Hondo's Bar

Who watches the WWE

Meltd0wn

I am a huge fan and have been for over 15 years (i was 9 when i first saw it).

Yeah some is blatanly fake but come on how can you fake falling over 15 feet onto a table and smashing yourself into a barrier.

some though make it look real. Anyone else a fan?

Oh and bring back STACY

i started watchin wwf about 18 or so years ago i was very young at the time.

me and brothers were obsessed with it, we watched religiously through the years, especially during the attitude era '98 - '01.

at this time we would'nt dare miss an episode of raw or smackdown.

But then vince bought wcw and ecw started the "invasion" and it all went downhill after that,

stone cold's character went off in a weird direction,

undertaker became "the badass"

mankind retired, (although he was good as the commish)

the rock left,

edge and christian broke up,

the hardy's broke up,

the dudleys broke up,

the aoa broke up,

and soon after this i just stopped watching wrestling,

my younger bro's still watch it and i'd give the odd glance. but it'll never be as good as it was back then

I still get together with a friend or two to watch RAW (with the occasional PPV, like Wrestlemania). I tend to think of it as amusing, kind of a soap opera with clotheslines and pile-drivers. Oh, and fake or not, the shit they do is dangerous as hell. The toll it puts on their bodies ensures that some of the wrestlers won't make it past their 40's.

• 3 weeks later...

i'll admit to watching this every now and then, i must admit, now the hardy's are back together, its decent enough to watch, but there are so many bullshit wrestlers coming up like that big khali dude, its kinda taking away from how great it was, and can still be

my favorite wrestlers will always be the undertaker, benoit and jeff hardy

Sometimes i'll stay on it for a few minutes when i'm flicking but i think i've out grown it.

Well, I read that the first time as "when i'm fucking." I just thought...to get impression for new positions? Animal Planet is much better, my friend.

Anywho, I did wrestling (real wrestling, liek they kind in high school and the olympics) from a young age (7) and in 1989, the coach obviously had to work hard to constantly disassociate real wrestling from WWF, so from that experience, I never cared for it. I was living in prime "pro" wrestling country too (age 2-7, Georgia, age 7-11 West Virginia).

And for the record, it is 100% staged, but alot of the moves hurt no matter what, and require skill and training (and guts) to pull off without causing serious injury.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I read that the first time as "when i'm fucking." I just thought...to get impression for new positions? Animal Planet is much better, my friend.

Anywho, I did wrestling (real wrestling, liek they kind in high school and the olympics) from a young age (7) and in 1989, the coach obviously had to work hard to constantly disassociate real wrestling from WWF, so from that experience, I never cared for it. I was living in prime "pro" wrestling country too (age 2-7, Georgia, age 7-11 West Virginia).

And for the record, it is 100% staged, but alot of the moves hurt no matter what, and require skill and training (and guts) to pull off without causing serious injury.

You serious? That's some shit that if you put that with something like "I slept with Tussin's mum" and "Paris Hilton came into Smoothie King and sat on the counter, and she wasn't wearing any undies, and she left a big vadge imprint, and it smelled like coffee." I'd pick you being a wrestler as the fib. Is that how your path crossed Panch/Nick's?

• 4 weeks later...

I had written almost a novel about my love for wrestling back inna day...it didn't post and now I am mad...

nutshell: watched it to please a boyfriend and ended up getting hooked. Loved The Dudley's, Jeff Hardy, Sean O'Haire (:welcome::FHD::birf2::FHD:), and of course, Stone Cold ("What?!?!")

Not the same anymore...too many diva's if you ask me. I missed it when it was only Chyna & Lita, etc...

Funnily enough, they were meant to have a 3 hour long RAW special about vince's "death" which was swiftly cancelled upon news of a real death....

It was replaced by a Benoit tribute (the murder/suicide part hadn't come out yet).

i'm aware, i was looking forward to the mc mahon "funeral" special, but its a shame to see beniot go nuts like that.. he was one of my favorites

Yeah, he had a pretty wholesome, underdogish image. As one person said, it was as if At the end of the movie, Rocky had gone crazy and killed his family.

Archived