AFI - "Miss Murder"

Alice in Chains - "Would?"

Audioslave - "Gasoline"

Black Tide - "Show Me the Way"

Blink 182 - "What's My Age Again"

Freezepop - "Less Talk More Rokk"

Jackson 5 - "ABC"

Tenacious D - "Rock Your Socks"

will be available exclusively for the PSP version of Rock Band "for a limited time before becoming downloadable content for the other platforms." So, who know how long it'll take but those songs are on their way. I'm psyched about ABC, Freezepop, the D, AIC, even Kryptonite.

Also, last week gave us a Toby Keith 6-pack (bring the total number of Country songs available to 18).

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ and I were just talking the other day about songs that should be on Rock Band, and Kryptonite was one of them. Why on earth they even bother with songs for the PSP, I'll never know. But, we can't wait for it to come to the xb360. :D

• 4 weeks later...

The Rickenbacker 325 and Gretsch Duo Jet (the guitars most closely associated with John Lennon and George Harrison) guitar peripherals for The Beatles: Rock Band. They will be sold separately.

Beatlesguitars.jpg

The special edition of the the game, as well as the guitar+game version, will come with a "large-scale" Höfner bass (hopefully, that means scale-size). No pictures of that yet, but there is box art.

beatlesart.jpg

rock your socks is gonna be soooooo censored. wonderboy woulda been a much better choice. we can always use more freezepop though.

Reverend Jax-Also, last week gave us a Toby Keith 6-pack (bring the total number of Country songs available to 18).
i think johnny cash is overdue for a rockband/guitar hero appearance. BTW i highly recommend folks download Skullcrusher Mountain. if anyone doesnt know its written and performed by jonathan coulton who also wrote still alive for portal. its well worth it for 99 cents..... or the equivalent for you xboxers. its a touching song about a mad scientist....... who finds love :pinch:

lol nevermind about rock your socks. i havent listened to it in awhile and its not as curse-heavy as i remember. i still like wonderboy more though :pinch: id like to see a couple of pink floyd songs as well

possible Rock Band Unplugged (PSP) setlist?

1960s

The Who - Pinball Wizard

1970s

Jackson 5 - ABC

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Boston - More Than a Feeling

Kansas - Carry on Wayward Son

Rush - The Trees (Vault Edition)

The Police - Message in a Bottle

1980s

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Billy Idol - White Wedding

Bon Jovi - Livin' On a Prayer

Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia

Souxsie & The Banshees - The Killing Jar

1990s

Judas Priest - Painkiller

Lush - De-Luxe

Nirvana - Drain You

Pearl Jam - Alive

Alice in Chains - Would?

Social Distortion - I Was Wrong

The Smashing Pumpkins - Today

Soundgarden - Spoonman

Weezer - Buddy Holly

The Offspring - Come Out and Play

Foo Fighters - Everlong

Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

Blink 182 - What's My Age Again

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

Fort Minor - Where'd You Go?

2000s

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite

System of a Down - Chop Suey

Jimmy Eats World - The Middle

Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks

Audioslave - Gasoline

Lamb of God - Laid to Rest

Modest Mouse - Float On

The Killers - Mr. Brightside

AFI - Miss Murder

All- American Rejects - Move Along

Lacuna Coil - Our Truth

Queens of the Stone Age - 3's & 7's

Freezepop - Less Talk More Rockk

Black Tide - Show Me the Way

its not official, but yeah, not too bad.

ps so awesome.

20090513.jpg

I'm still dubious of the very function of a PSP RB game. I mean, at their very core these are rythm games, it's just pushing those buttons is very fun, but how are you gonna hook someone, even with a cool setlist, so simply sit there doing this? I can see how with the PSP3000 there's a built-in mic so singing is a possibility, but who's gonna sit there singing to their fucking PSP?

For that matter, when the fuck is Aus gonna see RB2? Seriously, this shit is beyond funny now.

Well, evidently, Rock Band Unplugged is a clever excuse to make an Amplitude sequel, using the popularity of the Rock Band brand to get around Sony's decision to not allow a sequel to Amplitude.

And I concur with Gabe's love for Kenny Rogers.

Jax: Rock Band Unplugged sounds interesting. Honestly, I think Rock Band would be much more interesting to me if they did two things.

1. They need to make the guitar more like playing actual guitar.

I get that it's supposed to be easy. But, for those who already know how to play real guitar, it's a joke. Maybe they should have different kits for different experience levels? Yeah, that wouldn't fly. Scratch that.

2. They should include more underground bands.

I so wish they had some of the songs/artists/albums I REALLY like. For instance, Damien Rice. I doubt he's on there. But, for those types of songs, you can't really play guitar or drums some of the time. SO, it becomes really lame.

The game doesn't please me all around, I guess, because I'm rambling. I like to sing but suck at it, so that only entertains me so long...

• 2 weeks later...

For metal fans, an Iron Maiden 12-pack will be available for DLC on June 9th, all master tracks.

* Aces High (live)

* 2 Minutes to Midnight

* The Trooper

* Wasted Years

* The Number of the Beast

* Run to the Hills

* Can I Play With Madness

* The Clairvoyant

* Powerslave

* Fear of the Dark (live)

* Hallowed Be Thy Name (live)

* Iron Maiden (live)

FYI, The cover of Run to the Hills was one of the 3 songs not exportable from RB1 to DLC, and a cover of Number of the Beast was already released as DLC last year.

For metal fans, an Iron Maiden 12-pack will be available for DLC on June 9th, all master tracks.

* Aces High (live)

* 2 Minutes to Midnight

* The Trooper

* Wasted Years

* The Number of the Beast

* Run to the Hills

* Can I Play With Madness

* The Clairvoyant

* Powerslave

* Fear of the Dark (live)

* Hallowed Be Thy Name (live)

* Iron Maiden (live)

FYI, The cover of Run to the Hills was one of the 3 songs not exportable from RB1 to DLC, and a cover of Number of the Beast was already released as DLC last year.

awesome! :D

• 2 weeks later...
A press release sent today from MTV announced a collaboration between Green Day and Rock Band; several hits from the punk-rock band will be coming to Harmonix's music game. The first downloadable pack, coming July 7, will include the songs 21 Guns, Know Your Enemy, East Jesus Nowhere.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived