Today, the wait/conjecture can finally be put to rest, with EA confirming that the game will indeed be seeing an official Australian release. And only a year after the American one! The game will be out on November 7, and - we're guessing because EA are now shipping Rock Band 2 elsewhere and have some leftover bundles lying around - it's going to be a lot cheaper than expected. While Europeans were kicked in the nuts, left with both outrageous pricing and quirky bundling options, Australia will be getting the all-in-one box for a "reasonable" AUD$250 (USD$208).

Also available will be a drums-and-game bundle for AUD$180 and a guitar-and-game bundle for AUD$140 (which matches Guitar Hero's pricing). As for the standalone game, it'll be AUD$100 on 360 and PS3, AUD$90 on Wii and AUD$70 on PS2. It's claimed 200 songs will be ready for download when it does launch, so it looks like most - if not all - of the Rock Band Store will be making the jump down under as well.

may want to just jump on 2 at this point.

Next week, the album I've been waiting for...Blood Sugar Sex Magik!

Hey everybody,

We're proud to announce next week's content for DLC - Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magik full album. One track from this album Give It Away is available on the Rock Band 2 disc.

Album: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

The Power of Equality

If You Have to Ask

Breaking the Girl

Funky Monks

Suck My Kiss

I Could Have Lied

Mellowship Slinky in B Major

The Righteous & The Wicked

Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Under the Bridge

Naked in the Rain

Apache Rose Peacock

The Greeting Song

My Lovely Man

Sir Psycho Sexy

They're Red Hot

The full album of Blood Sugar Sex Magik will be available for $19.99 (1600 Microsoft Points). Each track will also be available for $1.99 individually (160 Microsoft Points). The album will be available on Tuesday, September 30th on Xbox 360, and Thursday, October 2nd on PS3.

For those who never listened to this album back in the day, it is a classic. On Tuesday, this is an instant buy for me.

I never posted last week's DLC, which was:

Rush's Moving Pictures Full Album

Tom Sawyer (orig version)

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight (orig version)

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

The full album will be available for $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track individually.

We are also releasing a bunch of individual tracks:

Bad Religion - Sorrow

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

Hot Hot Heat - Bandages

Kasabian - Shoot the Runner

Sleater-Kinney - You're No Rock N Roll Fun

Stone Roses - Love Spreads

And hey man, take a look at deepdiscount.com. They have the RB2 wireless (and more sturdy) drums for US$68.99, and when I tried to put in a shipping address, Australia was in the drop-down menu. I couldn't get a confirmation without putting in billing info, but this is their stated policy on international shipping:

International Shipments - Including Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands

We ship most packages via “USPS Destination Post Office”, which means that the USPS picks up from our warehouse and distributes packages throughout the world to the Post Office in your country for delivery to you. Please be aware that in some cases United Parcel Service Worldwide Express, www.ups.com, may be used and applicable fees, customs charges or taxes may apply.

Any customs fees, taxes, import duties or any other applicable charges are your responsibility and are collected once the package reaches your country. We have no jurisdiction over these charges and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; please contact your local customs office for further information.

A street address is required for all international shipments. Delivery to P.O. Boxes is not available.

DeepDiscount.com reserves the right to refuse orders shipping to certain countries or regions worldwide.

International delivery is not available for magazines or for merchandise shipped from the manufacturer such as storage units and movie posters.

Please refer to the table below for applicable international shipping rates:

Order Total Shipping Charge

Up to $25.00 $5.95

$25.01 - $50.00 $8.95

$50.01 - $100.00 $12.95

$100.01 to $150.00 $16.95

$150.01 to $200.00 $23.95

$200.01 to $250.00 $29.95

$250.01 to $300.00 $37.95

More than $300.00 $99.95

Worth a try, maybe? If you need a US billing address, I'd be happy to help out. If it works out, you can also get the RB2 disc there too.

Ah, you mean like competitions. RB1 and RB2 have that in "Score Duel", where both players play the entire song, which you can do locally if you have two drums, or over Xbox Live. According to GH4's wiki page, the only Vs mode announced so far has been the battle mode, which is like GH3 battle mode without the attacks.

Hey, remember that AC/DC-themed version of Rock Band we told you about a few weeks ago? According to the NY Times, it's due to be formally unveiled by MTV tomorrow. And what's more, it's to be formally unveiled with a hefty caveat. Like, it's only going to be available at Wal-Mart. So Rock N Roll! Officially branded AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack (most likely featuring tracks from their Castle Donington show), the expansion is (as we also told you a few weeks back) one piece in a massive marketing move by the band's label, Columbia Records, which will see special AC/DC "areas" set up in each of Wal-Mart's stores, selling not just the expansion, but AC/DC's new album and all kinds of merch.

Why the exclusivity? Surprise: it's all about the cash money. MTV's Van Toffler:

They rock hard, and that still works for our audience. It comes down to getting really great marketing, because Wal-Mart is so meaningful in terms of sales if they get behind something.

And Columbia's Steve Barnett:

If you want to be a physical band, you better make an alliance with a strong physical retaile. It’s a great way to sell the new album, the catalog, the game, merchandise and DVDs.

No release date was mentioned, but the exclusivity deal means the game's not only available at Wal-Mart stores, but Sam's Club and Wal-Mart's online store as well.

This is sure to sell well, what with the band's continued popularity, but we can't help but shake the feeling this is all getting a bit much.

The AC/DC disc is 18 tracks, coming in early Nov for $30.

Next week:

Offspring 3-pack-

Gone Away

Pretty Fly

Self Esteem

Also-

Stop! by Against Me!

All Right Now by Free

Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood

Cream & Bastards Rise Harvey Danger

Nearly Lost You by Screaming Trees

Push It by Static-X

I'll be getting the 3-pack and at least two of the singles.

Christ Alive Jax, that's crazy-awesome. :misty: and a dedication to you should this plan come to fruition.

GOnna go check this out and get back to y'all. Sorry Joel, I'm sure you understand... :P

So, did you ever try this? My RB1 drums' yellow pad wasn't recognizing any hits that weren't directed at one coin size spot on the pad, so I bought one. Deepdiscount.com had it for $68.99 with free shipping and no tax, compared to my gamestop that had it for $89.99+tax. I'm asking because, just so you know, I had entered a Melbourne shipping address last week when I was testing the site for you, so when I tryed to buy it this week, I got all the way to the 'Click here to process order' page with the AUS address still in the cache, and it charged $12 for international shipping, so it appears to allow AUS shipping. Seriously, you'd be paying less than American gamers that go to Gamestop of Best Buy.

So Mötley Crüe's publicists announced that the album Dr Feelgood would drop on Rock Band. We'll see in 6 days if Harmonix confirms that on their regularly schedule announcement day, but besides that, there are still 4 other albums confirmed by Harmonix to come before the end of the year (Foos, Jane's Addiction, Vaughn, and No Doubt).

Archived