Hondo's Bar

Rock Band

Silent Bob

Well, Dr Feelgood is confirmed by Motley Crue's people, not MTV or HMX, so while there probably is a deal there, I wouldn't sent out the invitations for you Oct 14th Dr Feelgood party just yet. I'm not buying the release date until I see it on rockband.com.

And the Offspring pack is indeed awesome. I really wanted I Choose and Original Prankster, and Gone Away bugs me a bit cause of it's whiny tone, but it's all worth it because I will buy Pretty Fly, I will take my hard drive to Nick's place, I we will film Nick singing that he's pretty fly for a white guy, and that will be the culmination point of all human history.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I never listed the details of the AC/DC Rock Band game. Here's the skinny:

• Stand-Alone Disc only, not DLC.
  • All live tracks from the Live at Donington concert film.
  • Can be exported to hard drive like RB1 songs for play in RB1 or RB2 with a unique code that comes with the disc.
  • No online multiplayer with AC/DC disc.
  • No likenesses of AC/DC members for rocker avatars.
  • Disc has it's own achievements (and that seems to be the only reason to play the disc instead of exporting the songs and never looking at the disc again).
  • Release date November 2 for PS2/PS3/360, November 16 for Wii
  • $29.88 for PS2, $39.88 for others at Wal-mart only.

18 Tracks:

1. "Thunderstruck"

2. "Shoot to Thrill"

3. "Back in Black"

4. "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"

5. "Heatseeker"

6. "Fire Your Guns"

7. "Jailbreak"

8. "The Jack"

9. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"

10. "Moneytalks"

11. "Hells Bells"

12. "High Voltage"

13. "Whole Lotta Rosie"

14. "You Shook Me All Night Long"

15. "T.N.T."

16. "Let There Be Rock"

17. "Highway To Hell"

18. "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

My thoughts: OK, $39.88 for 18 songs is pushing it. I just spent $20 on 16 Red Hot Chili Peppers songs, and while I like AC/DC more than RHCP, and this is essentially a best of, so it's 'all killer no filler', $39.88 feels like too much. That said, this is an excellent set list. I would have wanted Big Balls to be included

...but deep in the cockles of my heart, I always knew Big Balls was never meant to be. This list is excellent though. As for songs I wish they could have switched out, besides Big Balls and She's Got Balls:

I would have loved "It's a Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock N' Roll", but the band really considers it to be Bon Scott's signature song, and they haven't performed it live since he died, out of respect, so it was not going to happen on a live set from 1991. Here's hoping for future DLC.

I would have liked Rocker, Problem Child, and at least one other song from Highway to Hell (Girls Got Rhythm or If You Want Blood). But hey, having only one Highway to Hell song on there means HMX might be more inclined to make Highway to Hell into a DLC album down the road.

I wish that we weren't getting two versions of Let There Be Rock. I love that song, but I wish HMX had had the hindsight to put an AC/DC on the RB2 disc that wasn't going to be in the AC/DC game...like It's a Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock N' Roll.

In the end, this was not a list HMX compiled, it was the already existing set list from their Donington concert film, so I am mostly very happy with the list.

WTF???

that seriously sucks ass.

Yeah, but you can still play these songs online if you export the songs from the disc to the hard drive and then play RB1 or RB2. Again, the only reason to not rip the disc and never look at it again is the fact that it has it's own achievements, but if you're an achievement whore you never need to look at it again.

honestly though, were any of you contemplating buying this cash-in? AC/DC, Aerosmith etc are fun bands, but i cant imagine wanting a whole game on just them. i so hope they dont do this with big names like the Beatles either, just incorporate them into your main game.

HMX confirmed today that Dr Feelfood will be next Tuesday's DLC. It came as little surprise, the only question was whether they were going to release any other songs, because both Megadeth's and Rush's album release weeks also featured other songs. Not the case this week, it's just Crue album.

honestly though, were any of you contemplating buying this cash-in? AC/DC, Aerosmith etc are fun bands, but i cant imagine wanting a whole game on just them. i so hope they dont do this with big names like the Beatles either, just incorporate them into your main game.

