Hondo's Bar

Spectacular Spider-Man

The NZA

My american cartoon guy has told me it isn't entirely horrible, but then again he enjoys Johnny Test, so I don't remember if I still believe him or not.

Never up early enough to catch it. I'm only barely managing to hold onto the new Ben 10 cartoon, which is on in the evenings. I swear, I miss any shows that aren't torrents these days.

heh, i wonder how many of you caught 90's spidey season 5, it got crazy right around when War Machine teamed up with Spidey to fight carnage and uh, the devil i think it was.

i gotta download this one soon, i wanna see if this and the new bats are any good.

heh, i wonder how many of you caught 90's spidey season 5, it got crazy right around when War Machine teamed up with Spidey to fight carnage and uh, the devil i think it was.

i gotta download this one soon, i wanna see if this and the new bats are any good.

No it was Dormammu, he's like the the sub-devil. I thought the last season was the best when he teamed up with Man-Spider, Iron Spidey, and a bunch of other ones I don't remember to stop something or other, I don't know, I saw it the day it premiered and I never saw it played in syndication.

Though I have to say my favorite was the episode(s) where he went all mutated Spider monster and The Punisher and Kraven teamed up to take him down. That was a pretty cool one.

Alright, watched two episodes of it through the miracle of DVR, and found it good. All the spidey attitude, with all the spidey consequences, it's actually a pretty damn good show, restoring my faith in Saturday mornings. First episode I saw

he fought the Lizard, took pictures of himself fighting him to sell to the bugle, and ended up fired for doing that instead'a stickin' around to help design the cure to change him back. He took the cure all pissy-like to use on himself to get rid of it because he never asked for the powers, but then realizes that if he wasn't spidey, Conners would still be the Lizard and a family'd be torn apart.

All the makings of fun-to-watch Spider-man.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdJZ7Cy4n8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdJZ7Cy4n8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdJZ7Cy4n8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Ultimate:

Teen Titans Humor + talking past the fourth wall at least once every two minutes + *boing* sound effect when camera pans across underpants and other similar gags = Critical Miss.

I may be a hater, but i believe these things would irk many of you. Watch Ultimate at your peril.

Ultimate is awful. I was heartbroken when I found out Paul Dini was involved. He was golden during the DCAU era but he has fallen low on this piece of shit. Peter is useless, the team isn't much better, Fury is a joke. The jokes are pandering to the lowest common denominator and are just plain unfunny.

On the bright side, once Earth's Mightiest Heroes finishes this season we get a new Avengers show set in this universe along with this and HULK: Agent of S.M.A.S.H.

I don't mind if a show is targeted young, but don't make it a pandering piece of shit. See Batman: The Brave and the Bold to see how to do a young children's superhero show right.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...

10 years later....

just finished season 1, and this was good! probably the best animated take on :panch: I've seen so far. 

there's some interesting changes - gwens a science nerd here, eddie is pete's childhood friend, etc - but they all really work here, like its own ultimate universe. looking forward to season 2!