Hondo's Bar

Kick-Ass

Maldron

You know, whenever I find something amazingly awesome, I expect to be the last to the table. And seriously, your forum returned jack shit on this comic when I searched it out. I'm not gonna read through each individual page, mind you, but there was no topic devoted to it! And that won't stand.

KickAss1.jpg

Kick-Ass is a new comic by Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. that saw its first issue released last month. It follows the origin of the "superhero" Dave Lizewski, an ordinary kid with no superpowers. Who, after losinghis mother to a brain aneurysm and a long lived comic-book obsession decides to dress up like a superhero. In the first issue, he eventually decides to fight crime, first by trying to stop three teens from graffitting a wall. And they kick his ass. They kick his ass but GOOD.

And then, bloodied and beaten, he stumbles out into the street.

Where he gets hit by a car.

The second issue deals with what follows.

Seriously, this is the first comic I've read in a long while where I care about what's happening on every page. It's definitely worth a look, if you haven't already. Which you should've, because honestly, shit like this needs to be old news by the time I find out about it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Downloading comics? In other words your pulling a custer.

i live in co.tipp, the irish south is quite similar to ye're south except for the incest and racism (well at least towards blacks, the poles (polish (polish people)) are another story).

we have no comic book shops where i live.

there is one in the next city but it's shit and there's no way in hell it stocks comics by anybody other than the big three.

so my choices are download it or not read it

i live in co.tipp, the irish south is quite similar to ye're south except for the incest and racism (well at least towards blacks, the poles (polish (polish people)) are another story).

we have no comic book shops where i live.

there is one in the next city but it's shit and there's no way in hell it stocks comics by anybody other than the big three.

so my choices are download it or not read it

You win this round good sir.

P.S just who are the big three anyway?

You win this round good sir.

P.S just who are the big three anyway?

marvel, d.c. and image

also

Hard Drive + Bootleg DVDs

Macross: Do you remember love

Blood +

Gundam ZZ

Mazinkaiser movie

Mazinger

Turn A Gundam

V Gundam

Gundam X

MS Igloo

vandread

Seven of seven

Air gear

Devil may cry

Blue dragon

Gungrave

Macross Zero

1st robotech movie

Bubblegum Crisis OAV

Bubblegum Crisis 2040

Vampire Hunter D

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Afro Samurai

Combattler V

Dual

Ebichu

Final Fantasy Legend of the Crystals

Final Fantasy VII last order

Galaxy Express 999

Gekiganger 3

Girls Bravo

Golden Boy

Green Green

Green legend Ran

Gunbuster 2

Gundam seed stargazer

Zeta Gundam movies

Highlander

Jubei Chan

Lensman

Maison Ikkoku

Mouse

lucky star

Maburaho

Mai Hime

Orguss II

Paprika

Read or Die OAV

Read or Die TV

Robot Carnival

Ronin Warriors

Space Adventure Cobra

Tale of Eternia

Tales of Phantasia

Tales of Symphonia

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Votles V

Voltron - Vehicle Force

Wicked City

Windaria

Xenosaga

:kotter:

hey, i make no excuse for my downloading, but im an avid trade-buyer if anything.

Panch recommended this one; i only sat on it 'cause the other marvel Icon books i know are mostly Powers, which i fell behind on. Just got 1 & 2 (woulda done so sooner if i knew it was Millar), looking forward to 'em.

That said, i think the fact there was no topic also points to how little ive heard/read about the book; i dont know that Marvel's heavily promoting their Icon books. Didnt Mack's Kabuki also make the jump over?

Yeah, so what happens in Issue 2? That synopsis doesn't make me care enough to swallow my deep-seeded prejudice of Romita Jr(Agent of SHIELD did nothing to rise his stock in my eyes either). Curious though. There's not enough Millar in them funny books these days.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, it really is your loss. Panch's right; Millar's at his best on his own books like this. im not even minding JRJR one bit. the end of issue 1/half of issue 2 was very hard for me to read (shit's rough, kinda hits home) but you gotta give it to Millar for being able to really write to the fanboy audience. If this book keeps up like this, the trade's as good as bought.

how long is the series going on for?

Whuh?

So upon everyone's emphatic advice I picked up #2(couldn't find #1) and am thoroughly(sp) perplexed. If i need to read #1 to establish mood and therefor am talking shit correct me, but this book is crap. I will personally write and draw some drug-induced shit with my toes and we can compare the two, or I'll find some downie to take off his meds and get him to produce something comparible. This is where I understand why Baytor hates everything so much(although knowing Baytor he probably loves it alongside the rest've you fuckin' retards).

Archived