Hondo's Bar

Rock Band

Silent Bob

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

custom_1225312590988_beatles-grammy-tribute-2008-hanks-across-universe.jpg

oh, snap.

I just had an alert drop in my mailbox from MTV.

Apparently MTV Networks, owners of Harmonix, and Apple Corps Ltd, administrators of The Beatles releases of the 1960s, are holding a press conference tomorrow to make some announcement about an "exclusive agreement to develop a global music project."

The release lists a number of media contacts, including one of the main PR folks for Rock Band 2. This seems to back up what the Financial Times reported back in June. Though at the time it sounded like both Activision and Harmonix were wooing Apple Corps. Did Guitar Hero get the shaft or is another announcement, this one with Activision, hitting later this week? We'll update once we can needle out more official word.

wow...major blow against GH if Harmonix pulls it off, even as a timed thing, id think.

Yes yes yes. I just hope it's ALOT of Beatles stuff. As in, every song with a usable master. The Beatles could understandably justify their own game, like Aerosmith, AC/DC and Metallica do, but the Beatles could be the one I can't pass up on. This is almost exciting enough to take my mind off the election....

Beatles Game. Even though Ringo referred to it as a 'Rock Band game', it will apparently not be Rock Band branded, and it will evidently be a a game that takes you through the history Beatles, from Please Please Me to Abbey Road. In typical form, fanboys ar bitching that it's not DLC, and it appears it might not be exportable to RB/RB2, though the details are all sketchy right not. Personally, as long as my peripherals are compatible with it, I'll be happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so Energizer Battery is having a promo where if you buy specially marked AA battery 4-pack, you can enter a code from the package to get a from DLC song. When you have the code, you go here to redeem it. The Harmonix page announcing the promo doesn't mention when these batteries will be in retail stores, so who knows, but someone on rockband forums said they already got one of these pack and it gives you 160 Microsoft points to spend however you like.

I defeat your readwords with titties.

haha, old titties.

wait, so she said its not real drum like 'cause the cymbals are made of a clearly different material and it lacks the other footpedal, fair enough, but she's on about how its more like electronic drum kits, when isnt that exactly what its supposed to be? id almost like to see a musician who's more accustomed to such a set try this one out and see what they think. anyway, looked fun but im not sure i see $300 worth there yet.

ps congrats Jax, you're a beast. turn your xbox off once in a while though man, shit's so gonna die on you one day.

Them old titties are still fun to watch. Considering the chick spent more time twirling the damned sticks and not supporting her breasts, I didn't figure her to be a great authority on the matter. That vid was for entertainment more than instruction.

DLC next week. Definitely picking up the two Soundgarden tracks and either the Killers pack or the first two songs in it (kinda wish Somebody Told Me was in it too).

The Killers 3 Pack!

Mr. Brightside

Smile Like You Mean It

Spaceman

Yngwie Malmsteen 3 Pack!

Caprici Di Diablo

Damnation Game

Red Devil

Soundgarden Singles!

Jesus Christ Pose

Pretty Noose

Lamb of God Single!

Laid To Rest

• 2 weeks later...
Gold Star Drums

1. Weezer - Say It Ain't So

2. Stephen and the Colberts - Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)

3. AC/DC - Highway to Hell (Live)

4. Pretenders - Brass In Pocket

5. AC/DC - Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be (Live)

6. Red Hot Chili Peppers - I Could Have Lied

7. Nirvana - Something In The Way

8. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

9. AC/DC - Moneytalks (Live)

10. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

11. Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid

Gold Star Drums

12. AC/DC - The Jack (Live)

Next week's DLC is No Doubt's Singles, $2 each or $20 for the 13.

1."Just a Girl"

2."It’s My Life"

3."Hey Baby"

4."Bathwater”

5."Sunday Morning"

6."Hella Good"

7."Underneath It All"

8."Excuse Me Mr.”

9."Running"

10."Spiderwebs”

11."Simple Kind of Life”

12.“Don’t Speak”

13.“Ex-Girlfriend”

I will pick up the Tragic Kingdom songs (I really wish they had just released Tragic Kingdom), maybe some others.

Rock Band going a little bit country.

While not official, the rumor is that it will be 5 songs by Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Miranda Lambert and the Dixie Chicks. If the Dixie Chicks song is Goodbye Earl, I'll snatch that song up in 2 seconds. I'll listen to the others, but lack of old school country (Brooks and Dunn is not quite old school country) is disappointing. I wonder if this pack selling well would make old school country more or less likely...?

Gold Star Drums

1. Weezer - Say It Ain't So

2. Stephen and the Colberts - Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)

3. AC/DC - Highway to Hell (Live)

4. Pretenders - Brass In Pocket

5. AC/DC - Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be (Live)

6. Red Hot Chili Peppers - I Could Have Lied

7. Nirvana - Something In The Way

8. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

9. AC/DC - Moneytalks (Live)

10. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

11. Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid

12. AC/DC - The Jack (Live)

13. AC/DC - TNT (Live)

14. Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven

Also, the country music pack was confirmed for this week:

Brad Paisley - “Mud on the Tires”

Brooks & Dunn - “Hillbilly Deluxe”

Dierks Bentley - “Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)”

Dixie Chicks - “Sin Wagon”

Miranda Lambert “Gunpowder & Lead”

I listened to Sin Wagon and Hillbilly Deluxe on Youtube. Sin Wagon sounds like it will be really hard for the guitar, bass and drums. Hillbilly Deluxe is standard mid-tempo country fare.

Also announced: Ten by Pearl Jam. Alive is already on the RB2 disc, so will the download will feature the other 10 songs, including radio hits Jeremy, Even Flow, and Black. This should be a great album for guitarists, drummers or vocalists. The bad news is that it won't be coming out until March 24, to coincide with the re-issue of the CD in stores.

for a band effort, sin wagon should be kinda fun, im guessing the guitar works where the fiddle would?

Well, as you can see in this video

Sin Wagon has plenty of Banjo and Guitar playing going on for the song to chart too. HMX used to chart none-guitar music to the guitar (some keyboard stuff in Boston and NIN songs, for example), but recently they've avoided doing that, and they don't really need to for this song.

Also, Axl Rose said at a press conference that Chinese Democracy as DLC was likely. I'd rather have Appetite for Destruction.

Archived