Well, unlike the Aerosmith game, the AC/DC songs can be incorporated into the main game, because from day 1 you'll be able to rip them to your hard drive and play them in RB1 or RB2. It's basically an over-priced DLC pack you can't buy through download.

A Nirvana 7-pack will drop next week.

Breed

Lounge Act

On a Plain

Polly

Something in the Way

Stay Away

Territorial Pissings

$11, o $2 each.

All 7 songs are from Nevermind, and along with Drain You from RB2 and In Bloom from RB1, that is 9 songs from from Nevermind, which leaves Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are and Lithium. Great news for Nirvana fans, bad news for fans of Nirvana's radio hits.

I would rather have had the 10 songs, but hopefully, that'll come along down the line.

OK, so the 20 free DLC were announced for RB2. Available Nov 4th. Don't get too excited, it was probably nothing you would have been willing to pay for.

* The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"

* Authority Zero - "No Regrets"

* Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"

* The Cab - "Bounce"

* The Chevelles - "Get It On"

* The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"

* Dealership - "Database Corrupted"

* Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"

* The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"

* Hollywood Undead - "Young"

* Kutless - "The Feeling"

* The Len Price 3 - "If I Ain't Got You"

* Lesley Roy - "I'm Gone, I'm Going"

* Opiate for the Masses - "Burn You Down"

* Semi-Precious Weapons - "Magnetic Baby"

* Shaimus - "Like a Fool"

* Thenewno2" - Crazy Tuesday"

* Tickle Me Pink - "The Time Is Wrong"

* Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"

* X Japan - "I.V."

Shaimus was the band that did a fun poppy bonus song on GH1 I liked called 'All Of This'. Other than them, either I'm old or this is really a list of unknowns. Free's free though.

Well, unlike the Aerosmith game, the AC/DC songs can be incorporated into the main game, because from day 1 you'll be able to rip them to your hard drive and play them in RB1 or RB2. It's basically an over-priced DLC pack you can't buy through download.

So...what you're saying is rent it and rip it.

So...what you're saying is rent it and rip it.

Each game comes with a unique code you have to enter and then it has to be confirmed with an online connection, so it can only be ripped once (or by one live ID) per disc.

I have been listening to the songs that are coming in the free pack, and so far, Magnetic Baby is my favorite.

OK, so the 20 free DLC were announced for RB2. Available Nov 4th. Don't get too excited, it was probably nothing you would have been willing to pay for.

Shaimus was the band that did a fun poppy bonus song on GH1 I liked called 'All Of This'. Other than them, either I'm old or this is really a list of unknowns. Free's free though.

its already being called "the gift horse pack".

Ha, I was on the discussion thread for it at rockband.com, one guy said "We were told this would be all big name artists!" and the next guy said "Yeah, by other people posting here, not by Harmonix." Some people have an angry aversion to bands they don't know. You cna see people screaming bloody murder within 5 minutes of the announcement, and of course they haven't listened to any of the songs. Other people take personal offense to bands like Led Zeppelin, Van Halen and old Gun N' Roses not being in the game, as if these artists were begging HMX to let them include their songs and HMX is simply refusing to do it out of spite of their customers. But posting on other message boards always gives me a feeling of appreciate for the quality of poster we have at Hondos. In fact, his gives me a logo idea. Stay tuned.

So I thought that the free 20-pack might be the only DLC for this coming week, but why would HMX want a week without a chance to make some cheddah? So, there is a 3-pack of Siouxsie and the Banshees, 2 Silversun Pickups songs, a Psychedelic Furs and a Blink 182 song.

Siouxsie and the Banshees Pack - 440 MSP ($5.49)

* "Hong Kong Garden" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

* "The Killing Jar" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

* "Kiss Them For Me" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

Blink 182 - "Dammit" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

The Psychedelic Furs - "Pretty In Pink" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

Silversun Pickups - "Melatonin" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

Silversun Pickups - "Well Thought Out Twinkles" - 160 MSP ($1.99)

For party-purposes, there are probably better Blink 182 songs (What's My Age Again? for one), but for my money, Damnit is Blink's best song. Siouxsie and the Banshees are not my thing. The Psychedelic Furs song is good for nostalgia, but I didn't like the movie Pretty In Pink, so there's nostalgia factor for me personally, and the Silversun Pickups don't interest me either.

