Hondo's Bar

St. Patrick's Day Movies to watch

I threw together a last minute hang-out/St.Patties day thing monday night and was trying to think of what movies to watch while we're getting ripped on some guinness. I tried going to best buy and looking for these:

In the name of the father

The Boxer

Wind that shakes the barley

Michael Collins

I couldn't find a single one, so I had to deal with what I had at hand, I went with:

Irish American Ninja

Boondock Saints

Riverdance

What movies would you guys/gals watch if you had it do over again, or for next year?

I threw together a last minute hang-out/St.Patties day

how did st. patrick's become commonly known as "st. patties day"?

the name patrick can be shortened to "paddy" so one should say st. paddy's day, pattie is a character in the simpsons

now we've that settled

intermission is a great movie, kinda like the irish snatch

into the west is an annoying movie portraying travellers as loveable little rogues,

as opposed to the evil, inbreeding, fucked up pieces of shit that they are

In the name of the father

The Boxer

Wind that shakes the barley

Michael Collins

Paddy's day is when the Irish people and the people who inexplicably want to be Irish people celebrate their massively inflated sense of pride and conversely their complete lack of self respect. These are all important movies about Ireland that have something to say about the place beyond the caricature of the event, why the hell would you want to watch them on that of all days. Get some fucking Leprachaun on for christ's sake. Oh and Shrooms, you'll need some Shrooms.

Paddy's day is when the Irish people and the people who inexplicably want to be Irish people celebrate their massively inflated sense of pride and conversely their complete lack of self respect. These are all important movies about Ireland that have something to say about the place beyond the caricature of the event, why the hell would you want to watch them on that of all days. Get some fucking Leprachaun on for christ's sake. Oh and Shrooms, you'll need some Shrooms.

Jont, if you think this is offensive let me tell you about my Martin Luther King's Day parties.

You start off with:

a)40 oz.s of malt liquor

b)williams fried chicken

and

c)watch Blaxploitation movies like "Shaft", "Black Mama, White Mama", and "Coffy".

My advice to you is just to lighten up and let people find an excuse to get drunk.

P.S. Its a round planet the last time I checked. Patriotism never really made much sense to me.

P.P.S. Shrooms?, Can you hook a brotha up?

Its also shite...
Incredibly. And Paddy's day is the celebration of all that is Irish and shite. Strangely Shrooms comes from the director of I Went Down, which I thought was quite good.
Jont, if you think this is offensive let me tell you about my Martin Luther King's Day parties.
No, you're missing the point, it's not offensive enough. When I say you should watch some Leprachaun, I mean you should watch some Leprachaun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...