Hondo's Bar

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe?

Maldron

http://kotaku.com/381294/Mortal%20Kombat%2...20DC%20Universe

FROM WITHIN!

Mortal Kombat fan site Mortal Kombat Online are claiming that this image (click for bigger version), supplied to them by "a source within Midway", is the first piece of official art from the next Mortal Kombat game. And yeah, as you can guess from the miserable, hulking guy on the right, it'll be a Mortal Kombat vs DC game.

Seriously. I'd hit it.

Well what with Soul Calibur carting out Spawn, Heihachi, Link, and now Yoda and Darth Vader and Super Smash Bros. bringing Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog into the mix it was only a matter of time before somebody else did it.

This just in: I miss Marvel vs. Capcom.

This just in: I miss Marvel vs. Capcom.

If this does exist and comes out and does well, it could very well fuel a new series of crossover titles, allowing me to get my Capcom vs. SNK on.

Unrelated, but I'm totally buying King of Fighters XII.

Here's a big question though, what are the DC characters gonna do for fatalities? I mean is Batman gonna grappling hook a gargoyle to their ankle as they try to climb into their Getaway Copter? Will Superman punch the face out of their head? Will Dr. Light rape their wife?

Here's a big question though, what are the DC characters gonna do for fatalities? I mean is Batman gonna grappling hook a gargoyle to their ankle as they try to climb into their Getaway Copter? Will Superman punch the face out of their head? Will Light Man rape their wife?

god, sometimes i wish you were in charge of things.

Ironically some of the ones I can come up with fatalities for won't end up being in the game. I.E. Hitman, Baytor, Deathstroke, Lobo, let's face it we'll be lucky if Etrigan pops up.

Though the Wonder Twins might be able to form into the shape of a good idea and the sheer shock of that could kill a man.

Here's a big question though, what are the DC characters gonna do for fatalities? I mean is Batman gonna grappling hook a gargoyle to their ankle as they try to climb into their Getaway Copter? Will Superman punch the face out of their head? Will Dr. Light rape their wife?

That's my weekend :hulk:

Though the Wonder Twins might be able to form into the shape of a good idea and the sheer shock of that could kill a man.

that shit was funny right there

god, sometimes i wish you were in charge of things.

you gave him Movies...might as WELL give him Fantistic Forums, too...:FHD:

also, less mind-blowing: this MK ha s"little blood, no fatalities"? uh, guess that answers that.

Aw, maybe they'll at least do some kind of taunting finishing move. I can just see the Joker's now. "Sub-Zero Makes Huge Boner" I'm telling you it would be brilliant. Also when you beat Kyle Rayner your character could plop a fridge down in front of him and he could find the remains of his girlfriend inside of it.

And is it too much to hope for a little Batman Jones action in the game? :FHD:

It's Real

The trailer shows that at least people still spurt blood when you hit 'em.

Now I can just see it....

Scorpion vs. Batman

Batman digs his heels into the loamy dirt of the ground, 3 batarangs clutched between his gloved fingers. His breathing is slow and calm, his eyes watching his opponent.

Scorpion clenches his fists, his anger rising and deliberate. He stares down the caped crusader, licks of flame climb in his pupil-less eyes. "GET OVER HERE!" he shouts as he raises his hand and a barbed hook on a rope flies across the battlefield.

But the Dark Knight of Gotham is not so slow as to be caught by such a foolhardy move. He dodges out of the way, seizing the rope and using the ninja's weapon against him. He pulls Scorpion forward, a boot sole meeting with the revenant of hell's face.

Scorpion's foolhardiness proves deliberate though as he pulls the katana from the sheath on its back and swipes at Batman who just barely dodges the razor sharp blade, it's pointed tip cutting a swath across his chest. Blood oozes from the wound as he grits his teeth and flings the batarangs at Scorpion.

The ninja does three back flips, deflecting the bat shaped throwing stars and pulls his mask from his face, revealing a polished white skull beneath. The mouth opens and he laughs maniacally as a spray of fire leaps from his mouth.

The Dark Knight easily dodges the inferno and throws a small charge at Scorpion, the resulting explosion knocks the ninja back several yards. He climbs to his feet but totters woozily, the words "FINISH HIM!" echo loudly throughout the battleground.

Batman walks slowly to Scorpion who regards him with both fear and respect. To the victor go the spoils, Scorpion is a master warrior and has learned to accept defeat. Batman raises his hand and strikes with great force, holding out a platinum card.

"I win, so I'm paying for dinner this time." Batman says.

"You win this time, but I will defeat you one day." Scorpion remarks, his eyes narrowed with beaten fury.

Batman helps the yellow clad ninja from hell to his feet and they walk side-by-side into the Sizzler.

CIVILITY!

From what we can see from the trailer AND the artwork this should be BATMAN vs everyone else. A couple of things that I think this should have in order to be a success:

-Guy fucking Gardner of course!

-Hal Jordan Dark version (when he single handed destroyed all the pussies in OA. If we can see all the rings in his hand, all the better).

-Darkseid doing something else than throwing his gay eye rays (games like Marvel Vs Street fighter show us that big guys [aka Omega Red and Blackheart] can be fun to play with).

-A Metropolis after "superman vs Doomsday match" scenario.

-A special move or something from J'onn J'onzz, where you can transform for a minute into an Alien or Predator and kick some ass..... Hey why not? He is a shapeshifter, you know?

-The Superman Cyborg (because he was the coolest!).

-Lobo (just to annoy Nick).

-Metallo...

Archived