But that's not the only DLC news. According to their website, the Presidents of the United States of America will have a 3-pack available on Nov 4th (Election day, so appropriate). The songs are Ladybug, Feather Pluck'n, Dune Buggy. The first PUSA album would probably have made my top ten list for most personally desired DLC albums, so getting 2 songs off that album is awesome. I do hope more is on the way however, particularly Peaches and Kitty, but every song off that album is awesome. This Ladybug song is also pretty good (PUSA do alot of songs about bugs and critters, and this song references Boll Weevil, from the first album).

Again, this is not officially announced by HMX, but the Motely Crue announcement turned out to be true, and Nov 4th does make sense. These days, 6 songs is a small release for HMX, so we can expect more than just this 3-pack. Probably not more PUSA, cause how would PUSA be out of the loop enough to not announce the right number of songs. But if it's more election/politics-themed songs, I want Elected by Alice Cooper!

Outta curiosity, on average, how much of the DLC posted up in this thread would you have downloaded, and how much would that have cost, all in all.?

Because from what i can see, rockband seems like it could end up more expensive than the console you're playing it on (if you're to include downloaded songs into the price).

I currently have 138 downloaded songs. Three were free to download, three were ripped from a disc that came with OXM magazine that Nick lent me, eleven were $1 each, and the rest were either $2 or part of packs that made their average price between $1.50 and $1.85.

So I've probably spent that much (the cost of the console), if you take the cost of the DLC, the cost of game at $169.99 with drums, mic and guitar, plus the cost of the sequel (just the disc) at $59.99.

If you have "flatmates" or good "mates" come over to your "flat" (see how I'm using this fancy British Isles talk) often enough, some people have split the cost of the game. Since it comes with one mic, one guitar, and one drums set, you could split it with 2 of your "mates", and have a third "mate" buy another guitar, or use a GH guitar if they already have one for the appropriate platform (I believe GH guitar for the PS2 do NOT work with the PS3 Rock Band, even if you have the adapter, but I'm not sure) and you could form a fake band. The issue then becomes do you form a new live/psn account to buy DLC under, and do you split the cost evenly, and who gets the DLC if the band breaks up. See, it's like a real band already.

The good thing about becoming a late adopter is you can get RB2, and for $5, download the key to rip 55 of the 58 RB1 songs to your hard drive, then you just need to borrow the RB1 disc from someone (check craigslist), rip it and return it, and then with the free DLC available (Still Alive, Charlene, Promised Land and the new 20-pack), you could have 162 songs before spending your first cent on DLC.

Here's the list of all the DLC so far, it might give you an idea of what you'd be interested in buying from there.

Hey, I've hung out with your kind, I know you use that word alot. Not as much as Skeeter's kind. They use it as a verbal crutch, the way Valley Girls use "like" and 80's California stoners use "dude", but that's what you guys call friends. If Friendster had started in Ireland, it would be called Matester. If the should Friends had been produced in England, it would have been called Mates. IF James Taylor had been Scotish, the song would be called "You're Got a Mate."

OK, I'm done.

I don't mate what you're fucking mating about you fucking mate bigot.

So RB1 hits glorious nation-state Aus-trah-lia Nov 7, a week before GH4 and costs $220 over GH4's estimated(by EB) $329, although most places are taking preorders for a confirmed price of $280. I only realised this morning as I was unglueing my right eye(conjunctivitus) that's only like, 3 weeks away(2 for RB). Which is awesome solely on the premise that once RB gets a down under release I can finally purchase tracks on my local account instead of having to put points on my manballs account(since I can't use an Oz CC for a US MS account) which means I can FINALLY buy Blood Sugar Sex Magic!!

Archived