Hondo's Bar

Subforum love week

The NZA

As is customery every last week of september

at least since metalhearts had the idea

, those watching the calednar know this week is Subforum week, meaning all subs will be set as regular forums on the main page, in hopes of attracting new blood to them! All will participate this year, except for the naughty Debate Hall who's just not ready in time this year.

As a special added event, the new subforums of Fight Club will launch within their today; hopefully, we'll have a feel for them soon as well, but for now, try your hand at Project Mayhem, Hondo's first true forum of anarchy, where anyone can edit/delete/pin/etc just like a mod...we'll see what comes of it.

If youve ever wanted to see Anime, the Powder Room etc get more attention, now's your time to show it some love.

theyre all viable candidates, to an extent. again, ill likely get a poll going after the week's done, i for one've been thinking anime should come back.

as for the new FC, its kinda a beta, isnt it? the new subforums were still empty last i checked, shit needs irnoing out...i just set it up, legwork's thankfully not mine to do, but anyway, i dont think weve really seen it yet.

My dream might finally be a realization. I always wanted The Powder Room to be a main forum... :wank:

I also agree with DoJ about the Food & Grill forum to be permanent

I've also noticed that the Magic 8-Ball has also been getting love much-needed love...

What ive decided to do is, every year we do subforum-love week, right? and when it finishes, we put it to a vote, and the winning subforum gets granted full forum status for an additional month. After said month, we do another, final poll (this time, no annonymous votes; everyone has to chime in & say why), to see if it stays on permanent-like or not. What's everyone think? it could add to the event, and give the more popular/viable ones a chance to shine.

ah, you mean pimping/advertising in general...well, yeah, mostly word-of-mouth. our myspace campaign didnt really seem to bring many lasting members, neither did our one day on wikipedia or uh, t-shirts will, id wager. i think the best way weve gotten people is placing ads in signatures on other sites/forumsb, and having our host site structure us in a way that keeps the googlebots, and other indexing bots, constantly here - theyre the majority of the nameless guests at any time. random-ass google searching is like our next biggest recruiter to word-of-motuh, but were always open to new ideas to get people in.

check out towards the very bottom of the FAQ to see a list of all the sites were on, i think we got a recent facebook entry too?

true, but most of the big-ass forums are built around a theme, be it something like, say, automobiles or a given celebrity. for a forum about nothing and no one in particluar, were an alright size, with a decent handful of regulars and a lotta people strolling back in if even just to check things out. We can always use new folks around, but barring an international incident on 2T or someone's part, i dont think were in any great danger of being overrun, though the spammers sure did try earlier this year.

Archived